Pre-Game Talk: Decisions Decisions Decisions v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
I don't even watch the games anymore. Too much disappointment when they lose.
I have tickets to game 6 and I’m not even sure I should put myself through that. I’m not usually as pessimistic but that last effort was brutal.

Reactions: Kerberos

Reasonable Oil Fan

Oct 7, 2022
In the Real World
You'd have to think this is likely the case.

If he is questioning re-signing when the window opens to sign him, Oilers likely move him for assets to take a run at it without Draisaitl and a year left of McDavid.

Keeping him the best option for the short-term obviously, but losing him and not acquiring assets back will haunt the organization for many many years.
It’s his payday
You got to think he’s going to free agency. Why wouldn’t he?

Reactions: McBigYak

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Not a single deadline acquisition played last night despite it being an all-in year. The only one who might have is old, small and injured.

Hopefully that changes next game.

Reactions: iCanada

WEMCHUD

Oct 28, 2014
I know a lot of people thinking the series is over, but there's a reason they're best of 7's, not best of 5's.

Going to the game on Saturday. Last game I went to was the wing against the knights during the first 8 game win streak this season so hopefully they can pull out a win again!

Reactions: Drivesaitl

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
It’s his payday
You got to think he’s going to free agency. Why wouldn’t he?
He’s signing this summer imo whether it’s with the Oilers or not. He’s probably going to be the top paid player in the NHL regardless if he waits until he’s a UFA.

Lots can happen in a year so I just don’t see him not locking down that kind of money / contract asap. Not to mention the extra year is huge on his contract for whoever owns his rights.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
I have tickets to game 6 and I’m not even sure I should put myself through that. I’m not usually as pessimistic but that last effort was brutal.
The inconsistency of this team and their inability to find a baseline that every other championship team possesses is what's most infuriating. Just never know what you're gonna get and that makes it difficult to really invest.

It'd be easier to handle the losses if they were simply bested by a better team but this team loves to constantly shoot itself in the foot. Makes watching them a chore and not much fun at all.

Reactions: PuckG

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
McDavid injured and possibly sick too smh.

Said it in other thread, but I don’t think our players rest up when they are hurt in the regular season like typical teams do. They come into the playoffs banged up and it only gets worse.

After this teams slow starts or poor Decembers, they feel like they can’t miss a game because they are always playing the regular season from behind.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
He’s signing this summer imo whether it’s with the Oilers or not. He’s probably going to be the top paid player in the NHL regardless if he waits until he’s a UFA.

Lots can happen in a year so I just don’t see him not locking down that kind of money / contract asap. Not to mention the extra year is huge on his contract for whoever owns his rights.

He can’t sign with anyone but us this summer he still has a year left on his deal.

I will gladly take them off you hands lol

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Said it in other thread, but I don’t think our players rest up when they are hurt in the regular season like typical teams do. They come into the playoffs banged up and it only gets worse.

After this teams slow starts or poor Decembers, they feel like they can’t miss a game because they are always playing the regular season from behind.

That’s exactly it, they had to play their best players (including the maligned Kane) through injury because they simply couldn’t start the season on time

The best they could do was rest McDavid for a few games before the end of the season after they clinched

Reactions: frag2

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
This. Also, being sick/hurt doesn't excuse going to center ice and dumping the puck being the ONLY play in the last 30 mins of the game.
Yep dump the puck in from half. The Canucks pin our guys to the boards and send an extra man to get the puck. They win the puck battle and go the other way. Repeat. I was going crazy.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I know there will be a lot of positivity posts about an upcoming game 6 but I'll phrase it again. Who here thought game 6 was going to be an elimination game for the Canucks in Edmonton?

Disappointment, utter, is how one would categorize this relative to what was expected. Thus far the Oilers have failed due to a number of reasons.

Maybe we win, I think we even are still favored to win this game. But that only gets us to game 7, on the road.

Backs are against it. Margin for errors now nil.

Whens the last time the Oilers won a game they could be eliminated in? I don't even know. 3 playoffs ago? LA series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad