Value of: Def to NJD

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
some may not do it, but I take that.
The cap hit is ugly but I'm liking that 2nd in our rebuild.

You aren't in any cap issues and with Savard gone next year Carle gets you to the floor. If he makes himself useful in the next two years might be able to trade him for more assets.

DeVols

#VFL
Jan 31, 2008
Knoxville, TN
We won't have any issues getting to the floor, so that's a non-issue. I would want something more than a 2nd to take Carle off your hands and give you that cap space.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
for ****s sake, if someone mentions the cap floor in a thread about the Devils again.. I'm gonna lose it lol.

The Devils never had a problem getting there and certainly won't have a problem now. If we acquire junk contracts, it's purely for the assets that come with it and nothing at all about the floor.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I would take Him if your young Russian center or Killorn was involved but not for a 2nd.

We would just buy him out rather than giving up either of those pieces. The 1.8 dead space sucks but not worth trading good pieces to rid ourselves of it. If we trade him I see picks being attached, lesser prospects or us taking back some salary.

Group Chat Legend*

Fowler+Stoner for Blandisi, 2017 1st

Petrovic for 2 2nds

thoughts?

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
I would not want to trade our 2017 first for any defenseman. Could still be a lottery pick

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
No trades. Devils will probably sign at least one if not two UFA. Kris Russell, Ben Lovejoy, Luke Schenn are logical candidates for one. Then they'll dig into the lower tier for another back pairing option, like the Schlemko, Wiercoches of the world.

Group Chat Legend*

I would not want to trade our 2017 first for any defenseman. Could still be a lottery pick

you cant be serious.

you dont trade for Hall to be a lottery team... trade the 1st and improve the defense, the Devils are officially past rebuilding. we now need a few dmen to replace Larsson and then we are in the playoffs easily.

Group Chat Legend*

No trades. Devils will probably sign at least one if not two UFA. Kris Russell, Ben Lovejoy, Luke Schenn are logical candidates for one. Then they'll dig into the lower tier for another back pairing option, like the Schlemko, Wiercoches of the world.

luke schenn isnt even a #7 want no part of him

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
I think so far the only two defensemen I would trust to take over so defensive responsibilities would be Demers and Schlemko. Schlemmer can play the right side and Demers is the best righty available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad