Post-Game Talk: DD da GOAT: Habs win 2-1 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
We won, so that adds about 8 bad losses onto Michel's leash

I'm talking as if life is pre-determined and there is a fixed point in time where he will be gone. I'm sure he'll get several contract extensions before that day arrives, and wouldn't be surprised if we get to see Michel III or IV one day too.

Technically this is right, every passing day is one day closer to the day MT will be fired, whether that is tomorrow or in 10 years. :laugh:

We're philosophically in sync. :)

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
The hatred that DD provokes here is just ignorant bigotry. He's a useful hockey player, of exactly the same kind and stature , if not quite the same skill level, as Henri Richard or Yvon Cournoyer. What would these haters have said about them? He played the vital role in setting up the winning goal in the biggest game the Habs have played in twenty years last spring, and has been a paladin in overtime and shoot-outs this week alone. Anyone who doesn't appreciate his effort and his skill-set doesn't deserve to be a Montreal Canadiens fan.

hfboards montreal division is the unofficial larry eller fanboy club.

It's all DDs fault that Larry is a 20 point per year type of guy.:laugh:

First star almost always goes to the SO scorer. Why would anyone care about that?

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Man starting to turn heads on their work ethic:

Bournival De La Rose Thomas

When they were together they had the play in the offensive zone and the wheels on all three guys the cycle just keeps going and going.

Only a few games but they are forming a solid line.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'm assuming they didn't want to give Price first star due to Bernier facing harder/more shots, and didn't want to give Bernier first due to it being at home.

Give it to Subban who played the most minutes of any player in the leauge tonight and was a beast. He also assisted on their only goal.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Price's GAA keeps dropping, his save % keeps increasing and he keeps winning! MVP?

Pricef*

Another game where they weren't ready to play and then ended up playing down to the level of their opponent.

Another day closer to the end of the tenure of Michel II.

Teams really do get up to play Montreal you know.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
no need to state the obvious ;)

yeah... except for that game earlier in the year where PK scores the OT winner, and doesn't get named first star.

it's almost comical how little respect the guy gets. First star tonight was CLEARLY either him or Price. No legit argument could be made for any other player if IMPACT ON THE GAME is what the "star" system is supposed to represent.

No, how dare you, it is and was always about dovv vvviidd. Pk and Price are merely support players for davey.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
The hatred that DD provokes here is just ignorant bigotry. He's a useful hockey player, of exactly the same kind and stature , if not quite the same skill level, as Henri Richard or Yvon Cournoyer. What would these haters have said about them? He played the vital role in setting up the winning goal in the biggest game the Habs have played in twenty years last spring, and has been a paladin in overtime and shoot-outs this week alone. Anyone who doesn't appreciate his effort and his skill-set doesn't deserve to be a Montreal Canadiens fan.

A paladin ? A freakin' paladin ? :laugh:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Price's GAA keeps dropping, his save % keeps increasing and he keeps winning! MVP?

This year? No doubt. Yeah, Rinne is great. Still as far as the definition of what a MVP is all about....not even close for me. Price.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
no need to state the obvious ;)

yeah... except for that game earlier in the year where PK scores the OT winner, and doesn't get named first star.

it's almost comical how little respect the guy gets. First star tonight was CLEARLY either him or Price. No legit argument could be made for any other player if IMPACT ON THE GAME is what the "star" system is supposed to represent.

The 3 stars were definitely Bernier, Subban and Price (not necessarily in that order)

Darth Joker

Dec 12, 2009
Canada
Why do you guys care so much about who gets the three stars?

Yeah, the three stars should have been the two goalies and PK. DD getting the first star for just the SO winner is silly given the stellar performances of Price, Bernier, and Subban.

But so what? You really think that Price or Subban is bothered by it?

The main thing is that we escaped with two points tonight.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
People talking about the DD "hate" are ridiculous people.

85% of the board actually were quite happy with DD's play when he was on the third line (even at C), he worked hard, he kept skating and he wasn't coasting. Most people credited him a lot with his play... Now nobody can say without either not watching the game or either just being a complete fool that DD is playing well. I mean, he's not even playing mediocre hockey, it's flat out bad. Is he always bad ? No, he was pretty good, I'd say he was even awesome on the third line. Why? Because he worked hard and he didn't float. I'd rather see DD produce less (Leeching less) and play like he did on the third line than play the same way he does right now and produce 100 points.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Another game where they weren't ready to play and then ended up playing down to the level of their opponent.

Another day closer to the end of the tenure of Michel II.

we could only be so lucky...

call it nitpicking or bias... but it is absolutely painful to see images of him late in a close game/heading into OT.

as someone who loves coaching and follows coaches accross all sports leagues, i honestly don't know that i've seen another professional level coach with such visible lack of confidence in his facial expressions and body language than MT in those situations.

being emotional is fine, but any greater leader needs to be in control of those emotions, and aware of his non-verbal communication... he clearly has not developped that skill set.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...another meh effort...top line needs to finally be broken up, they had nothing again tonite...Pleks with another fairly poor effort as well...luv Weaver, but he's running on fumes...PK still gets too cutesy at times...good game by the kids; Chucky has to stop trying to do too much, though, simplify and he'll find success...hope Gonchar is OK; his loss would hurt right now...

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
People talking about the DD "hate" are ridiculous people.

85% of the board actually were quite happy with DD's play when he was on the third line (even at C), he worked hard, he kept skating and he wasn't coasting. Most people credited him a lot with his play... Now nobody can say without either not watching the game or either just being a complete fool that DD is playing well. I mean, he's not even playing mediocre hockey, it's flat out bad. Is he always bad ? No, he was pretty good, I'd say he was even awesome on the third line. Why? Because he worked hard and he didn't float. I'd rather see DD produce less (Leeching less) and play like he did on the third line than play the same way he does right now and produce 100 points.

this post should get a perma-bump in all future DD conversations. Very accurate and well stated.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Plekanec had another ****** game.

Galchenyuk needs to do better passes.

Desharnais sucks, too.

Thomas and De La Rose and even Bournival played well.

Beaulieu did well. Weaver and Gilbert need to be improved.

I thought Gilbert played great. Didn't make one mistake out there.:sarcasm:

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
That's what having a Norris winning defenseman can do for you. Defenseman goes down with injury and another out for 17 minutes in penalty minutes and Subban steps up to the plate and steadies the fort.

9M well spent.

And nice usage by MT.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
What an insane game by Subban. No idea how he didn't get a star. The Habs lack of offense is going to kill them.

I liked the Bournival - DLR - Thomas line. A lot of speed and they attacked the net.

I wonder how long Gonchar is out for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad