Recalled/Assigned: DeAngelo and Gaudet recalled from Tucson

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Needs to get Stronger. Needs to get Faster. Needs to be better at being more engaged.

Basically he just needs to grow up, it's hard to play Center at the NHL level, especially for Tippet who expects quite a bit from his centers.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
The corpses of Belanger and Langkow in the top six instead of Turris..
Bolduc, Halpern
I can probably come up with more if I look back on more of the time I've tried to forget.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Bolduc, Halpern
I can probably come up with more if I look back on more of the time I've tried to forget.

I had almost forgot Belanger's name completely. Thanks for reminding me. :sarcasm:

I was a STH at that time watching them rarely playing in the offensive zone where my great seats were 3 rows up at the faceoff circle on the side we shoot twice when he was the #1 center. UGH!

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
The **** is wrong with Dauphin? He's been excellent.

Anyway, DeAngelo has been the best player on the ice the last 3 games, in my opinion.

Dauphin is just a banger. He will be called up when we need a 3rd or 4th line center. He's been excellent in a role that is more easily filled than a top 6 center.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Well, I'll be contrarian because, well, you know... He's been much better than I expected, actually. If we deal Stone, I imagine he's over 50% to stay. Otherwise, I think he's more likely to go back down if we continue losing. Just a hunch. Still, I'm impressed so far. He's looking a lot more polished than I expected. I'm usually harder on young d than the forwards.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I admittedly knew very little of DeAngelo prior to and after the trade. He looks like he has a strong future. Plays bigger than his size. And seems to know the right time to pass vs holding on to the puck when it is on his stick.

I feel like his pairing with Goligoski has helped settle our defense down, too. Having good chemistry between each D pairing is huge, and something that we haven't seen around these parts in a while.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
He's not going down. You send down rookies so they can fix deficiencies or play significant minutes. DeAngelo has no glaring deficiencies and is playing significant minutes on the team. He stays.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I think announcing DeAngelo has no glaring deficiencies after a handful of games is about as conclusive as saying Turris showed nothing indicating he was ready for the 2c position playing limited minutes between Torres and O'Sullivan.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I think announcing DeAngelo has no glaring deficiencies after a handful of games is about as conclusive as saying Turris showed nothing indicating he was ready for the 2c position playing limited minutes between Torres and O'Sullivan.

adjective
giving out or reflecting a strong or dazzling light.
"the glaring sun"
synonyms: dazzling, blinding, blazing, strong, bright, harsh
"glaring lights"
highly obvious or conspicuous.
"there is a glaring omission in the above data

Hence my use of the word "glaring". It the deficiency is glaring it will be "highly obvious or conspicuous" in a handful of games.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
When there's a PMD not named OEL (and Yandle previously), it's news with this organization....even if it's only 6 games.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Bolduc, Halpern
Don't forget Langkow2.0 and those defensive stoppers Miele and Arcobello.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad