Deals and Steals 2

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Redbox is apparently getting out of the game rental business and is selling off games pretty cheaply, you can go to their website and select a game and see if its available nearby

I just snagged NBA 2k20 for 14.99

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Square Enix Eidos Anthology on Steam

Looks like the Square Enix Eidos Anthology is heavily discounted. It’s around $36 for me and pro-rated based upon the games already in your steam library($39.24 or less according to some third party sites) Most of the games are a little older but there’s some gems in there. I particularly like Tomb Raider, Life is Strange, Deus Ed, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Just Cause 2/3.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Purchased an Acer Nitro 5 3 days ago. 15.6 inches, i5 processor,8 GB Ram, 128 GB SSD+1 TB HD, GTX1650. Best Buy has it for $729.99....but if you act quickly you can get Best Buy to price match it from BJs.com for $599.99!!

The Acer Nitro 5 model with those specs for 599.99 is an absolute steal. You will be hard pressed to find any laptop that has an i5 processor+ 128GB SSD AND 1 TB HD + 8 GB Ram+GTX 1650 for $599.99 and tax. If anyone was looking at a cheap gaming laptop that can run virtually every game (granted some of the newer ones would need to be run at the lowest settings) then this one is it.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Phones
Anyone ever order a phone from here Phones | Wish ?
The prices are ridiculously low even with shipping
You have to look up the model number to see who manufactures it.
Oppo, Zen, and Huawei are some. I'm not sure about the latter without google services. Something as simple as adding a gmail account can be impossible because they won't accept a verification number.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Phones
Oppo, Zen, and Huawei are some. I'm not sure about the latter without google services. Something as simple as adding a gmail account can be impossible because they won't accept a verification number.
I’d be careful ordering from there because for the most part it’s people selling shit they don’t want/need.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Phones
If it's from wish! It's crap. If you want an actual cheap Chinese phone AliExpress is your best choice.

I'm not a fan of importing phones though, there's so many good cheap phones these days, carriers, Costco, Craigslist/Kijiji. I used to actually import the Chinese phones to save a buck. The headaches were never ending. A Lenovo with a defective touchscreen, a Redmi with a battery that literally did not last an hour and a half, the quality control of direct from China stuff is just not there.

I’d be careful ordering from there because for the most part it’s people selling shit they don’t want/need.
Wish is a Chinese vendor, it's not like eBay or Craigslist, the thing is the quality is absolute dog**** and they're famous for having the promotional photos looking nothing like the actual product as well as laughable discounts (ex. $2500 discounted to $10). Generally in NA it's popular with girls to get super cheap fabric and clothes but other than that I'm not aware of anything useful on the platform.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
If it's from wish! It's crap. If you want an actual cheap Chinese phone AliExpress is your best choice.

I'm not a fan of importing phones though, there's so many good cheap phones these days, carriers, Costco, Craigslist/Kijiji. I used to actually import the Chinese phones to save a buck. The headaches were never ending. A Lenovo with a defective touchscreen, a Redmi with a battery that literally did not last an hour and a half, the quality control of direct from China stuff is just not there.

I picked up a Umidigi S5 Pro on eBay a few weeks ago for $240. They're $20 cheaper on AliExpress but my LG G7 ThinQ was on life support. It's been a great phone so far.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/UMIDIGI-S5...one-Pop-up-Selfie-Camera-Octa-Core-Android-10

Sep 19, 2008
Prime Day 2020.

Can get some nice noise cancelling headphones (Sony / Bose QC II's) if you're interested.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Prime Day 2020.

Can get some nice noise cancelling headphones (Sony / Bose QC II's) if you're interested.
I see that Sony has two different models for noise cancelling headphones, any idea what the difference is between the two since one is like one hundred bucks more than the other?

I might wait until Black Friday which also have great deals on headphones. I am an Audiotechnica fanboi and none of them are on sale. E: Actually, they're on sale on their website.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
These are not necessarily deals or steals since their stuff is overpriced, but for canadian galaxy users(possibly americans too I haven't checked), the samsung store is currently having a sale for 30% off most accessories (wall/car/wireless chargers, cases, styluses)

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I see that Sony has two different models for noise cancelling headphones, any idea what the difference is between the two since one is like one hundred bucks more than the other?

I might wait until Black Friday which also have great deals on headphones. I am an Audiotechnica fanboi and none of them are on sale. E: Actually, they're on sale on their website.

The only good Sony headphones are the MDR 7506's. The rest are overpriced crap.

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Anyone have any deals or steals on a laptop? Looking for a multi-purpose gaming/work laptop (Canada)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad