Confirmed with Link: Davidson sign 2-year extension @1.425

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
Happy to see a bridge deal. No problem paying Davidson on a bigger contract if he keeps progressing once this deal is done.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
If only Reinhardt will shine. Hopes for his skate training to help this summer.

We are looking quite good next year if nobody gets hurt. One more good D and playoffs here we come.

Good signing for Davidson and the Oilers.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Good deal. I really didn't want to lock into a long-term just yet with Davidson. Another year of this type of play and we can do it knowing a lot more about the player.

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003
This is the perfect deal. So glad to have him signed, can't wait to see what he can do over the next couple of years.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Typically im not a fan of bridge deals and would have liked to go longer. But hard to complain with this one. 1.45 will be quite the steal the next 2 seasons.

Bridge deals are risky if the player breaks out, ala Subban, but it also keeps them hungry and determined to earn that next deal.

Heres hoping Davidson keeps it up because this season hes been pretty amazing

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Typically im not a fan of bridge deals and would have liked to go longer. But hard to complain with this one. 1.45 will be quite the steal the next 2 seasons.

Bridge deals are risky if the player breaks out, ala Subban, but it also keeps them hungry and determined to earn that next deal.

Heres hoping Davidson keeps it up because this season hes been pretty amazing
Even if he breaks out I don't think his high end is something that is going to really hurt us financially. And if he does somehow turn out to be a top pairing guy then that's quite amazing

BleedingOil

Dec 4, 2006
Edmonton
Petry could've most likely been signed to a cheapish contract if MacT hadn't been unbelievably stupid and give him a 1 year "prove it" deal when Petry was a year away from UFA (which is where Davidson will be 2 years from now). I don't think Chia will make that mistake...

Maybe if he didnt have an agent, or a really bad one

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I would have been happy with 8 years/80 million but I can learn to like this deal.

lol. Brandon, when did you start posting here? :laugh:

Chia is very, very impressive. This team hasn't had a professional, competent GM in over a decade.

This is what we should expect from a GM. Starting to feel pride in this team again.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Smokin deal! Kinda wish it was for more for some strange reason...

I can understand why. if he turns out as good as he looks, would be cool to have him locked up long term.

but this seems to be a very fair price for someone that it appears we can trust as a likely 3/4 guy.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I can understand why. if he turns out as good as he looks, would be cool to have him locked up long term.

but this seems to be a very fair price for someone that it appears we can trust as a likely 3/4 guy.

Davidson keeping up this level of play for 4/5 years is a big if at this point. Which is why I'm good with a two years term.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Good stuff. He and Oesterle look like a good pairing, hope they keep it up.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
We need some value contracts. This is great.

And what a great story for Davidson. He's come a heck of a long way.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Solid. Couldn't be happier how he has progressed this season. I've also noticed him gaining more confidence and starting to jump into the play on offence lately as well.

Now if only Kevin Quinn can learn the difference between Number 97 and Number 88.. I'll be happy.

Tazer19

May 24, 2012
Yeah, but is his agent?

His agent is probably happier than a pig in poo that he got an extension. Even if he keeps up his play, i bet we sign him for a cap friendly deal of something to the tune of 4-5 years at less than 4 mill per.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Yeah, but is his agent?

One year doesnt make a career. One year, outside of UFA, means NOTHING in negotiations.

This is exactly the contract he deserves. he deserves a one way with slight raise. if he can do three consistent years...he will get the money.

Stop with the petry comparisons. Petry is a bigger Justin Schultz pylon who is lucky he is in the weakest division in Montreal where his ability to wave at players is applauded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad