Value of: Deangelo, auction style

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
How good is DeAngelo really? Is he any better than Gustafsson who put up 60 on a defensively irresponsible team last year? I really don't think DeAngelo is proven enough to pay him big money with term and teams should be very weary to pay up in a trade for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: mm11 and Spazkat

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
No need to worry about the expansion draft.
Work out a prearranged trade to protect the players you want

I concede your suggestion has both logic and some precedent.

What I ask you to acknowledge, however is counterlogic reality on this one.

If you make your own moves now to get ahead of the curve, it is far more likely to cost less than the alternative.
If we wait, the clock starts to work against us, more people who are ignoring the exp drft now will be forced to react to it, and aware of our as yet unresolved situation, will rightfully extort a fee to consider our interests in prevailing competition vs theirs.

You are also assuming Seattle will play ball, or work close to precedent. Emboldened by NHL desire to repeat LVGK getting out of the gate quickly, I can see the prices for what you suggest going up -- way up.

So I say.
Let's leave butkis for Seattle.

Admit we need to repurpose Skjei's cap, sell high on Dea, and a few other moves, and make a good deal sooner than later without waiting to the last effin moment to squeeze every asset nickel out of every asset dollar.

The excess vets on the squad are counterproductive to getting down to a core, and other than FINALLY Namest, we have been foot dragging in that regard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad