Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey 1m
Apparently Kings and Sabres are close to a big one. Stay tuned

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I'd much rather pay some assets and give the appearance that they give a **** and try to win a round or 2, or sell some assets and accrue some nice pieces for the next year or 2 RATHER than stand pat, get dismantled in the first round and lose UFA's for nothing.

But maybe that's just me.

Why is it a guarantee that we get dismantled in the first round? Because it happened last year?

People overrate the importance of that series WAY too much. With the way Price is playing this year we've already got a solid chance to win a round or two. I'm fine with trading someone like Bourque away though as it won't gut our playoff chances too much.

Analyzer*

Bourque is a liability. Negative value on the ice. Literally he sucks.

Bourque is equal to, or better than Gionta, Desharnais, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Pacioretty and others defensively.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Throwing away draft picks when your 4 points out of a playoff spot and you'd have to jump past 4 teams to make the playoffs in 20 games, yea he's a genius.

you forget last year....and yea then ended up mowing us down too.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Signing Phillips for two years is the last straw for me.

I was a Habs fan for the first 39 years of my life but when Ottawa got a team in 1992 I thought I should cheer for my hometown team. It's now become impossible to remain a Sens fan as I despise Eugene Melnyk and Bryan Murray. Putting Conacher on waivers and resigning Phillips were the last two nails in the coffin.

Go Habs!
Now repeat after me !
Subban is better than Karlsson!

If you can say that well congratulation and welcome to the habs board! :)

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Bourque is equal to, or better than Gionta, Desharnais, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Pacioretty and others defensively.

Bourque sucks. There's no defending him this season.

He is not better defesnsively that Pacioretty, Gionta and Gallagher. What a joke of a post.

DD and Galchenyuk are 3-4 times as productive.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Why is it a guarantee that we get dismantled in the first round? Because it happened last year?

People overrate the importance of that series WAY too much. With the way Price is playing this year we've already got a solid chance to win a round or two. I'm fine with trading someone like Bourque away though as it won't gut our playoff chances too much.

We will get dismantled in the first round if we don't move at all today.

Analyzer*

Bourque sucks.

Great analysis.

If Bourque is traded, then someone has to be coming in. Needs to be someone with size, so would be Stafford, or Stewart.

Bournival isn't that good, people... Then again, neither is Bourque. Well, until the playoffs...

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

Desharnais, Gallagher, Gionta, Bourque, Weise in the top 9 and the defense basically being Markov, Subban and plug ins. That's why I have no faith in what they can do in the playoffs.

But obviously Price can steal some series, but it's not exciting relying on a goalie to stand on his head to have a chance. Plus our coach can lose a series himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad