GDT: December 29th - Canucks @ Flames [5:30pm - Sportsnet West]

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
When you look at that Calgary lineup; it doesn't look very good at all, honestly. And finally they're playing the way they are in paper... boys and girls, get ready for the second half of the season... because she's going to be a real stinker.

On a side note; Monahan really should have gone to the WJC, he doesn't even look like he belongs up here anymore. Mind you, the same could be said about the entire team minus a few.

JulianHopper*

Flames Get Shutout Again 2-0

Why was Derek Smith and Shane O'Brien on the ice in the final 2 minutes of the game? Especially when the Flames are trying to get a goal and get back in the game.

Why isn't Lance Bouma getting more minutes when he's consistently one of the better Flames in the game?

Those are coaching decisions.

Good game by Reto Berra stopping pretty much all of his shots (27). I thought he should have stopped the winning goal as that was a bad goal for him to let in.

But if your team doesn't even get one goal you can't blame the goalie even if it's a bad goal.

Team stats in this game were pretty much even except with the Flames getting only 18 shots.

Pretty much have to play Markus Granlund next game. Something needs to give and trade can't be to far off now.

A bad call on Brian McGrattan as well, shouldn't have been a minor penalty even. Alberts should have gotten 2 for diving and embellishing.

The team needs to find a way to score and win the next game.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Why was Derek Smith and Shane O'Brien on the ice in the final 2 minutes of the game? Especially when the Flames are trying to get a goal and get back in the game.

Why isn't Lance Bouma getting more minutes when he's consistently one of the better Flames in the game?

Those are coaching decisions.

Good game by Reto Berra stopping pretty much all of his shots (27). I thought he should have stopped the winning goal as that was a bad goal for him to let in.

But if your team doesn't even get one goal you can't blame the goalie even if it's a bad goal.

Team stats in this game were pretty much even except with the Flames getting only 18 shots.

Pretty much have to play Markus Granlund next game. Something needs to give and trade can't be to far off now.

A bad call on Brian McGrattan as well, shouldn't have been a minor penalty even. Alberts should have gotten 2 for diving and embellishing.

The team needs to find a way to score and win the next game.

Agreed on all points. O'Brien gets fancy in the offensive zone and turns it over, ultimately causing the transition and goal. Lack of offense is a problem.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Florida, Edmonton and the Isles are all playing better. Right now a top 2 pick looks likely. The only trades I hope we make is selling off vets. Any moves from here on in should be for the future. I didn't think we played terrible, but we couldn't generate squat.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Florida, Edmonton and the Isles are all playing better. Right now a top 2 pick looks likely. The only trades I hope we make is selling off vets. Any moves from here on in should be for the future. I didn't think we played terrible, but we couldn't generate squat.

Calgary is by far the worst team on paper. Having watched the Kitties - Habs game last night; I actually really like that Florida team, and think they should be doing a lot better... and will. I am also completely jealous of them watching their top two lines... two massive centers with great hands that are under 22 :( want so bad.

The Isles and Edmonton should also pass us... we're just not there... There's not a ton of ability on this team... and both those teams have some incredible players.

I hate losing, especially to the Canucks... but the thought of building out with the likes of Sammy Reinhart or Ekblad makes me feel better.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I hate losing, especially to the Canucks... but the thought of building out with the likes of Sammy Reinhart or Ekblad makes me feel better.

Would rather want Reinhart as I have not been impressed with Ekblad at the WJC.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010

Lack of high end talent. Guys who can make an impact and can finish a play. The lack of goals all while Hudler and Cammy are slumping is no coincidence.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Would rather want Reinhart as I have not been impressed with Ekblad at the WJC.

I would too honestly, but not for the WJC reason.
I just think you build out from skilled and good centers. Defence is developed in other rounds of the draft honestly.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Friday, November 1st versus the Detroit Red Wings
Saturday, November 16th versus the Edmonton Oilers
Tuesday, December 10th versus the Boston Bruins
Friday, December 27th versus the Edmonton Oilers
Sunday, December 29th versus the Vancouver Canucks

What do all these games have in common? These were games with the new third jerseys and they were all losses! I knew these were a bad idea!

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net

What do all these games have in common? These were games with the new third jerseys and they were all losses! I knew these were a bad idea!

Brutal. They might go down as the worst jersey in Flames history.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net

yippee-o.gif

Yippee.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

Official jerseys of the tank!

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver

Just a quick update on that diving and embellishing Andrew Alberts:

Blake Price ‏@blakeprice1040 15m
Boy Torts' words about Andrew Alberts don't sound very encouraging.. Said he was a long ways away and was trying to sort through a lot

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks 33m
Alberts continues to evaluated, but is "no where near where these guys are right now", according to Torts.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
I do think there is the small possibility he embellished and ended up hurting himself more. Obviously in slow-mo it's different but it looks like he was trying to draw a penalty and ended up slamming his head into the ice. Probably a ridiculous thing to say tho.

Wish him all the best. Only guy on the Canucks I actually don't hate.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00