Dear Michel Therrien,

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
In light of the fact that we just scooped up Thomas Vanek for next to nothing, do you think that maybe you could reconsider the ridiculous grinding system that you have implemented right now? You seemed to have found success with a more offensive puck possession system last year. The team was scoring, we were outplaying the opposition most of the time and the offense was coming from more than one line.

Vanek's not really a grinding player and we're not really a grinding team. This roster is better than its shown itself to be and quite frankly has no business being near the bottom of the league in goals for. If we're lucky and Vanek enjoys himself here, we might be able to re-sign this guy.

This team CAN score if we go back to the way we were playing last season. I hope you give due consideration to bringing back the previous system. It would be nice to see that kind of hockey again and it would be nice to see Vanek come back next year.

Please, just give it a try.

Your biggest fan,

Lafleurs Guy

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
One thing. This is the most excited I've been about the team entering the post season since 07-08. Don't screw it up MT.

Forwards are about as balanced as they can be without a legit star like Kane, Crosby, Malkin. Maybe the D can be a little better, but you have one of the best goaltenders in the world.

A team with Subban, Vanek, Plekanec, Markov, Pacioretty, Price supported by Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Gorges, Gionta, DD and Eller should do some damage.

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
Do you want Therrien to cheer along with the fans when they chant his name, too?

VANEK VANEK VANEK!!!

:facepalm:

LeMAD

Mar 1, 2006
Montreal
lemad.freehostia.com
Therien's system is actually pretty offensively minded. More than most teams.

And it seems to be working since both our forwards and dmen are below average imo, and we're 3rd in the east.

TheRooster

Dec 31, 2013
Montreal
I loved the system MT played last year. The Habs were efficient, scored quite easily at times, and moved as a unit.

This year, just no.

Winter Eclipse

Nov 28, 2013
New York, NY
Therien's system is actually pretty offensively minded. More than most teams.

And it seems to be working since both our forwards and dmen are below average imo, and we're 3rd in the east.

Just so I'm clear, you're evaluating our system as an offensive one because of our position in the standings, and not by looking at our 5-on-5 GF (27th) or overall GF (20th)?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Just so I'm clear, you're evaluating our system as an offensive one because of our position in the standings, and not by looking at our 5-on-5 GF (27th) or overall GF (20th)?
Don't forget the PP which was absolutely rocking for the first month or so and then froze over...

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
With any luck Therrien will treat Vanek like he's David Desharnais and he'll re-sign quite happily.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Dear Michel,

Remember when you would brown-nose "Sidney" in all your interviews? That's what we want to see with Vanek.

Sincerely,

The City of Montreal.

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
Dear Michou,

I know that you have no idea on what is going on right now, but please do an effort and don't **** this up.

Thank you.

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
they should play vanek with pacs and dd. maybe he can do what cole did except better

That would be a horrible mistake.
You have aline that is firing on all cylinders and you want to dismantle it and put all your eggs in one basket?

Vanek allows Montreal to have Three Scoring lines.
Moving Gionta off that second line to third

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Don't worry Guys

Worst case scenario, Therrien forces Vanek into his grinding system, the result of which causes Vanek to bail at the first green light. Bergevin refuses to give Subban more money than Doughty, and he jumps ship as well, holding hands with Markov on the way out. Then Bergevin resigns Weaver and Gionta to replace them on a multi-year contract and later comes out smiling in the press conference.

But.. who are we kidding, that will never happen :sarcasm:

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
ah the need to ''#fire''

now that haters can't say a word about bergevin (for how long?), MT will get it so bad hehe . typical monkey behavior.

we are in a negative reactionary thread to ...success, believe it or not.

Dear MT, now that you finally have 2 great first line wingers : enjoy!

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
As much as I'm excited about Vanek, let's not forget how bad is this coach... This idiot could screw everything, I mean who choses Parros or Bourque over Eller ? In a dream world, we extend Vanek and Babcock decides to come here...

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
^He once had two of the best players of the World in his team.. and was fired (though he did manage to get to the Finals)!

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
We will how this unfolds.
Vanek was a top-3 for the last 10 years.

Now he needs to produce to be a top-3.
Clearly a top-6 but he is behind Patches in my mind.

So either he plays on the right with Patches-DD (unlikely) or he plays with Plek and Gionta.

This is the first time that Vanek is not top-3...

Jamie Thomas

Apr 4, 2003
Dear Michou

I wish we had a better coach than you going into the playoffs. Too bas we are stuck with you.

P.S. Now that you have Vanek, is it possible to start a PP with another line? Your fetish line is not doing the job there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad