Prospect Info: Dawson Mercer (#18 pick - 2020 draft)

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I don`t think Mercer in the place to win Calder.
3rd center is a tough job to win a calder. Especially if he will play full season with Johnsson. I can imagine if he will find chemistry with Nico or Jack as a right winger, and his center will have a big year - everything can goin on. But as a third line center - hard to imagine that.

I don't see how Johnsson keeps his job on a deeper Devils team than last year unless he improves his play. Personally, I would have liked to see Mercer between Kuokkanen and Vesey to start the year. But Mercer is not a "reliant" player -- he does so much himself: retrieve pucks, win battles, make plays. All Johnsson has to do is not cough the puck up and put his head down and go to the net.

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
When you're a Newfie, the question is: "You be from town or bay?" when wondering where a person you just met lives. No, I'm not kidding. When you see someone you know on the street, you greet them with: "whaddya at?" The answer is usually "this is it".

In New Orleans the colloquial greeting is “where y’at?” Folks that tend to speak that way are called “yats”.

dirty_magic

Feb 6, 2007
Yellowknife, NT
When you're a Newfie, the question is: "You be from town or bay?" when wondering where a person you just met lives. No, I'm not kidding. When you see someone you know on the street, you greet them with: "whaddya at?" The answer is usually "this is it".

Long may your big jib draw Dawson. Congrats me son! From an Honourary Newfoundlander!

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I don't see how Johnsson keeps his job on a deeper Devils team than last year unless he improves his play. Personally, I would have liked to see Mercer between Kuokkanen and Vesey to start the year. But Mercer is not a "reliant" player -- he does so much himself: retrieve pucks, win battles, make plays. All Johnsson has to do is not cough the puck up and put his head down and go to the net.

After we acquired him I remember watching his prior years highlights and it felt like a majority of his goals were in close near the crease and scored off rebounds. He displays some quick hands and some slick moves. We got none of that from him last year. Offensively it was like he was fighting himself all year (insert joke here about him refusing to stick up for teammates and fight the opponents :laugh:).

Reactions: StevenToddIves

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad