Confirmed with Link: Davidson sign 2-year extension @1.425

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009
Awesome deal. I was really wondering what would happen with his next contract and couldn't be happier.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
You have to believe with previous management and coaching staff he (Davidson) could've been thrown by the wayside in this whole thing. Although it's also true there is a noticeable difference in his ability from call ups past to this season, looks like a completely different player. Very happy to have Mr. Davidson.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
it's the perfect deal for a player like him. Considering his pedigree, it would be silly to give him anything long term. At least if he regresses the stakes will be low. This deal also expires at the same time as McDavid's ELC, so there's no way that Davidson's deal could impact our future cap layout. Of course, he could also catch fire and then we've got to pay up big time on his next deal, but that's a nice problem to have.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Great deal! Super likeable guy, has been awesome for us lately. Could be a bargain in the second year if he keeps up this level of play. Full marks for this one.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Guys on either 1260\630 showed a couple comparables and said they expect a 1.3-1.8 million dollar deal for 2 seasons. Pretty bang on to what I had expected as well.

dookers9

Mar 30, 2008
Edmonton
Count me as tickled about the deal.

Very impressed with his composure and puck-moving decisions so far. Huge cannon of a shot too.

I like.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Love the deal.

Davidson plays with a grit that we don't get to see around here often. He went toe to toe with Clutterbuck a few times throughout the game. So refreshening to see a guy who will not back down. Especially with such little experience.

He doesn't panic with the puck either. Just the extra second he and Oesterle take to get a handle on the puck and make the right play is so critical. It's weird seeing guys like Fayne who have been in the league for a long time struggle to do the same thing

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
I would argue that Klefbom and Sekera have been equally as good or better. However arguing which defenceman has been the best is a good problem to have. One that we have not had in a long, long time.

Klefbom was doing really well too. **** I want both in at the same time.

Last edited:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Current Davidson vs where Klefbom left off it a tough one. Klefbom had some better offensive #s but he was shooting at a really high level, almost highest for D in the NHL.

When Klefbom comes back theyll be close

Maybe im a bit on a JD and low on Sekera, but Davidson has been better almost every game for the past 15 games

Itll be interesting to see how he responds to Klefbom taking minutes away. Some D do better as the go to guys actually and sort of regress in softer minutes. Parayko on Blues is a great example. A stud when in second pairing, bit of a step back in 3rd pairing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad