GDT: Deadline Day - Crazytalk time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Joe Yerdon ‏@JoeYerdonPHT 35s
Now that Bobby Mac is on the train, #Sabres moving Brayden McNabb to #LAKings for two prospects.

Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
Hearing prospect Hudson Fasching (U of Minnesota) is likely on way to BUF as part of Brayden McNabb trade with BUF. Awaiting confirmatio

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
This day is so overrated. Makes the crying here so funny. You don't always win Cups off trade deadline moves. In 2010 all we did was pick up Dominic Moore and as nice as that was, it wasn't what put us into the 3rd round. Only time it worked was when we got Kovalev but his value was pretty low cause of his ****** play with the Rangers. In 2002 all we picked up was Bill Lindsay. In 2006 we got Todd Simpson and we lost in the 1st round. No correlation. I'd rather be dumping players for picks and/or prospects. The 2007 trading of Rivet was a godsend. That's why I'm not opposed to trading a guy like Gorges, Murray, Bourque, Eller, hell even maybe Markov if the price is right.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 8s
Hearing prospect Hudson Fasching (U of Minnesota) is likely on way to BUF as part of Brayden McNabb trade with BUF. Awaiting confirmation.

LA/BUF

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Great analysis.

If Bourque is traded, then someone has to be coming in. Needs to be someone with size, so would be Stafford, or Stewart.

Bournival isn't that good, people... Then again, neither is Bourque. Well, until the playoffs...

If Bourque is traded I'd replace him with Bournival who has similar production despite not getting 1/5th of the offensive opportunities.

Get real.

Analyzer*

If Bourque is traded I'd replace him with Bournival who has similar production despite not getting 1/5th of the offensive opportunities.

Get real.

Bournival is a good speedy guy to get in on the forecheck, but that just further proves we're not doing anything in the playoffs. Not like we are going to now...

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Desharnais, Gallagher, Gionta, Bourque, Weise in the top 9 and the defense basically being Markov, Subban and plug ins. That's why I have no faith in what they can do in the playoffs.

But obviously Price can steal some series, but it's not exciting relying on a goalie to stand on his head to have a chance. Plus our coach can lose a series himself

Hey Habssawce, yes you're not sure about our line-up, but do you think other teams fans feels different about theirs? We're all on the same boat, now it's up to a GM with guts to build a different team from others.

We might hate some of our players, but they can still be any teams in the East.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Not deadline news but pretty cool:

Edmonton OilersVerified account
‏@EdmontonOilers
With Fasth arriving later today, #TeamCanada gold medal goalie @ShannonSzabados to practice w/ #Oilers this morning. pic.twitter.com/zptFWKPTv0

I have the biggest crush on her. My wife rags me all the time saying "Look you're gf is on tv".

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Bournival is a good speedy guy to get in on the forecheck, but that just further proves we're not doing anything in the playoffs. Not like we are going to now...

We'll do nothing in the playoffs with Bourque anyway. He's a waste of a roster spot an obstacle for other players for deserving to play in the top 9.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
This day is so overrated. Makes the crying here so funny. You don't always win Cups off trade deadline moves. In 2010 all we did was pick up Dominic Moore and as nice as that was, it wasn't what put us into the 3rd round. Only time it worked was when we got Kovalev but his value was pretty low cause of his ****** play with the Rangers. In 2002 all we picked up was Bill Lindsay. In 2006 we got Todd Simpson and we lost in the 1st round. No correlation. I'd rather be dumping players for picks and/or prospects. The 2007 trading of Rivet was a godsend. That's why I'm not opposed to trading a guy like Gorges, Murray, Bourque, Eller, hell even maybe Markov if the price is right.

Moore had his importance though and he did score a game 7 GWG, so that kinda put us into the 3rd round...

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Can anyone explain to me the point of making a fake twitter account of an "insider" and posting fake trades?

I dont' understand what you get out of it? A laugh? It's not funny, nor original.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
People think they are different from their GM but everybody on this board has a conservative vision. Going for a bottom 6 player or a 6th-7th d-men is conservative. Going for a Vanek is an important step to become a winning team THIS YEAR that no Habs GM ever did... We see the result today - they get fired after slumps because they don't take winning opportunities.

Yes we have holes, but the way MT is coaching it's almost like our only hole is in the offensive top 6.
Our D is great, our G is great and our bottom 6 is great. Hello, do yo see where the hole is?

Our D is great? Not even close. If our goaltending is just OK during the playoffs. We will get swept. The D is not good bro. But I guess we shall see.

Analyzer*

One is a rookie with room to improve. It's a no brainer who should have that 3rd line spot IMO.

A rookie with limited potential.

Bournival did look good at one point, then like everyone trailed off.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Solid deal McNabb for Fasching. Type of deal I keep saying exist when teams trade 2 great prospects but that fills each other needs. Reason why drafting exclusively for needs is overrated.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Hey Habssawce, yes you're not sure about our line-up, but do you think other teams fans feels different about theirs? We're all on the same boat, now it's up to a GM with guts build a different team from others.

We might hate some of our players, but they can still be any teams in the East.

I'm not saying we don't have good players I'm just saying the balance is horrible to compete in the playoffs. Having small skiled players is fine, but when they make up 3/4 of your scoring lines you have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad