Who is your favorite for #2 RW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The question I have is why is DeBrusk locked with Krejci. It's not like they had just unbelievable chemistry together and need to be glued to each other.

I think this is a large untalked about x-factor. Donato Krejci Pastrnak sounds like a very dynamic line to me.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
I think this is a large untalked about x-factor. Donato Krejci Pastrnak sounds like a very dynamic line to me.

Personally I'd have Heinen on Krejci's left wing. To me he seems better along the boards and in traffic than DeBrusk, even though it may not look like it since he is so smooth. Very reminiscent of Loui Eriksson who had 30+30 season when Claude finally played him with Krejci. Then I'd probably have Donato or Pastrnak on Krejci's right wing.

Reactions: wintersej

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Interesting take. I like the sound of that line, additionally I'd be intrigued by seeing Marchand-Bergeron-Debrusk as the first line.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Can Debrusk play on the right side? If so, that sounds like an idea worth pursuing...

I just think Heinen with Krejci is a worthy pair. Heinen's smart enough not to get too carried away with the puck - which Pasta can do on occasion. He'd balance out Pasta's shifty and somewhat reckless style. And I think he'd still be a solid bulldog for that line without having to be a Lucic. We ALL know Krejci needs a player like that on his line

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Can Debrusk play on the right side? If so, that sounds like an idea worth pursuing...

I just think Heinen with Krejci is a worthy pair. Heinen's smart enough not to get too carried away with the puck - which Pasta can do on occasion. He'd balance out Pasta's shifty and somewhat reckless style. And I think he'd still be a solid bulldog for that line without having to be a Lucic. We ALL know Krejci needs a player like that on his line

Why not just play Heinen there? He's shown he's capable of playing both wings.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Either way, I think Heinen's warranted a call up to the top 6, at least to see what happens.

That's not a knock on debrusk or donato or anything. Heinen just seems to have this veteran savvy that demands more time on ice

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Either way, I think Heinen's warranted a call up to the top 6, at least to see what happens.

That's not a knock on debrusk or donato or anything. Heinen just seems to have this veteran savvy that demands more time on ice

If a rookie is going to be the #3C, I think Heinen should stay on the 3rd line for exactly the reasons he deserves a promotion.

Reactions: HustleB and gumgum

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If a rookie is going to be the #3C, I think Heinen should stay on the 3rd line for exactly the reasons he deserves a promotion.

Agree 100% with you on this thought. I'd also add that throwing someone between he and Backes would be a huge help since Backes/Heinen are already familiar with each other. Backes is the leader of the line, but Heinen can relate easy to younger players and help them adjust since he himself was that guy last year. I really think that any of JFK, Studnicka or Frederic would be ok between those two. I love the idea of Frederic and Backes together, but I feel like he's the dark horse of the trio to get the job.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
i've never liked krejci and pastrnak together. it's unfortunate that they can't run something like:
marchand bergeron heinen
debrusk krejci bjork
donato frederic pastrnak

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
i've never liked krejci and pastrnak together. it's unfortunate that they can't run something like:
marchand bergeron heinen
debrusk krejci bjork
donato frederic pastrnak

Why?

Also Pasta on the 3rd line would warrant 100% of the attention from other teams, thus neutralizing him.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
Why?

Also Pasta on the 3rd line would warrant 100% of the attention from other teams, thus neutralizing him.
i guess my philosophy is in opposition to yours. i deeply believe in distributing high end talent throughout a lineup and spot picking with each line. there doesn't exist a team that can match up well with a team that has 3 forward lines capable of making the puck move in the right direction consistently. this is why the juggernaut bruins of last season got absolutely deconstructed by the lightning, who had exactly that. they had at least one player on every line capable of individually making the wheels turn.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
i guess my philosophy is in opposition to yours. i deeply believe in distributing high end talent throughout a lineup and spot picking with each line. there doesn't exist a team that can match up well with a team that has 3 forward lines capable of making the puck move in the right direction consistently. this is why the juggernaut bruins of last season got absolutely deconstructed by the lightning, who had exactly that. they had at least one player on every line capable of individually making the wheels turn.

Again if Pasta is on the 3rd line and I'm an opposing coach, I'm putting 100% of the focus on him. I'm going to force (in your situation) and pair of rookies to beat me.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
Again if Pasta is on the 3rd line and I'm an opposing coach, I'm putting 100% of the focus on him. I'm going to force (in your situation) and pair of rookies to beat me.
if i were the coach deploying my strategy i would pray that absolutely every coach would deploy yours, then. that's really the point. who is left to play against pastrnak at that point and what does that focus open up for others.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
if i were the coach deploying my strategy and would pray that absolutely every coach would deploy yours, then.

LOL I'd gladly take my chances vs a pair of rookies while neutralizing the NHL's 9th best scoring RW over the last 3 years. Not only that, but think about that line going the other way. Frederic would be their best defensive player on the line and he'd be tasked with being the defensive anchor. While his defense is advanced for his age, playing Center in the NHL is a whole different animal. Pasta's defense has improved over the years, but he's still a below average defender. Then you'll have Donato on the LW who was benched for the playoffs because he struggled with defensive coverage.

Teams would not hesitate to send out their best units to take advantage of that trio up front and pin them in their own zone.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I went with other. I want Chris Stewart on that line to add some much-needed muscle up front.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
LOL I'd gladly take my chances vs a pair of rookies while neutralizing the NHL's 9th best scoring RW over the last 3 years. Not only that, but think about that line going the other way. Frederic would be their best defensive player on the line and he'd be tasked with being the defensive anchor. While his defense is advanced for his age, playing Center in the NHL is a whole different animal. Pasta's defense has improved over the years, but he's still a below average defender. Then you'll have Donato on the LW who was benched for the playoffs because he struggled with defensive coverage.

Teams would not hesitate to send out their best units to take advantage of that trio up front and pin them in their own zone.

I can see why each of you have the opinions that you do but personally there is no way I would play Pasta 3rd line minutes, it's as simple as that. Now if they were going to put him on the 3rd line wouldn't tt make much more sense if Heinen is the LW?

This is not my preferred lineup but if Pasta is on the 3rd line, this is one way I would feel a little better about the lineup

Marchand-Bergeron-Donato
DeBrusk-Krejci-Bjork
Heinen-Frederick-Pastrnak

I get the feeling that Cassidy is going to play Backes on the 3rd line, it's really too bad that Backes doesn't play center anymore, I do think Backes on the 4th line would be very interesting though. The game's speed now almost pushes Backes out of the lineup but he is actually a very good player who can get by with his brain and physicality and experience. If someone can actually earn the spot and push Backes to the 4th line I really like the team's chances. Whoever the 3rd line center is would have to come in and play like a veteran player I think otherwise we could see Backes and Heinen as 3rd line wings to babysit a rookie center and if that happens I think the lineup might look like this and from the article it seems that Cassidy has at least thought about this lineup:

Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork
DeBrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak
Heinen-Frederick/JFK/Studnicka-Backes
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

That leaves Donato to fill in at any forward position needed.

What I want to see tried would be this

Marchand-Bergeron-Donato
DeBrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak
Heinen-Frederick-Bjork
Kuraly-Wagner-Backes

that kind of gives them two 1st lines and two 3rd lines from the looks of it but who knows, they might not work well together. Last year I didn't think Krejci and Pasta played that well together and then after the season when they both played for their national team, they were dominant together.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
You’d put a 12/13th forward on the 2nd line?
He averages over 40 points per 82 games. How many 12/13 forwards do that?

He's a power forward and a RW he would add the much-needed muscle to the soft forward group. He's not even a fourth liner. The guy is just 30 and is sitting there waiting for the phone to ring. I'm surprised I'm the only person interested in at least bringing him in for a look.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Stewart is really slow and is known for having attitude issues. There's probably a reason it's late August and he still doesn't have a contract.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
He averages over 40 points per 82 games. How many 12/13 forwards do that?

He's a power forward and a RW he would add the much-needed muscle to the soft forward group. He's not even a fourth liner. The guy is just 30 and is sitting there waiting for the phone to ring. I'm surprised I'm the only person interested in at least bringing him in for a look.

He had some solid years early in his career. He's been on a decline for about 4 years now. Stewart isn't a Top 6 player anymore. He's been used as a 12th/13th forward lately. He was a healthy scratch twenty six times last season for Minnesota/Calgary. He hasn't produced at a 0.50+ PPG pace since 2014-2015. You say he'd add much needed muscle? He had 48 hits in 54 games played last season. That's not even a Hit/Gm. But yeah, he'll drop the gloves a few times.....

Stewart is the epitome of an inconsistent player. The problem is he's not as good as he used to be, so it's even worse now. He's not a better option for the top 6 than any player the Bruins don't already have. He's basically an upgrade on Acciari for the bottom 6. So sure, bring him in on a PTO or something, but there's a reason he's a free agent in the middle of August. I'm sure there are some Bruins fans who would want Stewart, but the same fans probably still think he's the player he used to be.

Reactions: GlenFeatherstone

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
He had some solid years early in his career. He's been on a decline for about 4 years now. Stewart isn't a Top 6 player anymore. He's been used as a 12th/13th forward lately. He was a healthy scratch twenty six times last season for Minnesota/Calgary. He hasn't produced at a 0.50+ PPG pace since 2014-2015. You say he'd add much needed muscle? He had 48 hits in 54 games played last season. That's not even a Hit/Gm. But yeah, he'll drop the gloves a few times.....

Stewart is the epitome of an inconsistent player. The problem is he's not as good as he used to be, so it's even worse now. He's not a better option for the top 6 than any player the Bruins don't already have. He's basically an upgrade on Acciari for the bottom 6. So sure, bring him in on a PTO or something, but there's a reason he's a free agent in the middle of August. I'm sure there are some Bruins fans who would want Stewart, but the same fans probably still think he's the player he used to be.
He scored 10 goals last year in just 53 games. Just two less than Schaller who, for some strange reason, played every game. The same number as Acciari and four more than Kuraly. Yeah, you're right, there's just no place for him here. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad