Recalled/Assigned: DeAngelo and Gaudet recalled from Tucson

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Anyone else against trading Hanzal at this point? It may be too late now. You can almost bet he'll be injured.

I feel for the guy, not his fault. Especially back injuries, but the window to get something worth while in return for him is closing fast.

On topic, very happy about DeAngelo coming up.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Anyone else against trading Hanzal at this point? It may be too late now. You can almost bet he'll be injured.

I feel for the guy, not his fault. Especially back injuries, but the window to get something worth while in return for him is closing fast.

Trade Hanzal at the TDL, sign Berglund in the offseason. If Doan retires and our RHS Wingers need some more time to cook, sign Oshie.

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ

You guys might be disappointed. I've watched the Roadrunners games. He makes lots of mistakes and tries to do too much with the puck. Perhaps he'll be better in NHL system. Wood has outplayed DeAngelo IMO though I'm sure they see him as PP option. Gaudet has looked pretty good though I view him as another Dauphin type player.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
You guys might be disappointed. I've watched the Roadrunners games. He makes lots of mistakes and tries to do too much with the puck. Perhaps he'll be better in NHL system. Wood has outplayed DeAngelo IMO though I'm sure they see him as PP option. Gaudet has looked pretty good though I view him as another Dauphin type player.

I'm guessing DeAngelo will be on a line with Goligoski (veteran) or Schenn (defensive player), but it will be interesting to see.

Gaudet will be on the 4th, so I'm hoping Crouse - Gaudet - White, but it may end up being Dauphin - Gaudet - White. Of course that's where he'll start; he may end up playing on some (or all) of the following combinations as well in tonight's game :) :
Domi - Gaudet - Vrbata
McGinn - Gaudet - Duclair
Martinook - Gaudet - Doan (my preference)

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
So....how much can we get for Stone?

Islanders look pretty desperate with Hamonic out. Oilers could use to upgrade their defense. If Trouba is a sign and trade you gotta think he would be a big piece. Penguins could stand to add him because he is only signed for a year.

We are in a very good spot with both Hanzal and Stone.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Islanders look pretty desperate with Hamonic out. Oilers could use to upgrade their defense. If Trouba is a sign and trade you gotta think he would be a big piece. Penguins could stand to add him because he is only signed for a year.

They both need to come back and play well. They are both damaged goods right now with Hanzal's constant injury history and Stone with the ACL tear. If they both play well from December 1st to early February, we will be a better team or have some good trade bait, or both. If they don't play well or remain injured off and on, we won't get much for either at the TDL.

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
Wouldn't mind hanging onto Stone, even if his performance this year falls off a bit due to injury. We can resign him for less and keep him as a 2nd or 3rd pairing RD.

OEL - Murphy
Gogo - DeAngelo
Chychrun - Stone

is a solid 6 for years to come with a lot of flexibility based on performance and injury. Not to mention we can easily afford it with Chychrun and DeAngelo on rookie contracts.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Wouldn't mind hanging onto Stone, even if his performance this year falls off a bit due to injury. We can resign him for less and keep him as a 2nd or 3rd pairing RD.

OEL - Murphy
Gogo - DeAngelo
Chychrun - Stone

is a solid 6 for years to come with a lot of flexibility based on performance and injury. Not to mention we can easily afford it with Chychrun and DeAngelo on rookie contracts.

If Murphy becomes a decent #2, Stone recovers from injury, Chychrun keeps improving, DeAgelo improves, I agree, could be a solid 6D.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I don't want to trade Stone. Good RD are hard to find.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I'm not going to listen to you anymore.:laugh: Overall AD was pretty damn good and Gaudet was pretty damn bad.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I'm not going to listen to you anymore.:laugh: Overall AD was pretty damn good and Gaudet was pretty damn bad.

Gaudet can't handle any passes cleanly at the pro level (either NHL or AHL), now, he skates great for a 6'3'' guy and clearly is able to bang, but he messed up at least 1/2 dozen neutral zone passes which would have led to some decent odd-man rushes in the AHL when I'm watching him.

DeAngelo when I watched him several times has been the best Dman on the Roadrunners. Granted, Wood has more pts, because Wood has a god-damn cannon for a shot and when he gets his skating just a few more clicks in the right direction, we won't need Stone anymore.

AHL Dman Ranking IMHO:
DeAngelo

Wood

Tinordi
McBain

way down the list:
Burlon
Mermis

Burlon falls constantly when pressure is applied and because of his stature, pressure is applied often. He was flat out the worst Dman I watched, however, I can see most nights Mermis is a turnover machine.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
That's disappointing to hear about Mermis. I liked what I saw of him in the rookie camps. Hopefully he just needs more time and development.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Look for Gaudet to end up in Calgary at some point. He was a Treliving discovery. I always liked his size, faceoffs, and overall fit as a bottom six/checking line C. In evolving NHL the willingness of teams to employ a big 4C with limited offensive upside is declining. I always hoped he could replace Hanzel as that big checking C but right now he's a 4C or bust and we have better puck possession options right now.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Extremely impressed with Chychrun, Crouse, and DeAngelo so far. All outperforming my expectations.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Look for Gaudet to end up in Calgary at some point. He was a Treliving discovery. I always liked his size, faceoffs, and overall fit as a bottom six/checking line C. In evolving NHL the willingness of teams to employ a big 4C with limited offensive upside is declining. I always hoped he could replace Hanzel as that big checking C but right now he's a 4C or bust and we have better puck possession options right now.

I agree.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I haven't watched the third period from last night but those three were slcetysinly standouts in the first two. As well as just in general this season.

And if you had your way Crouse and Chyckrun would be in junior.:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad