Confirmed with Link: DeAngelo suspended 3 games

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm glad he got parked.

I tend not to give much quarter for players with 10-cent heads, no matter how talented, and DeAngelo is about a nickel shy of that, it seems.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
The call was pretty petty but it indicates a disrespect to the official. Hopefully it is a wake up call for DeAngelo and he cleans up his act a little more because he is one of our best players. But it does show he has some drive.

Exactly. The NHL knows it was petty, but also sees what this kid can bring, it's a means to rein him in and allow him to grow.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
It is a suspension by rule, if McDavid or Crosby did it, do they get 3 games? Likely not. But it's a learning experience for Tony and hopefully he thinks twice in the future (hopefully when games DO matter.)

To your earlier point, Deangelo shows a pulse. Treats every shift like it's his last in the NHL. How many Coyotes have been better than Deangelo this year?

Just minutes earlier in the game, Louie was run over while Hanzal and Stone stood by idly....give me the player with passion. Ship the other guys out.

On your first paragraph, we agree.

I did not make the earlier point as you claim.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Not technically incorrect, so I won't defend DeAngelo. It could have been worse. Maybe he'll learn a lesson from this. If not, he'll become Steve Downie 2.0.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Connauton recalled, so much for a glimpse at the future.....

Connauton outplayed Wood in both games this weekend, he was really impressive. Wood got run by San Antonio a couple times and looked tentative, not good timing for an audition opportunity.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Leave Wood down there. Get them all away from this coach and his sub.300 record while having zero tolerance for rebuilding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad