Jan 22, 2007
Found this for European League salaries. IF you scroll down a bit

http://2112hockeyagency.com/play-in-europe.html

screen%20shot%202016-01-21%20at%20122928%20pm.jpg

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I don't agree with everything Wolski writes, but he is well informed and one of the Major agents for NAs in europe.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
My my my how the World has changed. Used to be back in the day that you hung around until the powers that be send you home.

Looks like guys now are pulling their own plug from time to time.

Back in the day, players would have cigarettes between periods.
Back in the day, players wouldn't wear helmets.

Back in the day, people were stupid.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Rant first, ask questions later...or just rant, don't listen, and rant some more.

Rundblad is gone, I don't care how, or what the implications are, he's gone and there is no way to spin that in a negative way.

1) That's just how the internet works :)

2) Agreed. 200k is a drop in the bucket and not even league minimum if it was indeed a buyout. As it stands now it's the difference between icing Gustaf Forsling and Nolan Valleau. If the core/higher support players play up to their standard that shouldn't matter.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
My my my how the World has changed. Used to be back in the day that you hung around until the powers that be send you home.

Looks like guys now are pulling their own plug from time to time.

You're acting like he's going back to Europe to take HVAC training. He'll be making an extremely comfortable living for the next decade and have control over his situation that he doesn't have here.

I'm pretty sure I'd tough out another year living in Rockford for a million dollars, but I don't really know because I'll never be in that position. Rundblad is doing Rundblad. Good luck to him, he always seemed to be a good soldier that just isn't good enough for this league. AAAA talent.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
You're acting like he's going back to Europe to take HVAC training. He'll be making an extremely comfortable living for the next decade and have control over his situation that he doesn't have here.

I'm pretty sure I'd tough out another year living in Rockford for a million dollars, but I don't really know because I'll never be in that position. Rundblad is doing Rundblad. Good luck to him, he always seemed to be a good soldier that just isn't good enough for this league. AAAA talent.

I'll take 1 mil to live here, easy.
Ive done it for free for 23 years (minus my time in college)

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I think it'd be pretty cool to hop around Europe for a few years playing hockey and making a few hundred K. Seeing the world, all those different cultures, women, food, architecture, history etc...

Why would anyone, and I mean this in full offense to Courtney, choose Rockford IL over that? :laugh:

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I think it'd be pretty cool to hop around Europe for a few years playing hockey and making a few hundred K. Seeing the world, all those different cultures, women, food, architecture, history etc...

Why would anyone, and I mean this in full offense to Courtney, choose Rockford IL over that? :laugh:

Because he could do the same thing a year later with an extra mill in the bank?

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford

BECAUSE WE HAVE.......
me? :shakehead

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Because he could do the same thing a year later with an extra mill in the bank?

Like I said, it's easy to say that on the outside looking in. A twenty five year old might not want to give up a year of his life traveling around the relative minor towns of a foreign country, especially when he's realistically going to make a few million over the next decade.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
It all might be a moot point anyway. He hasn't been bought out and his contract hasn't been mutually terminated. He very well may be riding busses around this year.

OT: both buses and busses are grammatically correct according to Google.

vegarover

Sep 1, 2015
Like I said, it's easy to say that on the outside looking in. A twenty five year old might not want to give up a year of his life traveling around the relative minor towns of a foreign country, especially when he's realistically going to make a few million over the next decade.

I don't know, Rockford itself is kind of a dump, but most of the teams in the AHL are in or close to major cities or urban centers. Chicago (Rosemont), Charlotte, New York City (Bridgeport), L.A. (Ontario), San Diego, Toronto, etc.

On top of that, a lot of the European teams play in kind of dinky cities. And being that Rundblad is European, he may think traveling around North America is as exciting as a North American might think traveling around Europe is. Who knows?

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I don't know, Rockford itself is kind of a dump, but most of the teams in the AHL are in or close to major cities or urban centers. Chicago (Rosemont), Charlotte, New York City (Bridgeport), L.A. (Ontario), San Diego, Toronto, etc.

On top of that, a lot of the European teams play in kind of dinky cities. And being that Rundblad is European, he may think traveling around North America is as exciting as a North American might think traveling around Europe is. Who knows?

There are some solid AHL cities, no doubt. Especially with some of the western additions.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
City itself isn't that much of a Problem.

Look at Germany for example.
You have lots of stuff to do on days off in the City you live in. If you go to Munich, Berlin or Cologne. You get good Money and the travel from North to south takes 7 hours at worst, in a bus. You have smaller towns, but most of them are within a 1 hour drive to the big Citys. Not to mention that you are near the alps, near Austria, France whatever.

Now imagine Swiss and living in the alps playing for great Money, passionate fans with some great Stadiums. Not To mention how beautiful that Country is. I've been there and it was amazing.

I can understand Players leaving NA, I think most of them should consider it if they won't have much Chances at the NHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad