GDT: Deadline Day - Crazytalk time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Аrpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 12s
Market had to be really soft for Ales Hemsky for Oilers to pull trigger with 2 1/2 hours left to get two so-so draft picks.

Agreed...two average picks AND the Oilers eat half his salary? Must have been literally nothing else out there.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

I'm not much of an optimist (especially when it comes to the habs) but you're actually making sense. I'd love to see the team make a move to improve themselves and have a real shot at a deep playoff berth for once. Enough with the inferiority complex, we have a decent team that is well positioned in its conference. It's time to improve and aim for the top.

People think they are different from their GM but everybody on this board has a conservative vision. Going for a bottom 6 player or a 6th-7th d-men is conservative. Going for a Vanek is an important step to become a winning team THIS YEAR that no Habs GM ever did... We see the result today - they get fired after slumps because they don't take winning opportunities.

I understand where you're coming from. I think the team is better with Vanek. They just have too many holes IMO to give up the world for him. Vanek probably doesn't even want to come to Montreal either.

Yes we have holes, but the way MT is coaching it's almost like our only hole is in the offensive top 6.
Our D is great, our G is great and our bottom 6 is great. Hello, do yo see where the hole is?

TheRooster

Dec 31, 2013
Montreal
How is it that other GMs seemingly trade their deadweight so easily, and we can't get rid of Bourque?

Hell, just tell them he's a physical player with size and a good shot and it seems you can get a few picks for him...

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
take a 5th for Bourque, replace what was lost in Weaver. MB is dreaming in technicolor if he's thinks he's gonna get a roster player

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
If we can't package Bourque to get a NHL winger we should keep him .

I actually agree with you. We dont need a fourth rounder.. He can play well on the third and if not sit him in the press box. If he comes alive who knows what could happen.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
90 minutes left. Cmon MB, do a hockey trade that makes us better. At least sign Markov.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
I seriously hope to see something like :

Bourque fort 4th round pick.

Cant belive hes still signed for the next two years.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
Signing Phillips for two years is the last straw for me.

I was a Habs fan for the first 39 years of my life but when Ottawa got a team in 1992 I thought I should cheer for my hometown team. It's now become impossible to remain a Sens fan as I despise Eugene Melnyk and Bryan Murray. Putting Conacher on waivers and resigning Phillips were the last two nails in the coffin.

Go Habs!

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 10s
Doesn't sound like Tim Thomas will be united with Lou.. #Panthers talking to a few teams including #Stars

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 39s
Doesn't sound like Tim Thomas will be united with Lou.. #Panthers talking to a few teams including #Stars

Analyzer*

take a 5th for Bourque, replace what was lost in Weaver. MB is dreaming in technicolor if he's thinks he's gonna get a roster player

Then we shouldn't trade Bourque.

We need bodies in the lineup.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Signing Phillips for two years is the last straw for me.

I was a Habs fan for the first 39 years of my life but when Ottawa got a team in 1992 I thought I should cheer for my hometown team. It's now become impossible to remain a Sens fan as I despise Eugene Melnyk and Bryan Murray. Putting Conacher on waivers and resigning Phillips were the last two nails in the coffin.

Go Habs!

We don't approve of turncoats.

Signed

KGB

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
I'd be satisfied with Bourque leaving and us getting a guy like Stafford... at least we'd get some help on the RW, Stafford can be streaky yes, but he's big and has scored before..

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Not deadline news but pretty cool:

Edmonton OilersVerified account
‏@EdmontonOilers
With Fasth arriving later today, #TeamCanada gold medal goalie @ShannonSzabados to practice w/ #Oilers this morning. pic.twitter.com/zptFWKPTv0

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I don't know why but I just can't take Ottawa serious as a franchise. They could win 5 cups in a row and I still wouldn't take them serious.

I'm not sure what it is, but they're a joke and even looking at their logo does nothing for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad