Rumor: DeBrusk to Edmonton

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Debtisk has 30 goal potential but not sure what the Bruins would want from the Oilers. Nurse or Klefbom would be an over pay. 14th OA or Bear is probably fair value.
You’d give up Bear for a winger who’s never had 50 points in the nhl?

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
What is Debrusk going to get for his next contract? 5 mill? I think hes going to have a hard time living up to whatever he gets awarded.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I'm not sure how that makes sense for Boston unless they plan on making a big splash for Hoffman and/or Hall. Outside of the top line, DeBrusk is the only guy that can be counted on to score 20+ goals.

Besides scoring depth, Boston needs a top 4 LD with some size, top pairing preferred. Edmonton's LD situation is a bit tricky with Klefbom out for a little while.

i can see that as a plan. trade debrusk for oilers 1st round pick, use that pick in deal for OEL.
sign one of the UFA wingers.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'm not sure how that makes sense for Boston unless they plan on making a big splash for Hoffman and/or Hall. Outside of the top line, DeBrusk is the only guy that can be counted on to score 20+ goals.

Besides scoring depth, Boston needs a top 4 LD with some size, top pairing preferred. Edmonton's LD situation is a bit tricky with Klefbom out for a little while.

Yep, it makes no sense unless it's Nurse going to the Bruins which the Oilers can't afford to do so it's not going to happen.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
What is Debrusk going to get for his next contract? 5 mill? I think hes going to have a hard time living up to whatever he gets awarded.
He's not arb eligible, so nothing's getting awarded. But on a 2 year bridge, I'd imagine $2.5m - $3.5m, probably closer to the lower end. Longer term, it'll push toward your $5m.

Reactions: wintersej

Mark MacCrimmon

Sep 29, 2020
The speculation is happening, not sure where it started. No concrete info.
i can see that as a plan. trade debrusk for oilers 1st round pick, use that pick in deal for OEL.
sign one of the UFA wingers.

Fine with me. Can't waste McD. My hope would be Oilers can move a D to acquire a pick, and trade a 1st for DeBrusk. DeBrusk would print money with McD imo. Then again, some would say the same for AA. not much competition other than that.

In a perfect world, we have the space to acquire DeBrusk and sign AA at <2.5M for some healthy competition and potential. Probably along the lines of Holland's plan pre-covid. Not sure we end up with either rn.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI

I'm guessing around $3M or under on a short term deal. Who knows. Falls in same pattern as McAvoy/Carlo.

I think he's a 30/30 guy going forward. Doesn't work well with the slower/more deliberate Krejci (North-South vs East West). Basically the only player on this team who has been able to score goals (outside the top line) since he came into the league.

Would be shocked if he's traded without an immediate upgrade or replacement. Like must be really sure they have Hall or someone in their back pocket if traded for futures.....

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Anyone know how legit this guy is? Just speculation or could it be more?

mods pls change the tag to speculation if this guy isn’t connected.

He’s just speculating unless you interpret “feels like a thing that going to happen” as him reporting sourced hard intel.

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
Rumor: “I’ve heard from [sources] that van and Boston are talking debrusk”

speculation: “Debrusk to van feels like something that would happen”

hope this helps

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
If it’s EDM then it’s Debrusk and Nurse

If it’s Vancouver it’s Boeser +

I'd personally be pretty upset if we traded Nurse for Debrusk.

It would be playing wack a mole. We'd fill our depth winger need, by opening up a massive hole in our top 4.

I'm not really sure what we could really offer teams in a trade, outside of cap dumps like Neal or overpaid utility player like Russel / Chiasson.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I don't feel like Boston would be after a pick, no? Probably moreso seeking immediate help?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
If it’s EDM then it’s Debrusk and Nurse

If it’s Vancouver it’s Boeser +

Nurse is top 4 D man.

Top 4 D >> complimentary middle 6 winger.

I do like DeBrusk but the cost isn’t Nurse.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
not a rumor

Is this an actual rumour? Sounds more like some guy who had a dream and thinks it’s some kind of premonition.

This isn’t a rumour.

He’s just speculating unless you interpret “feels like a thing that going to happen” as him reporting sourced hard intel.

Rumor: “I’ve heard from [sources] that van and Boston are talking debrusk”

speculation: “Debrusk to van feels like something that would happen”

hope this helps

This isn’t a rumour...

Feels like this thread being locked is a thing that’s going to happen.

I stated in the first post that I wasn't sure if the guy was legit or not and that mods could change the tag to Speculation if they'd like.

Feel like some people on here just love adding nothing of substance and just repeat the exact same thing multiple people have said before them.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Who da hell is Ian McLaren

I confused him for a second with Kyle McLaren and thought this might be legit, but this is a nobody with a podcast just openly speculating.

I could say "Brock Boeser getting traded to Minnesota feels like a thing that will happen this summer" and it would carry the same weight

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
I confused him for a second with Kyle McLaren and thought this might be legit, but this is a nobody with a podcast just openly speculating.

I could say "Brock Boeser getting traded to Minnesota feels like a thing that will happen this summer" and it would carry the same weight
Bob Mckenzie follows you too? Respect my dude.

Reactions: nerblet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad