Value of: DeAngelo for a top 4 LHD

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rangers might not have room to give DeAngelo a big contract on our right side, and need left shots who can already play on the top pair or in the top four. I’d want a comparable player who shoots left. Don’t care what style, but needs to shoot left. Rangers could pay in prospects to get that player cheap, whether that’s an ELC or another team retaining.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
My 2 cents:

Please, rather bring back a stud wing w some size, (such as a Virtanen)

With Skjei, Lindgren. Hajek, now. and Rykov, Robertson, Tarmo, Miller and others in the queue,
if Tony D goes, fill a role with pressing need.
And please dont make any deal with this season in mind, or even next,
'01-02 is when the stakes get serious

Reactions: bernmeister

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Keane is doing well in the AHL so he may be able to replace DeAngelo eventually. With that said its kinda nice having Trouba, Fox, DeAngelo on RD and no rush on Keane.

LD has Skjei struggling then 2 more kids Hajek and Lindgren but I like what I see out of them so far especially Lindgren.

Reactions: haveandare

Jun 15, 2007
Interesting.

Capitals have a ton of hotshot LHD prospects. But we are quite thin on RD.

The only problem is we are so capstrapped so the value of AA and MF on ELCs is too good for us to trade for DeAngelo who will want a big contract.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
My 2 cents:

With Skjei, Lindgren. Hajek, now. and Rykov, Robertson, Tarmo, Miller and others in the queue,

One, the Rangers have zero need to add any defenseman. Their system is freakin loaded with them. Two, Virtanen sucks. I mean, is Buffalo ever gonna win or just waste Eichel's entire career. I'm thinking DeAngelo, Fast and Andersson for Cozen's and a 2021 first. Buffalo needs to do something now.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Keane is doing well in the AHL so he may be able to replace DeAngelo eventually. With that said its kinda nice having Trouba, Fox, DeAngelo on RD and no rush on Keane.

LD has Skjei struggling then 2 more kids Hajek and Lindgren but I like what I see out of them so far especially Lindgren.

Learn your teams own system. Lundkvist is dominating against men. He will replace DeAngelo.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
My 2 cents:

Having a lot of young left handed defensemen doesn’t equal top four NHL D. Skjei is 25 years old. This is close to as good as he’s going to get. He is what he is. Hajek looks out of place in the NHL, Lindgren has played well, but he’s one player and he’s not some huge potential LHD that can carry the left side.

The Rangers need talent and talent quickly on that left side. We can’t even start discussing contending for a playoff spot until that left side is fixed. If you are waiting for prospects who’ve not played in the NHL, you are talking 2-3 years at earliest, and it might not happen with this group of players. These aren’t exactly prodigies. If I can get a similar caliber player in exchange for DeAngelo on a cheap contract, I’m taking it and I’ll even throw in a few prospects to make the contract cheap. That is not accelerating a rebuild to try to acquire players that can help us contend in a few years.

Reactions: ETTER DE

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Interesting.

Capitals have a ton of hotshot LHD prospects. But we are quite thin on RD.

The only problem is we are so capstrapped so the value of AA and MF on ELCs is too good for us to trade for DeAngelo who will want a big contract.

We don’t need prospects. We need NHL’ers. We have the best prospect pool in the league.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Jack Johnson and a signed stick from Letang made out to Tony.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
One, the Rangers have zero need to add any defenseman. Their system is freakin loaded with them. Two, Virtanen sucks. I mean, is Buffalo ever gonna win or just waste Eichel's entire career. I'm thinking DeAngelo, Fast and Andersson for Cozen's and a 2021 first. Buffalo needs to do something now.

You're not thinking; you're dreaming here....

Reactions: CupInSIX

gianni

Apr 8, 2014

It's still early to say that for a developing power forward: Jake Virtanen is on pace for 19 or 20 goals this season. Tom Wilson didn't thrive until he was 24/25yo, and it took Josh Anderson until 23/24yo to develop. Personally, I'd give him this season & next before saying whether he sucks for a #6 pick; if he can become a player of Wilson/Anderson ilk, then taking him 6OA would've been worth it. If not, he's a good 3rd liner, but obviously not what you'd want for such a high pick.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Zadorov is the player you want. Big, tough and young. He’s also a good skater with a decent shot. Expansion Draft could leave him exposed. Willing to trade and retain, but not for another DMan. AVs are loaded already in that position.

Offer some prospect Wingers and/or DeAngelo to flip and there might have a deal.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad