Injury Report: Dec. 12: Mark Streit, upper body (reported as sprained left shoulder), out two weeks

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
After that happened to Ghost, I was thinking "Why don't they reinforce these gloves with some kevlar (or something appropriate, I'm not a metallurgist), surely they can make something flexible with more protection?" And then I thought about Price wailing on Camalleri, and guys punching with their gloves on, and I thought maybe it wouldn't feel good to be punched with a kevlar fist. Still, you'd think they could come up with something stronger, especially with all the slashing, as happened to Gaudreau.

EDIT: I do realize Price used his blocker - just saying.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
After that happened to Ghost, I was thinking "Why don't they reinforce these gloves with some kevlar (or something appropriate, I'm not a metallurgist), surely they can make something flexible with more protection?" And then I thought about Price wailing on Camalleri, and guys punching with their gloves on, and I thought maybe it wouldn't feel good to be punched with a kevlar fist. Still, you'd think they could come up with something stronger, especially with all the slashing, as happened to Gaudreau.

EDIT: I do realize Price used his blocker - just saying.

Johnny's new gloves
calgary-flames-johnny-gaudreau-back-in-the-lineup-wearing-a.jpeg

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
Sounds like just both.

“They’re different,†Gaudreau said. “A lot more padding. That was one of the protocols for me being able to play tonight, wearing those blocker pads. It’ll take a little time to get used to, but I think it’s going to help me in the long run.â€

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I assume that Schultz will be back in the line-up, but am I alone in thinking that calling up Brennan might be a blessing in disguise? Take him out of Gordon's toy box so Morin and Sanheim can move up the roster.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I assume that Schultz will be back in the line-up, but am I alone in thinking that calling up Brennan might be a blessing in disguise? Take him out of Gordon's toy box so Morin and Sanheim can move up the roster.

That's a good idea. We could stand a trade or two as well, eventually. Although, who knows anymore, with as tight as the standings are - maybe it would be more disruptive than helpful. I am sure my opinion on that will change during Mark Streit's first shift lol and God only knows what AMac will do.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Ghost practiced today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->