Value of: DeAngelo for a top 4 LHD

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
One, the Rangers have zero need to add any defenseman. Their system is freakin loaded with them. Two, Virtanen sucks. I mean, is Buffalo ever gonna win or just waste Eichel's entire career. I'm thinking DeAngelo, Fast and Andersson for Cozen's and a 2021 first. Buffalo needs to do something now.

Wow, Another RHD is exacatly what Buffalo needs… They got like 5 billions atm and 2 spare parts that is not needed..
Buffalo needs better forwards..

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I think the RD/LD stuff is overrated and the RHD is tougher to come by. In any event the moves will be determined by expansion draft needs.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Zadorov is the player you want. Big, tough and young. He’s also a good skater with a decent shot. Expansion Draft could leave him exposed. Willing to trade and retain, but not for another DMan. AVs are loaded already in that position.

Offer some prospect Wingers and/or DeAngelo to flip and there might have a deal.
I've posted about Zadorov being the guy for the Rangers before, I have zero interest in trading DeAngelo and would rather move Trouba when the time comes, or Fox. I think DeAngelo is our best defenseman. Who do the Rangers have that you'd be interested in in exchange for Zadorov?
If Colorado's trying to go all in, I know you guys were interested in Kreider at the draft.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Having a lot of young left handed defensemen doesn’t equal top four NHL D. Skjei is 25 years old. This is close to as good as he’s going to get. He is what he is. Hajek looks out of place in the NHL, Lindgren has played well, but he’s one player and he’s not some huge potential LHD that can carry the left side.

The Rangers need talent and talent quickly on that left side. We can’t even start discussing contending for a playoff spot until that left side is fixed. If you are waiting for prospects who’ve not played in the NHL, you are talking 2-3 years at earliest, and it might not happen with this group of players. These aren’t exactly prodigies. If I can get a similar caliber player in exchange for DeAngelo on a cheap contract, I’m taking it and I’ll even throw in a few prospects to make the contract cheap. That is not accelerating a rebuild to try to acquire players that can help us contend in a few years.

I think the RD/LD stuff is overrated and the RHD is tougher to come by. In any event the moves will be determined by expansion draft needs.

3 NYR will protect = Trouba, and b'c of elcs, Hajek ]who has not looked lost] and Lindgren.
DeAngelo MUST be traded tho it does not have to be immediately.
We do not need LD.

Ideal would be Chytil and DeA +++ for Seider + DET 2020 1st +
b'c that = futures expansion exempt

DeA won't go coke for pepsi.
He will get commensurate premium recognizing he has arrived, is rfa, and is a righty. Will not get ridiculous overpayment.
He will likely get best return in a package.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
3 NYR will protect = Trouba, and b'c of elcs, Hajek ]who has not looked lost] and Lindgren.
DeAngelo MUST be traded tho it does not have to be immediately.
We do not need LD.

Ideal would be Chytil and DeA +++ for Seider + DET 2020 1st +
b'c that = futures expansion exempt

DeA won't go coke for pepsi.
He will get commensurate premium recognizing he has arrived, is rfa, and is a righty. Will not get ridiculous overpayment.
He will likely get best return in a package.
Sometimes I wonder about you.
Why on earth would we be looking to move Chytil? With ADA? For a 1st and a guy who has not played 30 seconds of NHL hockey? How about instead of talking coke v Pepsi, we stop going 2 steps forward and trying to trade it for 3 steps backwards.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Why on earth would we be looking to move Chytil? With ADA? For a 1st and a guy who has not played 30 seconds of NHL hockey? How about instead of talking coke v Pepsi, we stop going 2 steps forward and trying to trade it for 3 steps backwards.

It is about leveraged risk, and realizing you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet.
Ideally I would not trade DeA unless it was too much to refuse. But as I said, cap reality, exp draft CAN NOT BE IGNORED.

We match up well w/DET. They need guys, we have excess to shed to get down to a core we maintain in adv of the exp dr
The ? is pieces and currency.

Consider:
Chytil .894,166 x 2 rfa, Deangelo .925 x 1 rfa, Skjei 5.25 x 5 ufa, Andersson .894,166 x 2 rfa, Rykov .925* elc slide expiring, + rights to unsigned G Olof Lindbom [2nd round pick 39OA]. = effective cap hit 7.963,332
* Rykov on season opening injured reserve, his cap hit not immediate?
for
2019 1st = 0, Seider .925 x 3 elc, Athanasiou 3m exp rfa, Howard 4m exp ufa = cap hit 7.925

That is a lot to give up on both sides.
But there is also potential clear win for both sides.

Chytil is not really surplus like Buch/Strome, who I deal separately in other move.

But in package for Seider who is exp exempt and early pick, he can go and we can rely on any of several combinations of Kravtsov, Zib, Boo, Howden, McKegg immediately and Morgan Barron and others not far behind.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
That's an insane proposal. Why does DET do that? They are rebuilding and that 1st could be a franchise player.

Yes, that 1st COULD BE a franchise guy, he might even be generational. We may reasonably expect that he could do a Kakko and start directly w/Wings, but more likely he will require at least a yr min seasoning.

And we don't know for sure. Chytil is growing by the day. Could he be another Schieffele --- down the road? He could be the best player in this deal. Or it could be Seider. Is he Hedman? Hedman lite? Better? Again don't know.

But what we do know is this deal sheds excess for NY prepping for exp draft while DET gets immediate help in both quantity and quality to greatly advance the return to competitive level of play.

IF Wings can be 111% certain, CERTAIN Seider and that pick are elite if not generational, then it may make sense to ask if you wanna go thru all that pain of waiting. But look at Zadina - 6OA and he is just cracking this lineup. May someday be an all star, but is he a can't miss bet?

And if that's true, why do Rangers go there?
b'c it is partly about risk taking and partly about asset mgmt.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016

Sometimes?

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I've posted about Zadorov being the guy for the Rangers before, I have zero interest in trading DeAngelo and would rather move Trouba when the time comes, or Fox. I think DeAngelo is our best defenseman. Who do the Rangers have that you'd be interested in in exchange for Zadorov?
If Colorado's trying to go all in, I know you guys were interested in Kreider at the draft.

AVs and NYR are good trading partners. They have no interest in DeAngelo and can retain on Zadorov to make this work. Combination of player + prospect could make this work.

AVs wanted Kreider, but the surprising strong play of Burakovsky doubtful they’re still interested unless to be on the 3rd line. This also eliminates his interest in extending.

Maybe a package of

Lemieux + Robertson

for

Zadorov (50% retention)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
AVs and NYR are good trading partners. They have no interest in DeAngelo and can retain on Zadorov to make this work. Combination of player + prospect could make this work.

AVs wanted Kreider, but the surprising strong play of Burakovsky doubtful they’re still interested unless to be on the 3rd line. This also eliminates his interest in extending.

Maybe a package of

Lemieux + Robertson

for

Zadorov (50% retention)

I have no issue giving up Robertson, and I don’t even question the value. The problem becomes giving up Lemieux with Kreider on his way out. We can’t lose our only other power forward, as well. I’d rather give up Andersson or Howden, if you want a forward.

The other problem is that Zadorov is going to want a bigger contract after this season. We need that to be a bargain with the recent contracts we’ve given out, so any trade would have to be for after this season once he signs with Colorado. Then you guys would retain on that contract, and we can add in extras in prospects to make it work, since we have a lot of defensive prospects. It does us no good for Colorado to retain on Zadorov for 1 year at 3.2.

Reactions: Patagonia

SML2

Jan 1, 2018

Maybe a package of

Lemieux + Robertson

for

Zadorov (50% retention)
18923_b5ad24749ba1b1113a9150473bb89f8a.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad