GDT: Dec. 30 • Group A • Canada 5, Slovakia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Hopefully, we got more Fucale and Hudon, less Paterson and Leier.

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
Agreed. Canada made so many bad roster decisions this year. Nurse was the worst, but there was also:

Jarry and Comrie left off for Paterson and Fucale, also no 3rd goalie brought over.
Emile Poirier was left off was a big one for me too

There also needed to be a mechanism for McDavid to basically make him the 13th forward/PP weapon. Right now he's being depended on way too much and the pressure is clearly getting to him. In the last game, Sutter should have kept playing him OR committed to the benching and NOT put him in the all important shootout.

They left Beauvillier, Connor Brown, and Verhaege all off too

Yep. Don't forget Domi who has been playing unbelievable since the roster was announced. Time and time again we see Canada make dumb roster choices. This is a single elimination tournament played on big ice, not a best of 7 series against the same team on North American Ice. But Canada brings lunch bucket players like Anderson, Gauthier, Rychel. Leier's not better than what they left off the team, even Horvat looks too slow for the big ice.

You can't tell me with a straight face that Taylor Leier is a better opition for an offensive role than Connor Brown, Max Domi or Carter Verhaege.

MyNameIsNobody*

You couldnt be more off. Fucale is shaky at best. And Sutter needs to get guys like Petan and Leier going, they need to be contributing, not sitting on the bench. Should have taken Leipsic and put all three together on a line. Also leaving Nurse off the team in favour of Pelech and Bigras is a debacle of monumental proportions.

Bob Nicholson should be tied to a horse and dragged through a cactus patch.

Look guys, if we dont medal this year maybe the axe will fall higher up?

If we medal or even win than he has another 3 years....which is worse?

I'd rather not win and make sure the proper people are in charge instead of putting a bandage on a broken leg...

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Yep. Don't forget Domi who has been playing unbelievable since the roster was announced. Time and time again we see Canada make dumb roster choices. This is a single elimination tournament played on big ice, not a best of 7 series against the same team on North American Ice. But Canada brings lunch bucket players like Anderson, Gauthier, Rychel. Leier's not better than what they left off the team, even Horvat looks too slow for the big ice.

You can't tell me with a straight face that Taylor Leier is a better opition for an offensive role than Connor Brown, Max Domi or Carter Verhaege.

To be fair, Domi was really struggling at the time and did not warrant a position on the roster. So in hindsight, wouldn't have taken him.

However, I would have left off Anderson, Rychel, Leier, maybe even Gauthier for Poirier, Brown, Verhaege, and one of Beauvillier or Laurent Dauphin. Kinda preferred Gauthier over Dauphin

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm with those who were surprised that Poirier didn't make the team. Aside from that I don't have a problem with the roster they just need to play better to be honest. There is more than enough talent on this team to win the tournament.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I'm with those who were surprised that Poirier didn't make the team. Aside from that I don't have a problem with the roster they just need to play better to be honest. There is more than enough talent on this team to win the tournament.

This. We have enough talent to win the tournament. Hopefully people don't use that as an excuse.

like a martian

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Czech's scored when they had to. Canada wasn't that great defensively either. Paterson wasn't bad but wasn't as good as you'd like your no. 1 goalie to be in a one game elimination tournament.

This. Paterson wasn't great but the defense was pretty bad too.

ellen degeneres

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

I don't know how many games you saw from Poirier this season, but he's setting records of indiscipline... Actually, he would if he wouldn't play on the same team than Vincent Dunn.

But yeah, his skillset would be absolutely great on big ice.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
To be fair, Domi was really struggling at the time and did not warrant a position on the roster. So in hindsight, wouldn't have taken him.

However, I would have left off Anderson, Rychel, Leier, maybe even Gauthier for Poirier, Brown, Verhaege, and one of Beauvillier or Laurent Dauphin. Kinda preferred Gauthier over Dauphin

...Beauvillier?
He's pretty bad this season. AND is an overager.

If speaking about his lil' bro -- that one has nothing to do on a U20 squad. Could be good on the U17 or U18 though.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
You couldnt be more off. Fucale is shaky at best. And Sutter needs to get guys like Petan and Leier going, they need to be contributing, not sitting on the bench. Should have taken Leipsic and put all three together on a line. Also leaving Nurse off the team in favour of Pelech and Bigras is a debacle of monumental proportions.

Bob Nicholson should be tied to a horse and dragged through a cactus patch.

Nurse can't play at this level, he's a turnover machine..... might be the most overrated defenceman in the entire CHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad