Deals and Steals 2

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Anybody seen an article on all the Canadian Black Friday deals yet? I know other years media outlets have published big lists of the upcoming sales.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Guess there's no chance the Switch is on sale in Canada eh? Think it'd have a sale on Boxing Day?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Guess there's no chance the Switch is on sale in Canada eh? Think it'd have a sale on Boxing Day?

I doubt it. I think the Wii U may have gone on sale like once the entire time it was relevant. Nintendo stuff just doesn't really go on sale.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
trying to find a cheap NHL 18 for Xbox One, anyone seen anything on sale? I have to buy the Xbox One & NHL for my son, even though I already have a PS4 & NHL. Damn kids LOL

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
trying to find a cheap NHL 18 for Xbox One, anyone seen anything on sale? I have to buy the Xbox One & NHL for my son, even though I already have a PS4 & NHL. Damn kids LOL
Amazon has it 50% off. Should be the same discount on Xbox live too.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
I got an instant pot.
am happy

Just got one a couple days ago, and wish I had heard about them before I bought a crock pot and a rice steamer a couple years ago.

So far, I've made a beef barley vegetable soup and boiled some potatoes (to then mash). It's been great both times, although the amount of steam released when manually opening the valve after being pressurized...:eek:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Just got one a couple days ago, and wish I had heard about them before I bought a crock pot and a rice steamer a couple years ago.

So far, I've made a beef barley vegetable soup and boiled some potatoes (to then mash). It's been great both times, although the amount of steam released when manually opening the valve after being pressurized...:eek:

i still have my crock pot, (and my rice cooker) so don't fret on that.
but i basically use my instant pot for like everything. (but i hear you. i'm like where on earth did all that steam come from?!)

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
Anybody have any thoughts on an Apple iPhone 7+ with 256 GB for $25/month for 24 months from Verizon today?

I've been holding out for a decent deal on an 8/8+ this season, but that might be too good to pass up.

Last edited:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
i still have my crock pot, (and my rice cooker) so don't fret on that.
but i basically use my instant pot for like everything. (but i hear you. i'm like where on earth did all that steam come from?!)

Little bought my wife, mother-in-law, and mother one. (Wife doesnt know though). People that use it swear by it.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Amazon.ca Prime Members take note that the 20% pre-sale offer is now to 10% percent instead of having the savings for the first two weeks of release, it's now until the game drops.

basically amazon.ca prime is making you wonder that with nothing being guaranteed as a prime release date and not a lot of prime only options what the point is of having prime

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
Amazon.ca Prime Members take note that the 20% pre-sale offer is now to 10% percent instead of having the savings for the first two weeks of release, it's now until the game drops.

basically amazon.ca prime is making you wonder that with nothing being guaranteed as a prime release date and not a lot of prime only options what the point is of having prime
free 2 day shipping and no hassles returning anything. Ive used it for over a year and its been fantastic

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
free 2 day shipping and no hassles returning anything. Ive used it for over a year and its been fantastic

ive had it for a few years.
lol i've had some hassles ;) it's just more of a gripe because i really loved the 20 percent buffer as a prime member. now w/the 10 percent only until drop i can just go to walmart whenever.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I feel I need to say it for the millionth time but I own the closed back version of those headphones and the bass is extremely weak. There are better wireless headphones for a similar price

For the price, they're just alright, and they're certainly not worth more than what their supposed msrp is, though they're basically on sale year round.

Last edited:

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
i played civ 4 and skipped 5. concensus seems to be that 6 is great been looking to buy it cheap and now is the time.

winter sale on steam had it for 30$

void

Jan 5, 2006
Thanks for the heads up! I've been meaning to pick it up and I think this is probably the cheapest it'll get.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Help me find sales/pick out a Sound Bar.

I had an old Vizio soundbar back in the day, probably 6 years ago, it was so bulky, but it was like $70 dollars from NewEgg. It was just OK.

I would love to hear if anyone has recent experience with Soundbars.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I have a JBL soundbar/sub system. It's extremely nice but it was $400. I love it though. It's great for movies, gaming and using it as a bluetooth speaker for my phone.

I guess I can't recommend spending $400 on a soundbar unless you've got the money to spare, but generally I know JBL is a nice brand. Unfortunately I don't know what other brands are good or not right now though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad