Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I love how dramatic this entire discussion is. As if there can't be an outcome where both teams are happy and Reinbacher is a key part of a shutdown pair with Guhle or the defensive conscience for a dominant pairing with Hutson while Michkov is a strong 80-90pt guy that elevates the Flyers offensive outlook but isn't the next super Kucherov.

Remember when it was organizational malpractice for the teams ahead of us to pass on Caufield and then Boldy became probably a better player and York turned into a perfectly solid 2nd pair D with likely some upside still left in the tank?
Curious guys................do you think Reinbacher can become a Dman, like Evan Bouchard of the Oilers?
Does he possess that type of shot for our PP??
Probably not, the closest comparable we have for Bouchard would be Mailloux (I don't think LM has the same overall offensive profile as Bouchard though, but there's comparisons as a broad archetype of the righty with the big shot). To compare Reinbacher to an Oilers D we'd be looking at Ekholm as the archetype.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
I love how dramatic this entire discussion is. As if there can't be an outcome where both teams are happy and Reinbacher is a key part of a shutdown pair with Guhle or the defensive conscience for a dominant pairing with Hutson while Michkov is a strong 80-90pt guy that elevates the Flyers offensive outlook but isn't the next super Kucherov.

I hate it that people will go to the length of wishing ill on another team's prospect just so that they feel better about their own. It's not a zero-sum game.​

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
No. He’s not that kind of d-man. Bouch is all O no D.
No but Bouchard was grossly underrated by 99% of hfboards for long time and i think he's better defensively than you think. I remember people talking about him like if he was a mini Rielly. He's MUCH MUCH better than hfboards gave him credit for. He's been impressive those playoffs. His slap shot on his goal yesterday was McInnis like i had not seen a slap shot so smooth and powerful in a long time.

billy piton

Apr 5, 2010
Zagreb
Because they know he wants to leave? Because they've treated him like shit exactly for that reason?
but why would team "treat like shit" that kind of talent? it doesn't make much sense... and then just release him? we'll see how it goes with torts.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
but why would team "treat like shit" that kind of talent? it doesn't make much sense... and then just release him? we'll see how it goes with torts.
Because that's what they do? Why did they keep Demidov in the MHL all year? Because he expressed he wanted to move away. Why did Romanovs ice time go down drastically when he announced he'd come to the NHL the next year?

Incredibly ignorant post.

Talik Sanis

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
Frankly, aside from Hutson, I think our whole defensive prospect pool is a bit overrated. That's why I have no trouble with us grabbing one of Yakemchuk, Buium or Dickinson at 5 OA. All of whom should be available when we draft.
Agreed, actually. There are major holes in all areas of any prospective team we could assemble using that which we find in the system and in the skills set of our prospects on defense and at forward.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
When the guy who just drafted you makes a point of it to SAY outright that he’s not expecting you to be a PP Qb, you can bet that you are not going to that org for that aspect of your game.

You are correct, sir.

No. He’s not that kind of d-man. Bouch is all O no D.
Bouchard has improved leaps and bounds defensively. People just think he's no D because he looks dumb and when he makes a mistake defensively it's usually a big one. The vast majority of the time he's a very steady defenseman who controls the play even without McDrai on the ice.

On topic though, I really hope Reinbacher can develop into a number one, because anything below that means we made a mistake IMO. Michkov is a brilliant player.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
WTK and Grant McCagg gonna be working overtime to rationalize this news tho
They can't smell each other because they're basically the same person. Sad we got the least connected of the two to stick around.

Bouchard has improved leaps and bounds defensively. People just think he's no D because he looks dumb and when he makes a mistake defensively it's usually a big one. The vast majority of the time he's a very steady defenseman who controls the play even without McDrai on the ice.
Nah he's horrible defensively. Probably worse than Matheson. His defense is at best 3rd pair worthy, if even that.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
They can't smell each other because they're basically the same person. Sad we got the least connected of the two to stick around.

Nah he's horrible defensively. Probably worse than Matheson. His defense is at best 3rd pair worthy, if even that.
That's not true by essentially any metric over the last couple of years. Again, he makes big mistakes which people take notice of but the majority of the time he's dominating out there.

billy piton

Apr 5, 2010
Zagreb
Because that's what they do? Why did they keep Demidov in the MHL all year? Because he expressed he wanted to move away. Why did Romanovs ice time go down drastically when he announced he'd come to the NHL the next year?

Incredibly ignorant post.
don't be an a*s, i have watched more khl games in person than you have on tv and i know how the things go there. every russian top prospect wants to leave for the nhl and i have never heard teams just releasing them for free just like that with two more years on their contract.

Reactions: Habnot and montreal

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
don't be an a*s, i have watched more khl games in person than you have on tv and i know how the things go there. every russian top prospect wants to leave for the nhl and i have never heard teams just releasing them for free just like that with two more years on their contract.

eddie-bravo.gif

any theories?

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I mean Torts has never really coached a rebuilding team so it’s difficult to know how he is with young players. He gives ice time to guys that work hard, that’s it.

But one thing he hates is players that don’t put in 100% and the way Michkov floats in the neutral zone waiting for plays to come to him won’t sit well with Torts. Maybe he coaches it out of him. Or maybe it’s something the 6 teams that passed on him were right to be concerned about.

Reactions: montreal

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Fedotov literally just got released a few months ago?

It happens all the time. I gave you the example of Romanov and Demidov, you chose to ignore those. Miroshnichenko did it last year.

The fact you've seen KHL games live doesn't make you smarter or more informed, clearly.

my theory is that he is incredible pain in the a*s that ska would't have anything to do with him. but that's just my theory.
Clearly you don't know anything about the KHL and Roman Rotenberg lmao.

billy piton

Apr 5, 2010
Zagreb
Fedotov literally just got released a few months ago?

It happens all the time. I gave you the example of Romanov and Demidov, you chose to ignore those. Miroshnichenko did it last year.

The fact you've seen KHL games live doesn't make you smarter or more informed, clearly.

Clearly you don't know anything about the KHL and Roman Rotenberg lmao.
mirošničenko had non hodgkin lymphoma and wasn't even close prospect mičkov supposed to be. fedotov is 27 yo goalie :rolleyes:

anyway, it will be extremley fun to watch situation. if things don't go well everything will be on "idiot torts", ofc :D

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
mirošničenko had non hodgkin lymphoma and wasn't even close prospect mičkov supposed to be. fedotov is 27 yo goalie :rolleyes:

anyway, it will be extremley fun to watch situation. if things don't go well everything will be on "idiot torts", ofc :D
Okay... so clearly wrong? You're reaching for drama with Michkov and I showed you you were wrong

billy piton

Apr 5, 2010
Zagreb
Okay... so clearly wrong? You're reaching for drama with Michkov and I showed you you were wrong
you have shown nothing. ska wrote him off with two years of contract left and at least five teams passed him on draft day for whatever reason. he was touted as generational prospect for years...

but i'll gladly admit i was wrong if mičkov becomes a good player and model citizen in philly.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad