Signing(s): David Price to Red Sox (7 years/217 M)

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I believe in the 11 starts Price had, he had a higher WAR than Tulo did in 47 games. Tulo was nothing special last year with the Blue Jays.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I believe in the 11 starts Price had, he had a higher WAR than Tulo did in 47 games. Tulo was nothing special last year with the Blue Jays.

You don't think Tulo was good defensively last year, especially compared to Reyes.

Speaking of, to further your point - Hutchinson was something like 11-2 when the team scored 5 or more runs. Or something along the lines of that.

He had like 8 runs of support on average. That's insane.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
tulowitzki was better than reyes defensively. happy? talk about moving goalposts, right?

too bad he was a non-entity offensively.

Pretty much.

I can't believe the praise Tulo is getting, he sucked offensively. To claim he was a bigger piece than David Price down the stretch is asinine.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
the league average shortstop went for .260/.308/.380.

tulowitzki went for .239/.317/.380 in toronto and had a 100 wrc+ in 2015. he was the definition of league average.

but hey, his defense was better than reyes! you've got us there!

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
tulowitzki was better than reyes defensively. happy? talk about moving goalposts, right?

too bad he was a non-entity offensively.

You're right. Defence doesn't matter. I haven't changed my argument at all.

Jays score a **** ton. I didn't care to add offence. I wanted pitching and defence. I really don't care how he did offensively, same as Goins. They were insane up in the middle defensively which is what we needed. To suggest Price took us from a .500 team to a 93 win team is asinine. Everyone knew we were much better than our record suggested.

Price pitched in many blowout games, it's not like he pitched in these 2-1, 3-2 games often. Hutchison would have won over half of them. Maybe even 7-8. Price had a lot of run support

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
right, so price's 172 era+ for the jays means nothing because you've defined everything about the jays trade deadline as them getting better defense. since price doesn't play shortstop, he is worse than tulowitzki.

keep movin' them goalposts.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
You're right. Defence doesn't matter. I haven't changed my argument at all.

Jays score a **** ton. I didn't care to add offence. I wanted pitching and defence. I really don't care how he did offensively, same as Goins. They were insane up in the middle defensively which is what we needed. To suggest Price took us from a .500 team to a 93 win team is asinine. Everyone knew we were much better than our record suggested.

Price pitched in many blowout games, it's not like he pitched in these 2-1, 3-2 games often. Hutchison would have won over half of them. Maybe even 7-8. Price had a lot of run support

No one said that. People are saying that Price had a bigger impact than Tulo which he did. By considerable margin.

Price pitched in blowouts? You do realise a blowout isn't all about scoring runs. It's also about preventing them which is what Price did helluva job.

And to apply your logic, Tulo played in many blowouts so having reyes wouldn't matter even if he committed an error per game. I mean it's a blowout, how many runs could 1 error possibly cost you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad