Defence or offence

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
The rumors are building that if Buffalo gets the top pick they are taking Ekblad. If that happens, what would Florida give up for Myers or Ehrhoff?
I'd be fine with giving up our pick for Myers (if his current injury is nothing serious), he's only 24, puts up decent offensive numbers and is beginning to pick up his physical play again.

mbitonti

Sep 30, 2013
I'd be fine with giving up our pick for Myers (if his current injury is nothing serious), he's only 24, puts up decent offensive numbers and is beginning to pick up his physical play again.

I feel like our first rounder (likely number 3) is worth more than Myers. Not saying I wouldn't like him on our team, but I'd just as soon take a scoring winger like Bennett and then draft a D-man with our second rounder and then with our first in next years much deeper draft. If we were picking somewhere around 8 or 9 I would be all for this though. I would also prefer trading up to get Ekblad. Maybe our first, Robak, and Pirri? Not much of a difference between the picks considering Buffalo has glaring needs at every position and is much farther behind us in their rebuild so they need the pieces.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I'm sure we'll get a top-3 pick, and hopefully either ekblad or reinhart.

theres a greater chance we end up drafting a forward than ekblad, if that happens then we'll need to make some additions to the backend. kulikov would almost certainly be resigned in that scenario. giving us campbell, kulikov, and gudbranson. i want both petrovic and olsen to stay in the ahl for now. buy out jovo for sure. leaving 3 spots to fill. i think niskanen would be a long shot. if he makes it to ufa and thats a big if, then he'll probably make a solid amount give or take 5.5per. theres other players that work too. my 3 would be greene to pair with campbell. solid, sturdy vet, wouldnt break the bank. nikitin with kulikov, a fellow russian and another solid, sturdy D. and willie mitchell for gudbranson. mitchell will turn 37 at the end of april. he missed all of last season (idk if because of injury or played somewhere else), and is having a non productive year this season. at 37 he'd be better served to play 3rd line minutes and i think he'd be a perfect partner for guds and would probably be pretty cheap considering his stats after this season. id give him 3.25per for 2yrs if i had to though. either way, 2yrs is perfect for him.

Campbell-Greene
Kulikov-Nikitin
Mitchell-Gudbranson

Luongo

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
For those who voted for offense, we'll have to be able to regularly score 5+ goals a game to make up for the pathetic defense we have in place right now to collect our wins, and how often does that happen?

Defense/trapping system all the way.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
For those who voted for offense, we'll have to be able to regularly score 5+ goals a game to make up for the pathetic defense we have in place right now to collect our wins, and how often does that happen?

Agree this team needs defensive structure like a chicken needs his head.

mbitonti

Sep 30, 2013

Agreed, we'd essentially be the Lightning from two or three years ago when they'd post 4 goals a game but let in 6. Also, we wouldn't have Stamkos and St. Louis so who knows if we'd even score that many. I'd rather win 3-2 or 2-1 games.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
ekblad got serious 40-50p potential, what ceiling does the wingers have? 70-80?

40-50 with elite two way play is BY FAR worth more than 70-80p wingers, imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad