Post-Game Talk: DD da GOAT: Habs win 2-1 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Just looking at the point leaders on NHL.com and Pacioretty is 27th in league scoring with 46 points. That's pretty impressive considering every other guy in the top 30 has double digit point totals on the PP except Nash and Pacioretty. Pacioretty only has 7 PP points and Nash who's tied for 6th in scoring with 55 points has only 9 PP points. Giroux as 55 points on the season and 27 of his points have come on the PP.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Just looking at the point leaders on NHL.com and Pacioretty is 27th in league scoring with 46 points. That's pretty impressive considering every other guy in the top 30 has double digit point totals on the PP except Nash and Pacioretty. Pacioretty only has 7 PP points and Nash who's tied for 6th in scoring with 55 points has only 9 PP points. Giroux as 55 points on the season and 27 of his points have come on the PP.

...yeah, our PP sucks more than Stormy Daniels...

HabsDieHard*

LW is just as weak if Galchenyuk moves over.

I'd rather have a glaring weakness at left wing than at center.

And make no mistake, Desharnais with Pacioretty as opposed to Plekanec or Galchenyuk does give this team a glaring weakness against other teams.

And that has a trickle down effect on the rest of the line up as well, every single line is negatively impacted by the illogical use of Desharnais with Pacioretty.

And then we're just supposed to believe it's the "right move" because Galchenyuk asked to be moved to the wing.

Even though it actually came out after Therrien suggested it and Galchenyuk didn't oppose.

CanadiensforLife

Sep 11, 2010
Montreal
He's not saying anything different than what many people are saying.

Habs fans and non habs fans alike.

It is indeed a team game, but thi steam is routinely being outplayed by the opposition.

Yeah, but the quality of talent is there, so to say we're for sure a bottom 5 team if Price gets injured is preposterous. We wouldn't have as good a record as now but we still would be competing. Then you look at a team like the leafs where the management sucks, the coaches suck and the team as a whole sucks. That's not our case.

HabsDieHard*

...yeah, our PP sucks more than Stormy Daniels...

And yet the coaching staff continues to stick with the inane approach of more or less using the same trios at 5 on 5 and on the power play.

Except when Dale "the whale" Weise is on the 1st line and so they promote a RW with as of yesterday 2 powerplay goals on the year (and I love Gallagher) and then seemingly choose a different forward every single time out to get to try that RW spot.

I find it amazing that people can defend the coaching staff of this team when tehy have been for about 14 months now unable to maintain a solid powerplay, despite having Markov and Subban as their top 2 point men.

Yes, teams have adjusted to Subban and made things more difficult for him.

But that's what happens in the NHL, it's why coaches get paid millions of dollars.

Why have we never seen something like Pacioretty-Eller-Galchenyuk as the forward trio? It's got all the size and skill in the world.

What about the results from November 2013 on make the coaching staff believe their current approach is a positive one?

It's really baffling.

That 3 minute power play to start the 2nd last night was painful.

And who was right smack dab in the middle of it? Desharnais.

How many times just last night did he have an ineffective play in the opponent zone that led to a turnover?

How anyone can see these things happen and not conclude there's blatant favouritism and the coaching staff are quite often a detriment to this team is honestly beyond me. It baffles my mind.

How can they sit there and defend a coaching staff that for over 80 games of regular season hockey have been unable to ice a top 10 powerplay with Markov and Subban as their point men?

How?

Just how?

This season, between the 2 of them (and this is after getting one last night) Desharnais and Gallagher have scored 4 power play goals.

They have played 265 minutes of power play time combined.

That is 66.25 minutes of power play time per goal.

Do you think there are many players who in game 57 with those kinds of numbers would still continue to get top minute power play opportunities?

Last year Pacioretty had 10 PPG

In 2011 he had 7 PPG in 37 games played.

Perhaps they might consider recasting his role on the power play upon a raelization he is not being used as effectively as possible?

Nope.

Same miscast role as always.

While playing with 2 guys who take over an entire hockey game of ice time on the man advantage this season to score 1 goal.

"They're in 1st"

:shakehead

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
And yet the coaching staff continues to stick with the inane approach of more or less using the same trios at 5 on 5 and on the power play.

Except when Dale "the whale" Weise is on the 1st line and so they promote a RW with as of yesterday 2 powerplay goals on the year (and I love Gallagher) and then seemingly choose a different forward every single time out to get to try that RW spot.

I find it amazing that people can defend the coaching staff of this team when tehy have been for about 14 months now unable to maintain a solid powerplay, despite having Markov and Subban as their top 2 point men.

Yes, teams have adjusted to Subban and made things more difficult for him.

But that's what happens in the NHL, it's why coaches get paid millions of dollars.

Why have we never seen something like Pacioretty-Eller-Galchenyuk as the forward trio? It's got all the size and skill in the world.

What about the results from November 2013 on make the coaching staff believe their current approach is a positive one?

It's really baffling.

That 3 minute power play to start the 2nd last night was painful.

And who was right smack dab in the middle of it? Desharnais.

How many times just last night did he have an ineffective play in the opponent zone that led to a turnover?

How anyone can see these things happen and not conclude there's blatant favouritism and the coaching staff are quite often a detriment to this team is honestly beyond me. It baffles my mind.

How can they sit there and defend a coaching staff that for over 80 games of regular season hockey have been unable to ice a top 10 powerplay with Markov and Subban as their point men?

How?

Just how?

This season, between the 2 of them (and this is after getting one last night) Desharnais and Gallagher have scored 4 power play goals.

They have played 265 minutes of power play time combined.

That is 66.25 minutes of power play time per goal.

Do you think there are many players who in game 57 with those kinds of numbers would still continue to get top minute power play opportunities?

Last year Pacioretty had 10 PPG

In 2011 he had 7 PPG in 37 games played.

Perhaps they might consider recasting his role on the power play upon a raelization he is not being used as effectively as possible?

Nope.

Same miscast role as always.

While playing with 2 guys who take over an entire hockey game of ice time on the man advantage this season to score 1 goal.

"They're in 1st"

:shakehead

like you said were in first place.

why would we want to reveal to everyone what were really capable of?

were trolling the league with a 1/3 rookie line up and random line combos

thats how good we are, so stop whining about the coach hes probably going to win the jack adams for **** sakes!

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
like you said were in first place.

why would we want to reveal to everyone what were really capable of?

were trolling the league with a 1/3 rookie line up and random line combos

thats how good we are, so stop whining about the coach hes probably going to win the jack adams for **** sakes!

Doubt he even gets nominated, Hartley/Laviolette/Capuano have top 3 locked IMO. Arguably worse rosters (Preds looking pretty good now that a bunch of players having career years under Lavi) but less reliant on their goalie to win.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Doubt he even gets nominated, Hartley/Laviolette/Capuano have top 3 locked IMO. Arguably worse rosters (Preds looking pretty good now that a bunch of players having career years under Lavi) but less reliant on their goalie to win.

I dunno about that, without Rinne the preds have already missed the playoffs, seems to suggest Rinne is pretty important to their success.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I dunno about that, without Rinne the preds have already missed the playoffs, seems to suggest Rinne is pretty important to their success.

Without him, for a good chunk of the season last year, they finished four points out of a wild card spot last year.

Rinne has been excellent this year, near perfect actually, but the biggest thing about them has been the mentality change in their line-up, from defense first to high-octane offense, and coaching.

Maybe Laviolette won't win the Jack Adams but Poile is almost a shoe in for the GM of the year.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Without him, for a good chunk of the season last year, they finished four points out of a wild card spot last year.

Rinne has been excellent this year, near perfect actually, but the biggest thing about them has been the mentality change in their line-up, from defense first to high-octane offense, and coaching.

Maybe Laviolette won't win the Jack Adams but Poile is almost a shoe in for the GM of the year.

I dunno, they have pretty damn good roster too, especially on the backend, but it seems without Rinne they're not much different than any other team without their best player.

I don't think laviolette is that good of a coach tbh, could be a short term spike from a change in scenery, but meh, their dman are pretty damn good.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yeah, crazy me. Next time I'll make sure to be absolutely literal with you. C'mon man... you know what I meant. It's pretty much the same team.

They need a winger. For sure they do. But this team should be better than it is. It's a strong roster.

No, it doesn't have an OV or a Crosby up front... but you don't need one to score goals and you don't need one to win a cup. As I said 4th in goals in 2013 under a different system (with the same freaking coach) and 22nd now. It's night and day how much better we played back then.

The standings don't really matter. They matter in so far as they determine who goes to the playoffs and the matchups. But apart from that - it doesn't mean squat. What matters is the underlying play because that's really what's going to determine how far you go in the playoffs. Price shouldn't have to bail this team out night after night but that's what we've seen on too many occassions.

pretty much the same team is not the same as it's the same team. There's kind of an important difference there. Again look at the defense, there's no way anyone should think a D that has Beaulieu Gonchar Gilbert Emelin as regulars in their top 6 is a roster full of talent. They just don't have it.

I do agree this team should be better but no way is this a strong roster, just not enough talent outside a small few. keep banging the drum, it won't change the fact that this team lacks talent.

We'll see what they do in the playoffs but I look at management, they put this team together and so far they haven't gotten us much help outside of getting Gonchar on the cheap who was struggling in Dallas from what I understand.

What was the point of mentioning this fact? Were you doing it just for the sake of it like ''hockey is played with a puck''?
No need to play dumb here.

What's matter can't stand hearing a simple fact? Do you hate DD that much that you have to resort to trying to call my dishonest for stating a simple fact.

Pricef*

pretty much the same team is not the same as it's the same team. There's kind of an important difference there. Again look at the defense, there's no way anyone should think a D that has Beaulieu Gonchar Gilbert Emelin as regulars in their top 6 is a roster full of talent. They just don't have it.

I do agree this team should be better but no way is this a strong roster, just not enough talent outside a small few. keep banging the drum, it won't change the fact that this team lacks talent.

We'll see what they do in the playoffs but I look at management, they put this team together and so far they haven't gotten us much help outside of getting Gonchar on the cheap who was struggling in Dallas from what I understand.

What's matter can't stand hearing a simple fact? Do you hate DD that much that you have to resort to trying to call my dishonest for stating a simple fact.

Great post!!

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Agreed. Exactly what I think.

People think they're so clever jumping on a bandwagon. *Yawn* Seriously, this msg board is like high-school. People just say things so that other people will think they're cool. Repeating popular ignorant opinions does not make you cool.

Desharnais has a multi-million dollar multi-year contract. He did so in spite of being small and has done so in spite of not being drafted. He's had a 52-point season and a 60-point season. He scores timely goals in OT and in shootouts. Anybody saying he's untalented or useless basically admits publicly to being an ABSOLUTE idiot, devoid of the ability to recognize talent because the insecurity caused by the peer pressure on the bloody Internet (of all media) is too much. :laugh:

Another example is Michel Therrien. Before he came back to the Habs, the team was LAST PLACE in the East and the 3rd WORST team in the NHL! His very first year, he brings the team to the ranking of 2nd in the East and 4th best NHL team. Oh, OK. Yeah, he sucks real bad. The next year, 4th in the East. Not good enough for ya? Because of an untimely injury to Price, the team was a hair away from making it to the Cup Finals last year. Yep. That's the mark of a coach who truly doesn't know what he's doing. Deep Playoff runs are always flukes. This year? 1st in the East. Sure, MT is a moron for sure. Only morons rise to the rop of the whole conference.

It baffles me that somebody can stare at the facts which are all verifiable and still deny with every fiber of their being that they're not wrong. That confirms that I should not even bother with arguments because the ability to entertain the possibility of being wrong is usually the result of being an intelligent, reasonable, and logical person. Unfortunately, that's not a description that fits most people in life, so what you're left with is a collective group of dolts who just repeat such deep, witty, and perfectly crafted catchphrases such as "MT sucks" or "Desharnais sucks."

Mob mentality at its predictable worst.

Quality post.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
1) it's his 20 year old season, and did you ever stop to think that maybe you are under exaggerating the risk of moving him to the #1 center role on a top team in the NHL? For me, Galchenyuk is one of the few high end young talents we have so I would much rather they not take risks then take them. More PP time wouldn't hurt since we need something to get the PP going.

did you ever stop to think you are over exaggerating it?

for me, the player himself has shown a compete & confidence level that renders further talk of the "need" to ease him in pretty moot.
he's already shown he can play and produce at the NHL level. He's shown (to himself most importantly) that he can handle the physical play and the targeted baffoonery.
his pretty consistent displays of holding himself to very high expectations reveal an athlete who is hungry for more, not less.
and yes, you can read these things out of an athlete's body language and reactions to vvarious in-game stresses.
not unlike Subban in his first pro season, you could tell from Galch's first few games at the NHL level that hte stage was not too big for him at all.

and the strongest evidence of all was his play when he did get moved to C… he showed more than enough performance and confidence to imply that there is no need to "shelter" him any more (beyond the potential benefit of having a big physical winger to run shotgun with him, but we don't have that luxury at this time lest we put him back with prust, which wouldn't be advisable).

2) playing wing is a lot less stressful then being a #1 center, look at the top centers on the playoff bound teams and that's who he's going to have to shut down come playoff time. Can he handle that? For me I don't know but I would rather not risk it and find out the hard way.

Stress is a good thing… nay, a NECESSARY thing for a young athlete to work through if there is any hope of them one day becoming elite level with any consistency.

sure, you don't want to "rush" or "overwhelm" a kid who isn't ready, but we are past that point with Galch. At 180 games in, and already relied on as one of our key offensive producers, there is no additional risk of having him C one of our top-3 lines… specially if his line is the 4th on the list in terms of matching up vs tough opposition.
and beyond that, he's already as, if not more, effetive than DD is as an "end-to-end" C.

3) not sure what you are talking about, of course injuries happen but does that mean Tok should be playing more in case Price gets injured? Seems silly to me. This is a top team in the NHL, every game is important, so we shouldn't he using rookies in roles they aren't ready for just in case someone gets injured.

completely difference scenario. Goalies getting injured is a far bigger rarity than a skater, and the need that top goalies have to play a high volume of games to stay at the top of their game, precludes any kind of "splitting". Terrible comparison.

Galch is not a rookie. eller is not a rookie. and as for the others, it is precisely because of the importance of each game that the coach should be looking to play the best lineup he can ice as often as he can.

That our lineup is/would be better with Andreghetto or Sekac in a top-6 role, both immediately and long-term/with-an-eye-on-the-playoffs, than it is using Weise there and those types of players in bottom-6 roles, is painfully evident.

but the "every game is important" rhetoric is not quite how coaches of top ranked teams operate. Loathe as they are to admit it, there is always an eye on the playoff prep in making their lineup decisions… wether it be to test out combos, get aging vets additional rest time, manage minutes of guys that will need to play massive minutes, or getting young players battle tested ahead of time.

either way you slice it, our current approach lacks any logical/strategic direction.

as for Thomas, don't agree that playing is the top 6 is better for him since it's less likely he would get scored on while on the bottom 6 because he would be on the ice a lot less then he would in a top 6 role.

- not sure how many games you do get to catch, but with our coach, this could never be an issue. He regularly changes lines up in-game. having a guy like Thomas play his minutes on a "top-6" line could easily be done without his minutes going over the 12-14mark. Weise started the game on the "top line", and finished the night with less than 10minutes despite not taking any penalties or getting hurt.

you can't get so caught up with the EA hockey notion of lines. It is quite easy for a coach to integrate a young player into the lineup while using them exclusively in select roles… wether it be a grinding guy being used only in "energy" shifts or PK duties, or an offensively gifted guy getting used opportunisitically in o-zone starts with top-6 caliber linemates.

not something you get into when you have a very solid/deep top-9… of course… but when you are as thin as we are at W in the top-9? AND you have an injury? Then it's a no-brainer.

You can believe whatever you want, but there's no way I am going to believe that Sekac is being told not to shoot more just because I don't know what MT is telling him. That just makes no sense at all. Not even a little. Do you think MT is telling him not to score goals and that's why he's not doing it? Why would you even question that sine you don't know what MT is or isn't telling him. Maybe MT is telling him to shoot more and since he's not he's taken him out of the lineup. I don't really care what MT is telling him, at the end of the day he needs to produce and just like a number of his fellow Habs he's not getting it done for whatever reason. I blame Sekac, feel free to blame whoever you want. I wouldn't give him 4th line minutes either but I don't see the harm in giving him a night off.

who spoke of "beliefs"? I stated repeatidely that we don't know. You are the onewho is emphatic that it MUST be the players fault. I'm simply pointing out to you that without greater knowledge, it's pretty difficult to make that claim with such certainty.

I don't know what MT is telling him, but i do know that he is using him extremmely poorly if his goal was to build the young/new-to-the-NHL player who shocked everyone and showed he deserved a top-9 slot out of camp.

again, to repeat, no issue with him getting "a night off". the issue is how he's being used when he is in the lineup. of which you oddly seem to agree with, yet don't seem able to connect the dots to the sole person responsible for how the players get used on the ice???

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
did you ever stop to think you are over exaggerating it?

for me, the player himself has shown a compete & confidence level that renders further talk of the "need" to ease him in pretty moot.
he's already shown he can play and produce at the NHL level. He's shown (to himself most importantly) that he can handle the physical play and the targeted baffoonery.
his pretty consistent displays of holding himself to very high expectations reveal an athlete who is hungry for more, not less.
and yes, you can read these things out of an athlete's body language and reactions to vvarious in-game stresses.
not unlike Subban in his first pro season, you could tell from Galch's first few games at the NHL level that hte stage was not too big for him at all.

and the strongest evidence of all was his play when he did get moved to C… he showed more than enough performance and confidence to imply that there is no need to "shelter" him any more (beyond the potential benefit of having a big physical winger to run shotgun with him, but we don't have that luxury at this time lest we put him back with prust, which wouldn't be advisable).

just because you feel he's ready doesn't make it so. Perhaps management is concerned that it would be too much pressure come playoff time when things really get intense. Having to go up against the likes of Crosby while still trying it figure it out might not be the best for him. I just don't see the big deal if easing him into but if you want him moved to center now good for you.

Stress is a good thing… nay, a NECESSARY thing for a young athlete to work through if there is any hope of them one day becoming elite level with any consistency.

sure, you don't want to "rush" or "overwhelm" a kid who isn't ready, but we are past that point with Galch. At 180 games in, and already relied on as one of our key offensive producers, there is no additional risk of having him C one of our top-3 lines… specially if his line is the 4th on the list in terms of matching up vs tough opposition.
and beyond that, he's already as, if not more, effetive than DD is as an "end-to-end" C.

I'm sure you are an expert on stress and it's effects on every single player. You say there's no risk, I say that's foolish if you actually believe it.

completely difference scenario. Goalies getting injured is a far bigger rarity than a skater, and the need that top goalies have to play a high volume of games to stay at the top of their game, precludes any kind of "splitting". Terrible comparison.

Galch is not a rookie. eller is not a rookie. and as for the others, it is precisely because of the importance of each game that the coach should be looking to play the best lineup he can ice as often as he can.

That our lineup is/would be better with Andreghetto or Sekac in a top-6 role, both immediately and long-term/with-an-eye-on-the-playoffs, than it is using Weise there and those types of players in bottom-6 roles, is painfully evident.

but the "every game is important" rhetoric is not quite how coaches of top ranked teams operate. Loathe as they are to admit it, there is always an eye on the playoff prep in making their lineup decisions… wether it be to test out combos, get aging vets additional rest time, manage minutes of guys that will need to play massive minutes, or getting young players battle tested ahead of time.

either way you slice it, our current approach lacks any logical/strategic direction.

I don't know how you came to the conclusion that our lineup would be better with Ghetto in the top 6 since he's only played a small handful of games. This team should be looking to win with vets not prospects. Sekac perhaps if he was more consistent. We need scorers badly.

I'm sure you know how top coaches operate as well.

- not sure how many games you do get to catch, but with our coach, this could never be an issue. He regularly changes lines up in-game. having a guy like Thomas play his minutes on a "top-6" line could easily be done without his minutes going over the 12-14mark. Weise started the game on the "top line", and finished the night with less than 10minutes despite not taking any penalties or getting hurt.

you can't get so caught up with the EA hockey notion of lines. It is quite easy for a coach to integrate a young player into the lineup while using them exclusively in select roles… wether it be a grinding guy being used only in "energy" shifts or PK duties, or an offensively gifted guy getting used opportunisitically in o-zone starts with top-6 caliber linemates.

not something you get into when you have a very solid/deep top-9… of course… but when you are as thin as we are at W in the top-9? AND you have an injury? Then it's a no-brainer.

Thomas hasn't done anything to impress me enough to put him in the top 6, just don't see it happening on this team. To me he shouldn't be in the lineup at all.

who spoke of "beliefs"? I stated repeatidely that we don't know. You are the onewho is emphatic that it MUST be the players fault. I'm simply pointing out to you that without greater knowledge, it's pretty difficult to make that claim with such certainty.

I don't know what MT is telling him, but i do know that he is using him extremmely poorly if his goal was to build the young/new-to-the-NHL player who shocked everyone and showed he deserved a top-9 slot out of camp.

again, to repeat, no issue with him getting "a night off". the issue is how he's being used when he is in the lineup. of which you oddly seem to agree with, yet don't seem able to connect the dots to the sole person responsible for how the players get used on the ice???

And since we don't know what goes on behind the scenes it makes sense to blame the player when they aren't scoring instead of coming up with some half baked theory that maybe the coach is telling him not to shoot more. It's pretty simple, I watch the games, I see we need more scoring, I see a bunch of players not getting the job done, I blame the players on the ice.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
just because you feel he's ready doesn't make it so. Perhaps management is concerned that it would be too much pressure come playoff time when things really get intense. Having to go up against the likes of Crosby while still trying it figure it out might not be the best for him. I just don't see the big deal if easing him into but if you want him moved to center now good for you.

just because you think it would be risky, doesn't make it so… what's your point in saying that?

i gave you specific reasons for my opinion, if you don't care to rebut or respond to them, fine, no need to reply with inane comments.

and what's with the silly Crosby comment? completely nonsensical.

I'm sure you are an expert on stress and it's effects on every single player. You say there's no risk, I say that's foolish if you actually believe it.

not an expert, just someone who has a wealth of directly related experience with the subject matter.

managing stress is not rocket science. if you care to read up on it, a great starting point is the book Choke by S.Beilock.

also, no one said there is no side effects. come on now, you're usually much better than that…

but to think that an elite athlete can succeed WITHOUT stress isn't foolish, it's flat out stupid.

I don't know how you came to the conclusion that our lineup would be better with Ghetto in the top 6 since he's only played a small handful of games. This team should be looking to win with vets not prospects. Sekac perhaps if he was more consistent. We need scorers badly.

I'm sure you know how top coaches operate as well.

again, you seem to have not actually read or understood what i posted.

My point has consitently been in this back-and-forth that the coaching staff has not put our young players in the best position to succeed, and this despite having holes in precisely the areas that said youngsters will inevitably make the NHL (if they do at all).

better to leave them in Hamilton than call them up and screw with their confidence.

was it not you, yourself, who pointed out that ghetto's play had dropped considerably since returning from montreal?

could be a number of things, or could be the obvious one.

and yes, actually, i do have a ton of experience dealing with and learning from elite coaches from a broad spectrum of sports.

Thomas hasn't done anything to impress me enough to put him in the top 6, just don't see it happening on this team. To me he shouldn't be in the lineup at all.

sure, but if you had been paying attention to his actual play IN the NHL, since being called up, you may have a different conclusion… he has played well enough to warrant a longer look in our current top-9. that's not to say he's a permanent solution, only that we have holes, and he has shown enough glimpses of the kind of skill we need to TRY to address them in the short term.

And since we don't know what goes on behind the scenes it makes sense to blame the player when they aren't scoring instead of coming up with some half baked theory that maybe the coach is telling him not to shoot more. It's pretty simple, I watch the games, I see we need more scoring, I see a bunch of players not getting the job done, I blame the players on the ice.

:laugh: that's rich.

so your assumption that all the blame should fall on the player, outside of any evidence beyond the simple stat line, is solid as rock… anything opposed to that = half baked.

you;d think that someone who apparently watches so much hockey would have evolved something beyond the don cherry approach to analysing/understanding what's happening on the ice…

player didn't score. player not getting job done. player suck. you are right, very simple indeed :laugh:

yeah, sorry i wasted both of our time here, won't fall into that trap again.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Not at all, I'm just asking what was the point of it? There's always a purpose to bringing up a fact in a discussion, right? So I assumed you were using it to favor a DD-Max duo, if I'm wrong then please feel free to correct me and tell me why you brought up this fact.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
just because you think it would be risky, doesn't make it so… what's your point in saying that?

i gave you specific reasons for my opinion, if you don't care to rebut or respond to them, fine, no need to reply with inane comments.

and what's with the silly Crosby comment? completely nonsensical.

You go on and on as if you know best. I don't agree that putting Galchenyuk at center right now would be the best move. As I said I don't see the issue with easing him in.

As for Crosby comment, how the hell is that nonsensical, think of the playoff teams top players and that's who he's going to have to shutdown as the #1 center at least on the road. Maybe the coaching staff doesn't think he's ready. Either way I think it could be a factor.

not an expert, just someone who has a wealth of directly related experience with the subject matter.

managing stress is not rocket science. if you care to read up on it, a great starting point is the book Choke by S.Beilock.

also, no one said there is no side effects. come on now, you're usually much better than that…

but to think that an elite athlete can succeed WITHOUT stress isn't foolish, it's flat out stupid.

who said elite athlete's can succeed without stress, why put words in my mouth that I never said.

again, you seem to have not actually read or understood what i posted.

My point has consitently been in this back-and-forth that the coaching staff has not put our young players in the best position to succeed, and this despite having holes in precisely the areas that said youngsters will inevitably make the NHL (if they do at all).

better to leave them in Hamilton than call them up and screw with their confidence.

was it not you, yourself, who pointed out that ghetto's play had dropped considerably since returning from montreal?

could be a number of things, or could be the obvious one.

and yes, actually, i do have a ton of experience dealing with and learning from elite coaches from a broad spectrum of sports.

It would make things easier if you just posted MT sucks since that's what you seem to be getting at. I agree that leaving them in Hamilton instead of messing with the confidence is good.

sure, but if you had been paying attention to his actual play IN the NHL, since being called up, you may have a different conclusion… he has played well enough to warrant a longer look in our current top-9. that's not to say he's a permanent solution, only that we have holes, and he has shown enough glimpses of the kind of skill we need to TRY to address them in the short term.

who says I haven't been paying attention? Like your opinion is the only one that's right? I don't agree that he's shown enough to warrant a longer look as he just isn't getting it done and shouldn't have been called up in the first place. This place is about discussing opinions, you have yours and I have mine. You want Thomas in the top 9 good for you, I don't.

:laugh: that's rich. so your assumption that all the blame should fall on the player, outside of any evidence beyond the simple stat line, is solid as rock… anything opposed to that = half baked.

you;d think that someone who apparently watches so much hockey would have evolved something beyond the don cherry approach to analysing/understanding what's happening on the ice…

player didn't score. player not getting job done. player suck. you are right, very simple indeed :laugh:

yeah, sorry i wasted both of our time here, won't fall into that trap again.

Yes I blame the blame the player when they fail to produce.

Not at all, I'm just asking what was the point of it? There's always a purpose to bringing up a fact in a discussion, right? So I assumed you were using it to favor a DD-Max duo, if I'm wrong then please feel free to correct me and tell me why you brought up this fact.

Who says there has to be a point, a fact can be just a fact. Next time try not assuming things.

HabsDieHard*

Since the 2013/2014 season started Desharnais has 24 power play points in 346 minutes of power play time.

That's 1 point every 14.45 minutes.

He has 5 goals and 19 assists.

10 of those assists are secondary.

To the Desharnais fan boys, I say..."Your move" :)

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Who says there has to be a point, a fact can be just a fact. Next time try not assuming things.
So in the middle of a discussion about lines and maybe switching Max-DD, you bring up the fact that Max had his best year with DD for no point whatsoever??
Don't insult my intelligence please.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Since the 2013/2014 season started Desharnais has 24 power play points in 346 minutes of power play time.

That's 1 point every 14.45 minutes.

He has 5 goals and 19 assists.

10 of those assists are secondary.

To the Desharnais fan boys, I say..."Your move" :)

Curious, is there a website that tracks secondary/primary assists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad