Harrington - Peeke
Kukan

Merzlikins, Korpisalo

sign Gavrikov 2.0 x2
sign Shore 1.0 x1

23 man roster, 90k under the cap

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think the Jackets look to keep their top-4 of Werenski / Jones and Gavrikov / Savard together for the next 3-5 years. If a move were to happen, I would expect that it would include one of the guys on their 3rd pairing ,(Murray, Nutivaara, or Kukan). I think Peeke is developed more slowly and continues to get 3rd pairing minutes for the next year to two.

Does Seattle get a say in that?

Reactions: BlackFrancis

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Werenski - Doughty
Gavrikov - Jones
Harrington - Peeke
Kukan

Have you been following Doughty the last couple years? He's not a great defender anymore, and maybe not even a good one. Just no passion and not a guy that has worked hard off ice throughout his career, it has maybe caught up to him. He wouldn't be needed or wanted in Columbus. He makes $11m a year. It's $21m a year for just Kopitar and Doughty, obviously not something teams would want to acquire.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Does Seattle get a say in that?
Not really. I think the Jackets will protect Jones, Werenski and Gavrikov. Savard will be a UFA at the end of next season and so I doubt Seattle selects him. They are more likely to select whichever of Murray / Kukan / Nutivaara does not get traded. Peeke meanwhile is exempt.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Having trouble finding good ones that would involve Savard, or would be available at all. I have some interest in going after Domi, for example, but Montreal isn't exactly lacking in quality RHDs. And the Monahan rumors are of course interesting, but naturally he'd be expensive as f*** to acquire.

And Tierney's actually short of my standards; I was more thinking of the "and picks" on that one. A better example of the type of guy I'd go for would be someone like Henrique, except Henrique's contract worries me greatly. And I'm not willing to go anywhere near either of the Stromes; they're both entirely the product of superstar wingers. So there's not many options.

Most probable outcome is that we end up tossing Foudy and/or Texier out there, and hoping Jenner can help bring 'em up to speed quickly enough.

That was part of the reason I asked, because at least for me it seems WAY harder to find an availible 2c than it is to find a guy like Savard. I am also interested to see if any deals are found that makes sense though because the idea is intriguing to me

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
twitch.gif

aargh4.gif

gripe.gif

:pullhair:
chainsaw.gif

:scared:
frustrated.gif

:banghead:
typerhappy.gif

pissed.gif

:loony:
;)

...actually, if we get that #2C out of the deal, I wouldn't mind too terribly much.

* * *​

ERROR: #2C or draft picks not found

* * *​

I still want Kadri, but I'd be surprised if Colorado was willing to do that.

Kadri is better than Savard, so I’m not sure how that would work.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Middle is a bust at this point, they would be wise to move him ASAP before he is actually worthless

I mean he’s a 21yr old who was rushed to the league as a 19-20yr old.

As a kid drafted out of high school who needed conditioning they admittedly jacked up his development. Doesn’t mean he won’t turn into a solid top-6 center.
Reminds me a lot of Kyle Turris. He’ll need time.

LazyCircuits

Dec 14, 2019
Europia

As a kid drafted out of high school who needed conditioning they admittedly jacked up his development. Doesn’t mean he won’t turn into a solid top-6 center.
All of which is very reasonable and definitely a reason for a team to try and acquire him but that team probably won’t be Columbus.

The forward core has quite a few young guys already and adding more who could be really good in the future is more of the same. The game plan appears to be waiting for Texier, Foudy or both to develop into a second line centre.

I agree with the analysis of Mittelstadt and he is a player I like but I think Jarmo K would more likely try to receive someone further along in their development for Savard.

Reactions: Viqsi

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA

Idk if I would use Turris as your example of success lol

Reactions: Fro

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Does he come with an extension? I dont know if you guys would be interested in Johnsson/Kerfoot. I would be hesitant to offer Kapanen for a soon-to-be 30 year old, but I would be willing to work something out.

I'll echo the idea of Kerfoot because he's a center. I'm not sure how he'd be viewed by CBJ though and wouldn't be offended by the suggestion that he's more of a 3C.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'll echo the idea of Kerfoot because he's a center. I'm not sure how he'd be viewed by CBJ though and wouldn't be offended by the suggestion that he's more of a 3C.
We've made that suggestion before. Many times, in fact. ;)

In general, we just don't see him as an upgrade on the guys we already have.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Pierre Luc Dubois
Alex Wennberg
Brandon Dubinsky's corpse
Josh Anderson
Liam Foudy
CBJ 2020 1st
for
Anze Kopitar
Drew Doughty
CBJ 2020 3rd (previously aquired)

David Savard
for
CBJ 2020 2nd (previously aquired)
CBJ 2021 2nd (previously aquired)

Ryan Murray
Markus Nutivaara
for
Nikita Gusev
Michael Mcleod
CBJ 2022 5th (previously aquired)

Gusev - Kopitar - Bjorkstrand
Foligno - Jenner - Atkinson
Robinson - Nash - Nyquist
Matteau - Texier - Bemstrom
Shore, Mcleod

Werenski - Doughty
Gavrikov - Jones
Harrington - Peeke
Kukan

Merzlikins, Korpisalo

sign Gavrikov 2.0 x2
sign Shore 1.0 x1

23 man roster, 90k under the cap

What did you just do

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
We've made that suggestion before. Many times, in fact. ;)

In general, we just don't see him as an upgrade on the guys we already have.
OK. No worries. I haven't followed many trade threads from different teams. That's a pretty large undertaking.

I just wondered if there might be something that could be added that would make a trade involving Kerfoot more palatable? If the answer is no, that's OK too.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Berstrom and Savard for Gaudette, Stecher and Baertschi?

(I value Gaudette as a near certain 2C, Stecher as a top six RHD, and Baertschi as a single year cap dump, worth ~2.3 in the minors).

Gaudette and Baertschi for Savard and MacInnis(please enlighten me if I'm wrong here, MacInnis is a bottom line C/AHL call up, correct?)?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
OK. No worries. I haven't followed many trade threads from different teams. That's a pretty large undertaking.

I just wondered if there might be something that could be added that would make a trade involving Kerfoot more palatable? If the answer is no, that's OK too.
As things presently stand, I can't think of anything. That could change as other moves and news comes in, but right now... :dunno:

* * *​

(I value Gaudette as a near certain 2C, Stecher as a top six RHD, and Baertschi as a single year cap dump, worth ~2.3 in the minors).

Gaudette and Baertschi for Savard and MacInnis(please enlighten me if I'm wrong here, MacInnis is a bottom line C/AHL call up, correct?)?
Gaudette is definitely interesting (although I'd wonder what sort of contract he's expecting; that could end up torpedoing any interest if he's expecting a lot), but swapping Savard for Stecher is a concern because Stecher isn't anywhere near the defensive stalwart Savard is - we've got a lot of offense-producing defensemen already, after all. So I'm kind of "meh".

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

You can forget about Bemstrom.

The second deal might work. I really don't know what to make of Gaudette. I don't have much doubt that he can score 40+ pts but they'll have to do their homework on his complete game and see whether they want him as a 2C. I'm already on record preferring to bet on Texier as 2C, so there's not much need to go for Gaudette unless they really like him.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Gaudette is definitely interesting (although I'd wonder what sort of contract he's expecting; that could end up torpedoing any interest if he's expecting a lot), but swapping Savard for Stecher is a concern because Stecher isn't anywhere near the defensive stalwart Savard is - we've got a lot of offense-producing defensemen already, after all. So I'm kind of "meh".

In line with our team structure, I'd be thinking below 2.5 for two or three seasons, perhaps as low as 2 million even. Stecher is no stalwart, but he has a great sense of play, has filled in well as a top 4 for extended stints, has a great motor, and my only real complaint as a 4/5/6 guy is his size. His defensive play is above average but no one would get him confused with Tanev on this team.

You can forget about Bemstrom.

The second deal might work. I really don't know what to make of Gaudette. I don't have much doubt that he can score 40+ pts but they'll have to do their homework on his complete game and see whether they want him as a 2C. I'm already on record preferring to bet on Texier as 2C, so there's not much need to go for Gaudette unless they really like him.

My autocorrect is hyperactive, but I wanted to gauge value. If Bemstrom and Texier are sticking around, and they seem to be developping well, then I suppose I am curious as to why a 2C is the enthusiastic return some Blue Jackets are looking for? Thats not me being smart, I'm honestly curious.

As for Gaudette, I see him as a 20 goal, 50 poimt guy if we can get him a left winger, and/or some top six time. He's playing well with Virtanen, and I'd love to see a skilled LW for them to play with, but our D is kind of all over the place right now. Keeping Tanev and adding Savard would keep things locked down a lot better for us, but if its not a fit, I am very happy to keep Gaudette.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
My autocorrect is hyperactive, but I wanted to gauge value. If Bemstrom and Texier are sticking around, and they seem to be developping well, then I suppose I am curious as to why a 2C is the enthusiastic return some Blue Jackets are looking for? Thats not me being smart, I'm honestly curious.

As for Gaudette, I see him as a 20 goal, 50 poimt guy if we can get him a left winger, and/or some top six time. He's playing well with Virtanen, and I'd love to see a skilled LW for them to play with, but our D is kind of all over the place right now. Keeping Tanev and adding Savard would keep things locked down a lot better for us, but if its not a fit, I am very happy to keep Gaudette.
Because Bemstrom is developing as a wing, and that might also be where Texier ultimately ends up - the plan was to have him take a few more minutes at C as the season went on, but then he became one of our earlier injury casualties.

Reactions: Cogburn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad