Who is your favorite for #2 RW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
So Pastrnak is blowing the field away in the 63-37-??? poll. I am operating under the assumption that DeBrusk is locked in at #2LW.

On the right wing we are narrowed down to three obvious choices (lets punt on Nash deciding to come back for now)....Donato, Bjork and Heinen.

All three are on their offwing. Donato is likely the best pure scorer. Bjork the fastest. And Heinen plays a smart game that could mesh well with Krejci.

The next poll is going to be #3C...so keep that in mind when thinking about Donato and Heinen (both of whom SHOULD be at wing...but...).

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Assuming that our first poll is what happens, here is my guess:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Donato
Heinen-JFK/Frederic/Stud-Backes
The Rest

I know Bjork looked great last season while healthy, but I think he was a bit overmatched and could use some AHL time and some time to get a little bit stronger (big assumption is that he wasn't able to work out to full extent this offseason due to recovery). Donato looked good with Krejci and I like the mix of physical and scoring on that line.

Now the 3rd line is tricky. IF one of the kids make that 3rd line C I would prefer Heinen as the winger as he is a smart two-way player, and Backes would be another two-way/physical presence on that line. In my mind gives them two guys whose smart play will make up for rookie msitakes.

If the Bruins decide that they either want Kuraly or Backes at 3rd line C, I put Heinen on the 2nd line RW and bring Donato as the other winger on the 3rd line to get some scoring depth.

Tons of options for Cassidy and lots of time to decide, but I don't envy him having to make these decisions right now.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Donato. Him playing the off-wing isn't ideal, but I remember that line gelling well with Krejci and DeBrusk for that brief period of time.

Reactions: FanSince72

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I think Heinen should be the frontrunner, but give Donato a fair shake to win the job in camp.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I can't wait til we get to transition from people kvetching about projected lineups to people kvetching about the actual lineups used in real live games. That means we'll have real live games!
Less than three weeks until training camp :D

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I can't wait til we get to transition from people kvetching about projected lineups to people kvetching about the actual lineups used in real live games. That means we'll have real live games!

Yep.

We know the combinations will change game to game, and even within the games.

Guys will get hot.
Guys will get injured.

These are the true dog days of hockey’s offseason.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Chose "Other" for Pastrnak. Based on the interview with Cassidy, it certainly sounds like they are going to try Pastrnak with Krejci to start, with the 63-37-88 line in their back pocket if they need it.

I'm all for it. This team has a much higher ceiling if they can spread out the scoring.

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
rick nash
i think if he is healthy and can get a full camp under his belt the second line can be very good
Thats of course if he plays and bruins sign him

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
The question I have is why is DeBrusk locked with Krejci. It's not like they had just unbelievable chemistry together and need to be glued to each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: wintersej

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Chose Heinen, but that's because that's what I WANT to see.

I really think it's Pasta, and i'm not mad about that. Bergy and Marchy will produce no matter what. Krejci needs help, like it or not, and Debrusk adds strong insurance to that line. Pasta will benefit from Debrusk going into the corners and getting him the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad