Value of: David Savard @ TDL

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'd love to have Savard as well but I'd hate to gut the center depth. That being said, even if the Jackets retain salary, I don't see any player that makes sense on top of picks.

That was an off season deal I don't think teams would be giving up roster players at the deadline

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
That was an off season deal I don't think teams would be giving up roster players at the deadline
Oh, I understand. But it makes about as much sense now as it did then. It probably doesn't make much sense now for a team in Canada to trade with an American team. 2 weeks of quarantine is 4-5 games that player will miss.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I would think a lot of teams have handshake resign deals because of expansion

CLB has 3 D to protect so they wait till after expansion to resign

If they are close or in a playoff spot he goes no where but value is likely a 2nd and decent young bottom 6 player

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Oh, I understand. But it makes about as much sense now as it did then. It probably doesn't make much sense now for a team in Canada to trade with an American team. 2 weeks of quarantine is 4-5 games that player will miss.

If a team is in a position to acquire him they won't need him for 4 or 5 games they want him for the playoffs besides the vaccine is here, it's not wide spread yet but it's here maybe by April the vaccinemore readily available and maybe this is on the verge of ending.

Maybe I'm fast tracking it a bit here, maybe April is to soon but I do see a light at the end of the tunnel

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
If a team is in a position to acquire him they won't need him for 4 or 5 games they want him for the playoffs besides the vaccine is here, it's not wide spread yet but it's here maybe by April the vaccinemore readily available and maybe this is on the verge of ending.

Maybe I'm fast tracking it a bit here, maybe April is to soon but I do see a light at the end of the tunnel
I hope you're right but I'm not banking on a vaccine right now. The Canadian and American governments haven't done a great job dispensing it. I'm 34, I'm hoping I can get it by mid-summer tbh.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
This year will make the TDL very suspect. If there are Canadian and US teams that want to consider a deal it will be earlier than the trade deadline due to the Covid protocols and quarantine. I'm quite certain the bigger moves will be before the TDL so teams are really going to need to know where they stand. Savard easily gets a 1st regardless of when he is traded (if traded). Not many D-men like him are going to be available and he's a player you win with in the playoffs.

Reactions: HostileCapSpace

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I hope you're right but I'm not banking on a vaccine right now. The Canadian and American governments haven't done a great job dispensing it. I'm 34, I'm hoping I can get it by mid-summer tbh.

My point was it IS here i'm 33 I will be 34 in April I'm hoping I can get it in June or July

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I do not know his value, but I could see the flyers being interested even before the trade deadline if they keep losing dmen or at the deadline if it seems like we have a good shot this year. Their D currently is trash.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I really do. I'd expect the value to be extremely high.
For sure we will circle back to see who is in playoff hunt come TDL. But as of today at minimum Oilers, Pens, Flyers, Jets, Nucks need another d-man. And Montour does nothing for me as rental. Pens and Flyers should not be looking at say a Risto because they would lose him in ED and that is stupid x100000 unless sabers are cap dumping.

2 2's at minimum is a reasonable ask for Savard.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't see many rentals getting 1st round picks including Savard, the only guys I can see getting 1st rounders are Taylor Hall and if Carolina Struggles Dougie Hamilton that's it.

I, think part teams will want guys under contract through at least next season if they are parting with a 1st.

I could see 2 2nds for Savard but not a 1st

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
How about Bozak($1.5 mil retained)+Dunn for Savard+prospect?

I’m assuming PLD will be gone by then, so you guys would get a middle 6 center for the final part of his contract. Dunn would be a long term piece obviously.

Blues could really use Savard on the PK and 3rd pairing. Also when Tarasenko gets back, the top 9 gets extremely crowded with Kyrou emerging as an every night player.

For other Blues fans, they would go with this for a playoff run

Hoffman-O’Reilly-Perron
Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou
Sanford-Thomas-Tarasenko
Clifford/Blais-Barbashev-Sundqvist

Krug-Parayko
Scandella-Faulk
Mikkola-Savard
Gunnarsson, Bortuzzo

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
How about Bozak($1.5 mil retained)+Dunn for Savard+prospect?

I’m assuming PLD will be gone by then, so you guys would get a middle 6 center for the final part of his contract. Dunn would be a long term piece obviously.

Blues could really use Savard on the PK and 3rd pairing. Also when Tarasenko gets back, the top 9 gets extremely crowded with Kyrou emerging as an every night player.

For other Blues fans, they would go with this for a playoff run

Hoffman-O’Reilly-Perron
Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou
Sanford-Thomas-Tarasenko
Clifford/Blais-Barbashev-Sundqvist

Krug-Parayko
Scandella-Faulk
Mikkola-Savard
Gunnarsson, Bortuzzo
Dunn plays on the wrong side - we're pretty set long term at LD (two of our three protected guys there are going to be Werenski and Gavrikov). And Bozak doesn't really add much of anything at all to this team - we've got middle-6 and bottom-6 centers, we need that #1. And Savard would be kind of wasted on a third pairing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad