Speculation: David Savard, Cedric Paquette & Chris Wideman: UFAs Linked to Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldRIVER

Sep 21, 2017
You almost gave me a heart attack bud! :laugh: $5M AAV?

giphy.gif
Wow 3.5, boy was I wrong.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Arizona would take him for a pick.
Then why’s he still around? So the habs can have 10 million in cap and not use it?? The optics would be terrible. Read Dinos post. Molson probably set an internal cap this year. I completely believe this

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Wow 3.5, boy was I wrong.

It's all good. He's not terrible but we have to consider him a solution with Romanov on the bottom pairing. Go get Subban at 50% retention. I'd love this mix of D if we can pull it off.

Edmundson / Petry
Chiarot / Subban
Romanov / Savard

Kulak, Merrill

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Then why’s he still around? So the habs can have 10 million in cap and not use it?? The optics would be terrible. Read Dinos post. Molson probably set an internal cap this year. I completely believe this

If we spend a draft pick to move him, we don't pay his salary.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
If we spend a draft pick to move him, we don't pay his salary.
My point is thr Habs are going to have 7-8 million in cap after UFA and Kotkaniemi and leks sign. Why do they need the extra 3 off the books? To run a 71 million dollar team? Not happening.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
My point is thr Habs are going to have 7-8 million in cap after UFA and Kotkaniemi and leks sign. Why do they need the extra 3 off the books? To run a 71 million dollar team? Not happening.

We can use a top 6 forward and a number 1, 2, or 3 Dman.

If we need the cap space to acquire BOTH of those players, we can make it.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It's all good. He's not terrible but we have to consider him a solution with Romanov on the bottom pairing. Go get Subban at 50% retention. I'd love this mix of D if we can pull it off.

Edmundson / Petry
Chiarot / Subban
Romanov / Savard

Kulak, Merrill

I'll take Subban at full salary if the Devils give us a 2nd to do so.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'll take Subban at full salary if the Devils give us a 2nd.

I was thinking about that too. Not sure what that does to our cap structure and I assume we are cap spent then. KK would be forced to play 2C and Evans at 3C. Unless we were able to trade for Eichel with about $2M retenion and flip Drouin/KK the other way. That would even it out

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
We can use a top 6 forward and a number 1, 2, or 3 Dman.

If we need the cap space to acquire BOTH of those players, we can make it.
And we still have 7-8 million. Use that first. This team is set for the fall. Roster wise

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I was thinking about that too. Not sure what that does to our cap structure and I assume we are cap spent then. KK would be forced to play 2C and Evans at 3C. Unless we were able to trade for Eichel with about $2M retenion and flip Drouin/KK the other way. That would even it out

If, in the completely unlikely scenario we can get Eichel, I would like Buffalo to take back Drouin and Byron (8.9M in salary) in addition to the boat load of futures we give them. Buffalo aren't contending for the 2 years left on those two players' deals. So taking them on won't affect their cap. And they could flip them, either with salary retention or at next year's deadline for picks and/or prospects.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
And we still have 7-8 million. Use that first. This team is set for the fall. Roster wise

Yeah, but if opportunities present themselves to improve the team...

And we currently only have 7D, need 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad