Value of: Def to NJD

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Maybe Shatty if you're confident you can re-sign him. The UFA-status should drop his price a bit. Maybe your '17 1st plus something else. Not sure what...

NateB19

Feb 25, 2016
you cant be serious.

you dont trade for Hall to be a lottery team... trade the 1st and improve the defense, the Devils are officially past rebuilding. we now need a few dmen to replace Larsson and then we are in the playoffs easily.

In the playoffs easily? Buddy, the Devils had 5 people with near or over 40 points last season. You can't be serious. The next closest person was Severson with 21. You can't honestly think adding 1 forward makes you a playoff team.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
In the playoffs easily? Buddy, the Devils had 5 people with near or over 40 points last season. You can't be serious. The next closest person was Severson with 21. You can't honestly think adding 1 forward makes you a playoff team.

its a lot more than adding 1 forward

the Devils' bottom 6 was historically bad last year. they had something like 30 goals total from the 11-12 guys that played regularly in the bottom 6.

most of the trash like Ruutu, Gionta, Tootoo, etc will all be gone and replaced with able bodies

I am not saying the Devils are some world beater now because they aren't. But they should be at LEAST right there in the race til the end.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Fowler + stoner for cammalleri + blandisi???

Now that Lars has been moved, I think a move like this would help.
How about 50% retention on Cams + a sweetener for Fowler or something similar.
Anaheim looks lean on the left side and with retention they are getting good bang for their buck. We hang onto Blan because we need rostered players and they get cap relief along with a sniper at half off.

Cams has a NTC but its Southern Ca and Ducks are not a sucky team. I believe it can work

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Doughty
Muzzin
Martinez
McNabb
Trotman
Forbort
Gravel
Gilbert
Greene
Scuderi

Doughty is untouchable but the rest could be had for the right price...

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
why would the ducks attach Fowler with stoner for lesser pieces?

Not sure if your post is in response to my post.
If it was, Mike Cammalleri scored at almost at a PPG
At $5M its ridiculous to take his contract. But at $2.5M he's a sniper on LW which appears to be lean in Ana. He would play with Getz and Perry

He played his entire career in the West before coming to NJ so he knows that side of the league.
I also included a + (not a first)

Ana is win now mode with the core guys getting up there. If you trade for a first, its more than likely that guy does not play for a min of 1-2 yrs unless its #1 OA. Devs suck but I don't think we would be worst team in the league to get you that. Cams does miss games, no doubt, but that's why the +
Its not the prettiest proposal buts answers things for both teams

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
you cant be serious.

you dont trade for Hall to be a lottery team... trade the 1st and improve the defense, the Devils are officially past rebuilding. we now need a few dmen to replace Larsson and then we are in the playoffs easily.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. I'm optimistic about next year, but if we're wrong and something on our rosters gives you're going to really regret dealing that 1st.

There's a reason they don't get dealt until the trade deadline.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
I would not want to trade our 2017 first for ANY defenseman. Could still be a lottery pick

The "ANY" part of your response is to funny. There are a ton of defensemen your team would move that pick for instantly. The hard part is getting the team that owns those players to move them.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
you cant be serious.

You can't be serious, if you think the Devils are in the playoffs "easily". They could make it but they could just as easy miss them too.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
The "ANY" part of your response is to funny. There are a ton of defensemen your team would move that pick for instantly. The hard part is getting the team that owns those players to move them.

Well, yeah, obviously I would move a 1st that could be anywhere between 5-15oa for a proven top pairing guy under 28, but that's not just going to happen. Considering Larsson got us Hall, the market for defense is clearly very expensive atm.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
It's going to take a bit to be honest because everyone after him is kinda hot garbage.

which is why we don't make good partners. you don't have the defensive depth to deal anyone away that would help us IMO.

i'm not sure what we'll do but i imagine if we go the trade route, it will be someone who still fits the age of our core (~26 the oldest). Shero has been keen on only adding younger players and before UFA hadn't added anyone over age 30.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Cammalleri is not a good enough return for Fowler. He's 34 and has 3 years left on his contract, even if it's 50% retained, that's still not enough value coming back for a 24 year old top pairing defensemen.

This team can't afford to give up high quality youth for older players and prospects that aren't all that impressive (that includes Blandsi).

NJ doesn't have the right players that fit our needs when you're asking for Fowler.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Cammalleri is not a good enough return for Fowler. He's 34 and has 3 years left on his contract, even if it's 50% retained, that's still not enough value coming back for a 24 year old top pairing defensemen.

This team can't afford to give up high quality youth for older players and prospects that aren't all that impressive (that includes Blandsi).

NJ doesn't have the right players that fit our needs when you're asking for Fowler.

You have absolutely no idea how good Mike Cammalleri is then.

38 points in 42 games last season. If he were healthy the entire year, thats a 74 point pace - which would have placed him 12th in the NHL in points.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
You have absolutely no idea how good Mike Cammalleri is then.

38 points in 42 games last season. If he were healthy the entire year, thats a 74 point pace - which would have placed him 12th in the NHL in points.

He's also 34, injury prone, on his deal is for another 3 years. That kind of player just does not get Fowler back, especially when he's the main piece.

I so do love when people bring up scoring pace, as if it's a guaranteed fact that said player would keep up that pace throughout the season. Cam hasn't beaten 50 points since 2010, his second best season point wise was 3 years ago when he got 45 points in 63 games. Yeah, that's awesome, but that was also 3 years ago. 3 years is a long time, especially for someone who's already above 30 years old. Cam just isn't going to be pulling out 70+ point seasons again in his career (probably not putting up 50+ point seasons either), so he's not really worth trading Fowler for.

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
As much as I like Cammalleri, I'm good with including him in any reasonable trade offer. I also think he's a prime candidate to be left unprotected in the expansion draft, especially if one of our young forwards has a breakthrough season.

And the floor nonsense can stop. We're above the floor as of today and still have Palmieri to sign and could potentially bring on another UFA.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Despres + pick for Boucher + Wedgewood

Boucher looks like he can be a 2nd line LW, I don't think I'd trade him for Despres. No reason to throw in Wedgewood either.

I like Despres but that's too expensive for my tastes.

We'll trade you Lovejoy for him :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad