Recalled/Assigned: David Van der Gulik Recalled from Lake Erie

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Hishon? Really? IMO, he should just play big minutes in AHL and try to stay healthy..

Hishon has played more games than DVG this season.... Not the reason though. Adding some skill back onto the team would be the reason. If MacKinnon and ROR were both out (thankfully that isn't the case) the skill would drop tremendously on the team.

member 116861

Good for DVdG. This might also mean that we get more Mitchell so that is awesome.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Not sure why this is good news for O'Reilly...wasn't Tanguay originally stated as "Out day-to-day"? I'm concerned, hopefully I'm just being overly pessimistic, but I'm still concerned.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Not sure why this is good news for O'Reilly...wasn't Tanguay originally stated as "Out day-to-day"? I'm concerned, hopefully I'm just being overly pessimistic, but I'm still concerned.

He came back to play last night. If it was really serious, I don't think that would have happened.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
He went back in the game and they only called up one person. I don't like the thought of O'Reilly out, it is a bit of a surprise. I don't think Tanguay was ever day to day, it got changed to indefinitely pretty quick if it was. Roy was maybe optimistic that night but I don't think he was the next day.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
This attitude, and it's not just you, is wrong to me.

If a first liner finesse type guy goes down with an injury, you do no call up a guy to take his place. You call up a guy who the coach thinks is playing well and you slot him onto the 4th line. The guys who are already playing in the NHL are better than the guys in the AHL or they would be in swapped positions. The guys already playing will get moved up and the call up in their place.
I don't see the big deal. Plenty of teams do it and it works out well. The Avs didn't here, and that's fine, but I don't really agree with it. We just lost a guy who plays on our top line and a top PP unit, and lost a lot of skill to replace it with a journeyman minor league guy. The skill level on the team takes a serious hit. I'd much rather replace it with a skilled forward when were already missing Tanguay and Parenteau on top of ROR.

Tanguay wasn't day to day. He was announced as two weeks then would be reevaluated.

member 116861

I don't see the big deal. Plenty of teams do it and it works out well. The Avs didn't here, and that's fine, but I don't really agree with it. We just lost a guy who plays on our top line and a top PP unit, and lost a lot of skill to replace it with a journeyman minor league guy. The skill level on the team takes a serious hit. I'd much rather replace it with a skilled forward when were already missing Tanguay and Parenteau on top of ROR.

Tanguay wasn't day to day. He was announced as two weeks then would be reevaluated.

The way I see it is that we now have a top 6 and a bottom 6. Van der Gulik won't take O'Reilly's spot. MacKinnon will take his spot and Van der Gulik will play on the 4th line.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Plenty of teams do it because they have guys in their farm who's good enough to play NHL top 6. They are often better suited than the bottom 6 guys who are already in the NHL ex: Palmieri for the Ducks last year. That's not the case for us. John Mitchell is a better top 6 player than anybody in the AHL.

viach

Aug 5, 2007
pffff

adater ‏@adater 1'
Sorry, Ryan O'Reilly may actually play tomorrow. Day to day, not practicing today, but not out of question he's in tomorrow

viach

Aug 5, 2007
stupid dater

adater ‏@adater 4 min
O'Reilly day-to-day with bizarre shoulder injury

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
John Mitchell is a better top 6 player than anybody in the AHL.
That may very well be the case, but we've all seen John Mitchell in a top 6 role and on the PP, and it's not a pretty sight. Holding onto the puck, not passing to his far more talented line mates, etc. Mitchell is fine in a reduced role, not in a top 6 role. At least give a minor league guy a shot who has skill to play in the top 6. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out, but we know Mitchell in the top 6 doesn't work well.

If ROR plays, none of this matters though.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I'd rather see Sgarbossa, Hishon, Agozzino, Smith... Malone, hell even McLeod get a top 6 shot before Mitchell.

It isn't pretty, he just puck hogs, skates to the blue line and there's a 50/50 chance he turns it over trying to dump it back in.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I totally see the logic in calling up Hishon with our scoring depth taking such a big hit, but really, the kid missed over a year of hockey and is still chipping away. I'm okay with them keeping him down and seeing if he can stay consistent and healthy before throwing him into the big leagues.

captaincheese

The BillDozer ~ PS4
Nov 1, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario
Everyones got Arnasons scapegoat glasses on.

Saying you rather see Mcleod in the top 6 over Mitchell? [MOD EDIT ~ BT]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad