Injury Report: Dec. 12: Mark Streit, upper body (reported as sprained left shoulder), out two weeks

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
There is no practice Monday and until this is updated, Tim Panaccio has the following note:

He has Streit and Gostisbehere as "questionable" for the game at Colorado.

===========
Update:

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/otf-streit-out-two-weeks/c-284646956

STREIT OUT 2 WEEKS
Flyers GM Ron Hextall announced that defenseman Mark Streit will be out two weeks with an upper-body injury.

Streit leads the Flyers defense in goals (5) and is tied on the team's defense in points (16) with Shayne Gostisbehere, who missed Sunday's game at Detroit with an upper-body injury.

Streit has averaged nearly 20 minutes per game at 19:52, including 2:23 on the team's power play. He is one of two Flyers defensemen to appear in all 31 games so far for the Flyers (Ivan Provorov).

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Losing Ghost hurts the PP and losing Streit helps it.

I'd love for them to put Provorov there but I doubt it. Probably ****in Manning or something else awful.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Why would MDZ leapfrog Provy who has been on the left point on PP2 all season? If Streit and Ghost are both out I think it will be:

G-Simmonds-Schenn
Provorov-Voracek

Cousins-Weise-Konecny
MacDonald-MDZ

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
Why would MDZ leapfrog Provy who has been on the left point on PP2 all season? If Streit and Ghost are both out I think it will be:

G-Simmonds-Schenn
Provorov-Voracek

Cousins-Weise-Konecny
MacDonald-MDZ
Not that pp2 has been some juggernaut but some coaches would rather change only one unit than both

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Both units would be changed if MDZ went to PP1 because he was on PP2 yesterday.

Provorov is our 3rd best Pp QB so he should be on PP1 if Streit and Ghost are hurt.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If both are out, it will undoubtedly be Provorov on PP1.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Both units would be changed if MDZ went to PP1 because he was on PP2 yesterday.

Provorov is our 3rd best Pp QB so he should be on PP1 if Streit and Ghost are hurt.

I have him as 2nd best. Streit is cooked. Looked awful on PP1 yesterday.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
My biggest issue with Streit on PP is that he fumbles it or it hops over his stick in the O-Zone every time. I don't think he's "cooked" but i think his hand eye coordination probably is.

Im assuming MDZ will go to PP2 and Provorov would go to pp1.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
My biggest issue with Streit on PP is that he fumbles it or it hops over his stick in the O-Zone every time. I don't think he's "cooked" but i think his hand eye coordination probably is.

Im assuming MDZ will go to PP2 and Provorov would go to pp1.

Yesterday was actually one of the few times he didn't seem to mishandle the puck at the point, and he actually had one or two nice zone saves. However, he couldn't have looked more like a robot at the point and telegraphed his pass every time.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I would much rather MDZ or Gudas on top powerplay unit over Provy. With as much as Provy is relied to play the toughest minutes on defense I don't want to add to his workload even more. Also once the powerplay is over and Colorado is going to put Mackinnon, Duchene etc on ice I don't want Mdz or Amac flailing out there for next two minutes.

thelos

Bunk
Jul 19, 2011
I think MDZ is best choice just because he has played on that unit at times during last couple of years.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Provy Amac
MDZ Gudas
Manning Ghost

I don't think we miss a step really

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
With ghost out this turns into a negiative. The pp needs someone back there. Hopefully ghost is back in a game or two. Too many injuries right now. This thing may collapse if they don't get some people back soon. Going to be some time though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad