Deadpool 2

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Finally saw it and I really liked it. I'd probably say that I liked the original better but the sequel was damn good. Domino was awesome as well!

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
It was good sequel. Liked the cameos with Brad Pitt/Damon.
Ending with him changing the past though, would that of changed how he potentially met Cable though?
If his GF never dies, does he even meet Richard and then Cable?

At times, got annoyed with the Richard character but it was a minor complaint.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It was good sequel. Liked the cameos with Brad Pitt/Damon.
Ending with him changing the past though, would that of changed how he potentially met Cable though?
If his GF never dies, does he even meet Richard and then Cable?

At times, got annoyed with the Richard character but it was a minor complaint.

Who?

As the Honest Trailer I posted on the previous page already brought up, this movie doesn't give a f*** about logic and continuity.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I liked it better than the original. And Marvel definitely needs to bring Domino back in another film or two.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
You should see it. It's good.

Having gotten so accustomed to the MCU, without a larger narrative arc to follow superhero movies feel kind of pointless now. I still haven't watched Wonder Woman for the same reason. I'm sure they're fine films but I just dont feel any impetus to watch their stories unfold.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Having gotten so accustomed to the MCU, without a larger narrative arc to follow superhero movies feel kind of pointless now. I still haven't watched Wonder Woman for the same reason. I'm sure they're fine films but I just dont feel any impetus to watch their stories unfold.

You don't need to have followed the MCU to enjoy or get the references in Deadpool 2. I'm in the same boat - I stopped watching the MCU movies right after the original Avengers was released, but I still really enjoyed Deadpool 2. I enjoyed it quite a bit more than the original, partially because of the new characters that they introduced, and also because of the evidently higher budget which resulted in much more elaborate action sequences. It was probably my favourite MCU movie to date.

Reactions: HFBCommenter
Sep 19, 2008
If you saw DP1 you might as well see DP2. There are a few references to the MCU but it's largely independent and followable.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
You don't need to have followed the MCU to enjoy or get the references in Deadpool 2. I'm in the same boat - I stopped watching the MCU movies right after the original Avengers was released, but I still really enjoyed Deadpool 2. I enjoyed it quite a bit more than the original, partially because of the new characters that they introduced, and also because of the evidently higher budget which resulted in much more elaborate action sequences. It was probably my favourite MCU movie to date.

It's not an MCU movie.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Ugh, I was hoping someone wouldn't pull that semantics card. Deadpool is a Marvel character; the other aspects I couldn't care less about, especially given Fox was just purchased by Disney.

Good luck with that on this board with so many Finns to whom arguing about semantics is a national past time.

The deal won't be finalized until maybe early next year so technically he's not in the MCU yet.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad