Waived: David Rundblad

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Yep and now he can play in Europe and do this thing, The hawks did him a favor last year, and now this year he is helping us if it is a mutual, which it must be. News at 12:30

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
What is knee jerk here?

Lebrun tweet says buyout which is absolutely awful move

Hopefully its mutual termination but so far no indication it is

Well... others have said it. The buyout period ended yesterday at 4pm our time... So unless it was done yesterday prior to that time, and just announced today, it can't be a buyout.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I'm pretty sure you need to clear unconditional waivers before you can agree to mutually terminate a contract.

This.

To mutually terminate a contract (unless the player has a NMC), the player must clear unconditional waivers. Same exact thing happened to Semin less than a year ago and he had to clear unconditional waivers as well.

It's always the same damn people with these knee jerk reactions before all the facts are in.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Since hopefully this is last Rundblad thread we will have to ever endure on this board

One final time

TfAwaJk.gif

fatbeard

Jul 3, 2015
Since hopefully this is last Rundblad thread we will have to ever endure on this board

One final time

TfAwaJk.gif

Translation: "Allow me to distract you from my foolish and already-discredited hot takes with .gifs! Nothing to see here folks, move along."

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I wasn't the one who claimed this was buyout ,, That was Lebrun a well respected hockey writer

Are you saying that he is fool and has been discredited?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I wasn't the one who claimed this was buyout ,, That was Lebrun a well respected hockey writer

Well he's not being bought out, so he's wrong. Many people first commented saying it didn't make sense, or that it was to terminate his contract. You responded by saying Stanley doesn't know how the cap works.

FytinSioux

Blackhawksssssss
Nov 30, 2009
ND
Rant first, ask questions later...or just rant, don't listen, and rant some more.

Rundblad is gone, I don't care how, or what the implications are, he's gone and there is no way to spin that in a negative way.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014

LeBrun never claimed it was a buyout for sure. Buyout waivers = unconditional waivers.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
Mark Lazerus @MarkLazerus
Stan Bowman on buying out David Rundblad: "David indicated to us that he wanted to get a fresh start." #Blackhawks

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Mark Lazerus @MarkLazerus
Stan Bowman on buying out David Rundblad: "David indicated to us that he wanted to get a fresh start." #Blackhawks

Good for him.

He has his name on the cup and a ring. Let him go tear up Europe.

fatbeard

Jul 3, 2015

Most reasonable people would say, "Something about this report doesn't make sense. I should defer judgment until I get further information or clarification."

You, on the other hand, saw a report that supported your pet narrative, and jumped in the deep end. That is not the way good sports thoughts are born.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
If it is a buyout meaning they waived him yesterday and nobody knew

$133k cap hit for the year and $183k for next year

if it is the $125 unconditional waiver
contract has been mutually terminated no cap hit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad