Deadline trades

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Why trade Fayne? He is entering his prime. Not to mention he is a shut-down RD. Really the only one at the NHL level. The other defensive D men are lefties. Even in Albany. He is solid and I don't think he will be over $2 million per season.

Because he probably won't be re signed. I kinda hope he is at this point though. He's finally looking back to where he was. Too bad he'll probably walk cause he's mad that Dumbeor benched him for PJ earlier in the season.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Because he probably won't be re signed. I kinda hope he is at this point though. He's finally looking back to where he was. Too bad he'll probably walk cause he's mad that Dumbeor benched him for PJ earlier in the season.

I think it is likely he is resigned. He is in a pretty good situation as far as ice time. He probably wouldn't get this much time on other teams. Doesn't really have a big name, so he might not have much leverage as a free agent.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I think Faynes desire to bolt was overestimated. I think hes back playing with Greene next year

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Faynes desire to bolt was overestimated. I think hes back playing with Greene next year

I'm also afraid Lou might let him walk just to clear space. Especially if the turds aren't flushed.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Fayne has played in all but 10 games this year, so it's not like he's been a healthy scratch every night. Some people just assumed that he would mad about being "abused" by the coaching staff.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Fayne has played in all but 10 games this year, so it's not like he's been a healthy scratch every night. Some people just assumed that he would mad about being "abused" by the coaching staff.

I guess it all depends. Maybe he's not mad about it, but I can see Lou letting him walk to make room for Larsson/Gelinas.

Aside from Zidlicky, nobody else other than Fayne comes off the books. I think one of Salvador/Volchenkov will need to be jettisoned in order for Fayne to be brought back.

I guess we can assume Zidlicky is not back.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I don't know if Zidlicky is gone next year though. It would seem to make sense given the emergence of Gelinas, but I could see them bringing him back. Especially considering the season he's had so far.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't know if Zidlicky is gone next year though. It would seem to make sense given the emergence of Gelinas, but I could see them bringing him back. Especially considering the season he's had so far.

It's possible, but I think they'd definitely be blasting off Salvador or Volchenkov outta here if that happened.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It's possible, but I think they'd definitely be blasting off Salvador or Volchenkov outta here if that happened.

If they somehow get rid of both of them I wouldn't mind bringing Zidlicky back.

Greene-Fayne
Gelinas-Larsson
Merrill-Zidlicky

If they can't dump both Volch and Sal, put whichever one stays in Zids spot and let him walk.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If they somehow get rid of both of them I wouldn't mind bringing Zidlicky back.

Greene-Fayne
Gelinas-Larsson
Merrill-Zidlicky

If they can't dump both Volch and Sal, put whichever one stays in Zids spot and let him walk.

I'm alright with all of this.

MountainGoat

if we don't trade Jagr and Zid at the deadline we better be re-signing both of them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad