GDT: Deadline Day 2016- It's Happening!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrbitalDynamics

#Unsurprised
May 22, 2008
Stalag Luft JFK
What would you all think about bringing Matt Hunwick back? He was criminally underrated while he was hear, I think his fancy stats were pretty good and he could slot in nicely on the bottom pair. Haven't seen much of him in Toronto though. He could be a trainwreck now for all I know.

Babcock loves him, I don't think they'll ship him out.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I would trade Boyle in a heartbeat. The Rangers won't move him.

Dagoon I believe mentioned Moore possibly moving. Maybe.

Letestu makes 1.8m I believe. Moore makes 1.5m.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

I don't think the Rangers CAN move Boyle. Doesn't he have a NTC? Why would he waive that to go to some scrub team? I don't see a contender adding him.

OrbitalDynamics

#Unsurprised
May 22, 2008
Stalag Luft JFK
I'd take him over Drouin because I have less concerns about his attitude.

I don't think either guy ends up amounting to much, but if one of them were to turn it around I'd put my $ on Yakupov.

Drouin got AV'ed by Cooper and has been hemorrhaging Butt Hurt ever since.Going AWOL from the A hasn't helped his value,if anything it has weakened it.

Another poster mentioned him creeping closer to bust territory and I'm inclined to agree.

Last edited:

TomLaidlaw

Jan 4, 2007
Transylvania

One of my biggest concerns for this team is Boyle's play when the speed of the games ramp up during the playoffs. My gut tells me we are going to see his game get really exposed. Combined with the fact that we aren't limiting his minutes during the regular season and I see a Marty St Louis (The 2nd playoff run) type drop off happening to Boyle during the playoffs. Hopefully I am wrong.

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
I wouldn't mind Yak or Pirri provided we don't do anything stupid to get them. Yak is one of those guys that I could see flourishing in NYC.

If anyone has a better tsn stream than cric-free, please let me know! Stupid regional restrictions! I'm 4 1/2 hours away!

NYR89

Jul 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
I think the team makes a minor move to get a 3rd/4th line guy who can PK. Maybe get a depth defenseman, but I don't think there's going to be a major move.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
i would pass on yakupov. dont see where he fits unless we are moving another roster forward. he would need to slot into top 10 and so who is he bumping ?

brass step staal zuc kreider miller hayes lindy stalberg and fast are here now. nash returns end of month.

i dont see the need to upgrade anyone other than dan boyle. i see no need for any more deals.

i find it funny too, all along weve been told the defense needs to be blown up and look what happened. nothing. same defense. still here. same guys. same core and same group who have played well of late thanks to some better play and a much better henrik.

been saying the forwards need to get better, were too easy to play against. we looked small and slow too many nights. need to add some size and grit and down low game. look who we added.

i think this organization believes in this defense alot more than most here. the metrics crowd can throw all the numbers at us they want and sure, those numbers look weak at times, but the games are still played men against men. this defense bends alot but rarely breaks when hank is on.

i think this group of 7- well, maybe not dan boyle, is good enough as long as they are healthy and henrik is playing at the top of his game.

the key now is the special teams play and avoiding injuries. if that happens, we can play with any one.

OrbitalDynamics

#Unsurprised
May 22, 2008
Stalag Luft JFK
One of my biggest concerns for this team is Boyle's play when the speed of the games ramp up during the playoffs. My gut tells me we are going to see his game get really exposed. Combined with the fact that we aren't limiting his minutes during the regular season and I see a Marty St Louis (The 2nd playoff run) type drop off happening to Boyle during the playoffs. Hopefully I am wrong.

Pops is going to be gassed.He's 39, not 29.Alan Vigno claimed he was going to "Give Boyler a breather here and there" but alas, we see the fallacy of that statement.

The price will be paid in the playoffs.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Yakupov is going to be a bust imo. At least with Brass he was somewhat successful and/or improved his 1st 3 years, he got fed up with that crappy organization. With Yak it's the reverse, the crappy organization is fed up with him. my opinion, I would stay away unless they can get him for literally nothing.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
I think the team makes a minor move to get a 3rd/4th line guy who can PK. Maybe get a depth defenseman, but I don't think there's going to be a major move.

Another forward seems needless if Nash will be healthy in time for the PO's.

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
Granted Yak isn't a giant, but he's a pretty tenacious kid. He's about 6'1 on skates? I think one thing we fail to consider is a personality fit with the culture of NYC, and I think he's got the attitude to be successful here.

The reality is that we aren't trading any of our top six D. I've said it before, I'm still baffled by the fact that we're playing man-on-man defense, rather than zone coverage with an aging core.

Either way, We've got plenty of size up front now. What we need is consistency, tenacity and skill.

TomLaidlaw

Jan 4, 2007
Transylvania
i would pass on yakupov. dont see where he fits unless we are moving another roster forward. he would need to slot into top 10 and so who is he bumping ?

brass step staal zuc kreider miller hayes lindy stalberg and fast are here now. nash returns end of month.

i dont see the need to upgrade anyone other than dan boyle. i see no need for any more deals.

i find it funny too, all along weve been told the defense needs to be blown up and look what happened. nothing. same defense. still here. same guys. same core and same group who have played well of late thanks to some better play and a much better henrik.

been saying the forwards need to get better, were too easy to play against. we looked small and slow too many nights. need to add some size and grit and down low game. look who we added.

i think this organization believes in this defense alot more than most here. the metrics crowd can throw all the numbers at us they want and sure, those numbers look weak at times, but the games are still played men against men. this defense bends alot but rarely breaks when hank is on.

i think this group of 7- well, maybe not dan boyle, is good enough as long as they are healthy and henrik is playing at the top of his game.

the key now is the special teams play and avoiding injuries. if that happens, we can play with any one.

I am in agreement with you on this. I feel like our defense core (not Boyle) deserve one more run at this. I am not sure if that thought process is driven by sentiment more so than logic.

Staal, Girardi, McD all came through with the Rangers and have fought a lot of wars with this team. Specifically in the playoffs. They've also won a lot of playoff games and logged a ton of minutes. Perhaps the overwhelming sense of wanting them to be successful and to win with Henrik is clouding my judgement slightly.

Watching Lawrence Nycholat and Dale Purinton on the ice together has made me extremely appreciative of this current run we've been on the past several years. Along with the players that have been a part of it.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Boedker (reduced)

ranger and AZ 2016 4ths + Tambellini + Kovacs
for
Boedker (reduced) + AZ 3rd in 2017 + cap dump Glass+ more cap dump as needed

ok cause these are 2 lesser prospects

Nash for Stamkos rental, straight up

We can't move Boyle, and he will be gassed
Only thing we can do is sit him most games btwn now and POs, try to keep him w/fresh legs then

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
I am in agreement with you on this. I feel like our defense core (not Boyle) deserve one more run at this. I am not sure if that thought process is driven by sentiment more so than logic.

Staal, Girardi, McD all came through with the Rangers and have fought a lot of wars with this team. Specifically in the playoffs. They've also won a lot of playoff games and logged a ton of minutes. Perhaps the overwhelming sense of wanting them to be successful and to win with Henrik is clouding my judgement slightly.

Watching Lawrence Nycholat and Dale Purinton on the ice together has made me extremely appreciative of this current run we've been on the past several years. Along with the players that have been a part of it.

only la and chi have played more games than us the last 4 years.

says something

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Boyle absolutely will not waive his NMC. He was adamant about it at the beginning of the season and now on deadline day to go to a pretender or a non playoff team in what might be his final kick of the can?---there's no way he'll waive. That avenue is not there.

Right now the Rangers depth on D is McIlrath with the team. Skjei, Diaz, Summers. If the Rangers could fit in a more experienced guy as depth that would be a good add. You can never have too many capable NHL D for the playoffs. You need guys with size and grit up front too. I'd keep away from small and slick and anyone too soft or not dependable defensively.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

It's more like the Rangers can't move him. He won't waive his NMC. They can't waive him or send him to the minors because of his NMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad