Player Discussion David Quinn: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Buch never got yanked up and down the line up from what I remember. So far the only guy to respond to that has been Chytil and even Brendan Smith lol.
Fox, Lindgren and Miller have all done well and were trusted from the get go. Is it because they are American? NCAA?
Fox wasn’t trusted from the get-go. He played well and earned more and more time.

upload_2021-2-5_22-34-40.png

Lafreniere has spent most of his season with Zibanejad, no? I wouldn’t say he’s been yanked around very much.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Fox wasn’t trusted from the get-go. He played well and earned more and more time.

View attachment 393171

Lafreniere has spent most of his season with Zibanejad, no? I wouldn’t say he’s been yanked around very much.
Chytil up and down, LA was under the impression he's making the team and out performed Howden gets dropped to 4th line then AHL, VK was under the impression he was playing in NY not Hartford, ADA we all know about, rotating goalies this season which thankfully looks to have ended, Kakko up and down, on and off PP, Laf has played LW, RW, 3rd line, 1st line, all these lines juggled, even Hajek who looked promising gets injured then not much of a chance until now. And always giving guys like Howden, Staal, 4th line scrubs the benefit of the doubt.
Maybe it all pans out since these kids minus Lias and ADA have good heads on their shoulders, but you can't tell me Kakko and Laf haven't looked timid and held back. Like someone mentioned, we just got excited that Kakko chipped a puck out of the zone that lead to a goal. We should be getting excited about him and Laf getting one timer opportunities on the PP.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Buch never got yanked up and down the line up from what I remember. So far the only guy to respond to that has been Chytil and even Brendan Smith lol.
Fox, Lindgren and Miller have all done well and were trusted from the get go. Is it because they are American? NCAA?

Then you have an awfully short memory. Buchnevich was relegated to the 4th line as recently as January of last year. Quinn also healthy scratched him during his first season here.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019

This is some serious revisionist history. Buch was benched a lot in Quinn's first season and it was only in the 2nd half of last year that he finally gained DQs trust and took off from there.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
OK so it was DQ that turned Buch into a player.
Had nothing to do with his hard work over a few summers and him evolving into the player he was sought out to be?
I find that incredibly laughable.

If DQ was helping anyone he'd have a gameplan and system that plays to a players strength instead of just guessing the day before and never adjusting.

We're on a track meet right now bc the team is tired of losing but there ain't no way in hell they keep up with this "playoff" pace for the entire season..

#PostCharts lol

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
OK so it was DQ that turned Buch into a player.
Had nothing to do with his hard work over a few summers and him evolving into the player he was sought out to be?
I find that incredibly laughable.

If DQ was helping anyone he'd have a gameplan and system that plays to a players strength instead of just guessing the day before and never adjusting.

We're on a track meet right now bc the team is tired of losing but there ain't no way in hell they keep up with this "playoff" pace for the entire season..

#PostCharts lol

Buchnevich played 4 seasons with the Rangers so far. 2 under AV, 2 under Quinn. Before that he played pro hockey in the KHL for 2 different teams. But it's Quinn who made him the player he is today... Apparently.

Look, I am not saying Quinn didn't impact his development but this fanbase over the years has been reaching to give kudos to Quinn for the exact same things they refused to credit AV for.

Reactions: Nickmo82

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Buchnevich played 4 seasons with the Rangers so far. 2 under AV, 2 under Quinn. Before that he played pro hockey in the KHL for 2 different teams. But it's Quinn who made him the player he is today... Apparently.

Look, I am not saying Quinn didn't impact his development but this fanbase over the years has been reaching to give kudos to Quinn for the exact same things they refused to credit AV for.

I get what you're saying but it's ultimately up to the player IMO.

If DQ was an X&O coach and taught him how to actually play the game then that would be a different story but it's not.

Buch just figured out how to excel on his own.
I don't credit DQ with his advancement what so ever.

Keep in mind I had him all but traded last year but to his credit, that's no longer the case..

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

And before that?

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Sorry guys... But Buch is excelling on straight up skill over anything else right now.
It's certainly not due to positioning or anything tactical.
DQ has no clue as to what any of that is..

Reactions: CLW

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

It's a complete misinterpretation and a totally clueless point of view to think that saying "Quinn has done a good job with Buchnevich" equates to "none of his previous coaches had any impact on him." Bringing up the job he's done with Buchnevich is a counterpoint to people saying that he sucks as a development coach, because we're talking about Quinn and not his other coaches. It doesn't say that he's the only person whose played a role. It just says that he has played an important one.

AV being tough on Buchnevich was the right thing, just like him being tough on Kreider was the right thing. I was saying that then, and I'm saying it now. Mostly the same people were saying it then as are saying it now.

For all your talk about the fanbase "reaching to give kudos to Quinn," you really go out of your way to try to take away the credit he deserves. Even this post includes an equivocation of "oh, I'm not saying he didn't have any impact" while simultaneously being critical of the viewpoint that he has had a significant one.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Also, the argument that all of these other players developed fully elsewhere and not at all here is so mind-numbingly f***ing stupid that is purely being said to just incessantly bitch and moan about Quinn. There’s also another blatant agenda being pushed there, but I won’t touch that one.

This nonsense has become this board’s new version of all good moves were by Gorton and the bad ones were by Sather. And I’m saying this as someone who doesn’t even f***ing like Quinn that much.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I'm not gonna name names but if you have concerns about the Rangers PP and you have a well groomed agreeable protege you need to give your head a shake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad