GDT: Debils @ Caps - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
So much wrong with this.

There is an ongoing, serious problem with protecting the puck and getting it out of our own zone. Not sure if it's lack of structure, panic, or carelessness.

I don't like seeing Schultz carrying the puck deep and taking bad angle shots. Rebounds or misses on those plays will almost always go wide, if not all the way to the opposite point, and lead to quick breakouts the other direction, especially if the forwards haven't had time to cover.

I'm also tired of seeing our players whacking randomly at the puck high in our offensive zone. If you don't have a legit pass and you can get a stick on it GET IT DEEP. Hacking at it in that position only creates easy turnovers and chances for an odd-man rush.

Mojo is doing hockey-related things out there but not much else. Too many turnovers and just meaningless maneuvers. Never just stand there at your own blueline waiting for someone to come and strip the puck. At least step over the line so they have to clear the zone.

And for the love of f*** sometimes you need to take the shot on the 2 on 1. The other guy might still have a chance at the rebound.

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
Does it make me a bad fan that at times I wish they wouldn’t make the playoffs this year so they could get a higher draft pick and possibly not get embarrassed? I’ve never felt that way before but I just see so many issues with the way they execute this system.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
This game is about as sloppy as they come.

Top-6 Johansson... Christ, give me strength.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Does it make me a bad fan that at times I wish they wouldn’t make the playoffs this year so they could get a higher draft pick and possibly not get embarrassed? I’ve never felt that way before but I just see so many issues with the way they execute this system.

It doesn't make you a bad fan but we're basically guaranteed to make the playoffs already

Reactions: SecretaryofDefense5

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
If Mikey was as bad at finishing as he’s made out to be, he woulda missed that. It wasn’t easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad