Value of: Deangelo, auction style

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Title says it all.
NY prefers not to put cap $ there, guy is actual righty shot RD, will get paid even tho still some rfa.
Has emerging prospects at RD.
Thin on quality LD prospects [K'Andre Miller looks good but projects 2 yrs away min, have couple of others in the pipeline but unclear they make it or bust at this pt].

Mostly looking at picks and prospects, pref better ones who are exp drft exempt.

What is your offer...

-- let's see if we can get a ballpark consensus on what he is worth standalone.
we can then use that to see if a package makes more sense.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Never actually watched it him with care, 40pts in 50games RHD, 24 year old.. why the rangers would trade that? Obvious defiencies?

Ledge And Dairy

Never actually watched it him with care, 40pts in 50games RHD, 24 year old.. why the rangers would trade that? Obvious defiencies?
The development of Adam Fox (who refuses to play anywhere else), the addition of Trouba long term(who is their only RD over 6ft, and has a solid 200 ft game), as well as other promising prospects like K'Andre Miller and Nils Lundqvist coming up soon. DeAngelo's value is at an all time high right now and appears to be the odd man out

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Title says it all.
NY prefers not to put cap $ there, guy is actual righty shot RD, will get paid even tho still some rfa.
Has emerging prospects at RD.
Thin on quality LD prospects [K'Andre Miller looks good but projects 2 yrs away min, have couple of others in the pipeline but unclear they make it or bust at this pt].

Mostly looking at picks and prospects, pref better ones who are exp drft exempt.

What is your offer...

-- let's see if we can get a ballpark consensus on what he is worth standalone.
we can then use that to see if a package makes more sense.

Is this a reserved or unreserved Auction?

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

I wouldn't move him myself, but an argument can be made that from an asset perspective, we look to be in great position from the RHD spot with Trouba, Fox and eventually Nils Lundkvist.

Using ADA as bait can sure up other areas of need.

I 1000% disagree that picks or prospects would be the target here. For a young player like this, you need to get a top 6 LW that is similar in age and ability back.

There are some Rangers fans that have major wood for Tuch.

His season concerns me. Less than .5 pts per game. On pace for less than 30 points. That's a red flag for me

Was his 52 point season the outlier?

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

like I said, they have emerging Ds, need to get ahead of the cap, and repurpose his value into other assets.
No negatives on Dea, just that his rfa will go up from .9+ to at least 5 x that, which is still okay for what he produces.

We can do other workarounds and keep him at that price, and deal someone else or deal him with term.

But if enuf on the table, makes sense to move him now.

The development of Adam Fox (who refuses to play anywhere else), the addition of Trouba long term(who is their only RD over 6ft, and has a solid 200 ft game), as well as other promising prospects like K'Andre Miller and Nils Lundqvist coming up soon. DeAngelo's value is at an all time high right now and appears to be the odd man out

makes sense to sell high and that would be the case here

Is this a reserved or unreserved Auction?

the one where if an acceptable min offer is not made, the item is pulled back.

Last edited by a moderator:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I wouldn't move him myself, but an argument can be made that from an asset perspective, we look to be in great position from the RHD spot with Trouba, Fox and eventually Nils Lundkvist.

I 1000% disagree that picks or prospects would be the target here. For a young player like this, you need to get a top 6 LW that is similar in age and ability back.

His season concerns me. Less than .5 pts per game. On pace for less than 30 points. That's a red flag for me

this thread intended to have open minded comparison of multiple possibilities.

We have an exp draft upcoming which could require protection on an established asset. Moving Deangelo is an opportunity to get something exempt.

However, your point is well taken.
The correct established asset may be well worth taking on higher salary or requirement to protect, etc.

Going down your road of an established asset, who are your targets...

This seems like something to revisit in the offseason.

except he has immediate production value now, which is of worth to a suitor

Last edited by a moderator:

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
I'm trying to put a realistic value on ADA. If NYR was looking for picks/prospects......I think the value on a 24yr old RFA offensive RHD who is likely to break 60pts this season is 2 1st's or a 1st and an A prospect. For current NHL talent...... I want either a young 23/24 top 3 winger or top 6 C in return.

Overall, I'd rather NYR resign him and he plays the off hand side.

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
I'm trying to put a realistic value on ADA. If NYR was looking for picks/prospects......I think the value on a 24yr old RFA offensive RHD who is likely to break 60pts this season is 2 1st's or a 1st and an A prospect. For current NHL talent...... I want either a young 23/24 top 3 winger or top 6 C in return.

Overall, I'd rather NYR resign him and he plays the off hand side.
I agree, try ADA or Fox on the Left side

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
This seems like something to revisit in the offseason.
Exactly this. I feel confident saying he's 100% not being moved before the off-season. Our organization will re-evaluate our defense during the off-season.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

I think Fox, being the more well rounded defender, should be given the shot at LD.

In fact, I'd make him ADA's partner.

Gifted enough offensively to not slow ADA down, defensively responsible enough to cover for any risky plays made by his partner. High enough Hockey IQ to know where to be and what to do in any situation.

Reactions: slg1963

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
So people know who Anthony Deangelo is?

Kylington and a 2nd lol flames fans in back to back threads clueless.

Lassi Thomson + ottawas highest 2nd 2020 and a 3rd 2021 + guennette

While I get that Deangelo is good I don't think Ottawa does that, not that we couldn't use him because we could, but his past attitude issues would probably drive Dorion away after him specifically wanting a good locker room culture.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015

Tuch is buried behind Stone and Marchessault.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
2nd + Kylington?

shoe on the other foot, is that enuf?

So people know who Anthony Deangelo is?
Kylington and a 2nd lol flames fans in back to back threads clueless.
Lassi Thomson + ottawas highest 2nd 2020 and a 3rd 2021 + guennette

not clear there is enough LD depth short term if Kylington is moved, but assume he can be sacrificed for RD...

NY would want to get and get 2020 CGY 1st
pls take a stab at it

short term this is sensible and not a prob
but
long term
who are we gonna be forced to protect in exp drf?

Trouba and....

I believe Fox and Rykov are exempt but not Lindgren nor Hajek.
So we must move Skjei
We should sell Dea at highest value, which might be this year NOW while a team that could use him now would pay more.

Prefer an exp exempt asset(s), but let's see what returns are...

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
not clear there is enough LD depth short term if Kylington is moved, but assume he can be sacrificed for RD...

NY would want to get and get 2020 CGY 1st
pls take a stab at it

short term this is sensible and not a prob
but
long term
who are we gonna be forced to protect in exp drf?

Trouba and....

I believe Fox and Rykov are exempt but not Lindgren nor Hajek.
So we must move Skjei
We should sell Dea at highest value, which might be this year NOW while a team that could use him now would pay more.

Prefer an exp exempt asset(s), but let's see what returns are...

No need to worry about the expansion draft.

Work out a prearranged trade to protect the players you want

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad