David Perron

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
So after watching last nights game it looked pretty obvious something is up with Perron. Went home after and looked it up, he has 0 PIM this year. That shocked me a ton, and while I hated a lot of the penalties he had last year, they were due to him getting involved and in guys faces. This year there's been none of that.

What do you guys think, is he playing injured or is something else up?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
He's been MIA the last handful of games. Maybe fighting off an injury that he sustained in pre-season. Who knows. Part of it might be he's not getting nearly the ice-time he was getting last year. He's playing 4 minutes less this year compared to last. He might be a guy who feels better being more involved in a game.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Another year, another "we have three offensive lines!" summer's worth of promises, another season where only 1 line is really performing offensively.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
He was got hit hard in I think it was the last preseason game. Plus is coming off an injury from last year.

I personally think he is injured or still gun shy from being injured. He has not played at all like he did last year. Shying away from contact for sure.

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
It's all about quality, complimentary players this year. Last year he scored 28 goals playing with better players, and more minutes as well. I feel bad for him, he's much better than being scoreless this long.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
Felt (to me anyways) that he had some of his best games playing with Eberle.

Its to bad Dallas is stuck on using the same lineups game after game. It feels like Nuge and Hall have magic going on, and then there is the Hend, Gord, Jesse line which has been great. Nothing outside of that has been clicking at all.

hyster110

Mar 21, 2011
everyone remember he is coming of a full summer of rehab for a hip injury, with little summer training

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He's been MIA the last handful of games. Maybe fighting off an injury that he sustained in pre-season. Who knows. Part of it might be he's not getting nearly the ice-time he was getting last year. He's playing 4 minutes less this year compared to last. He might be a guy who feels better being more involved in a game.

10 minutes or 20 minutes the guy is known for being involved after the whistle.

So either he isn't out when the whistle blows or he's still banged up.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Obviously haven't gotten enough out of him so far, but he has also always been streaky

Once he gets one he will probably have 5 in 4 games

Not too worried yet

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
everyone remember he is coming of a full summer of rehab for a hip injury, with little summer training

Thanks. Any information on how this has gone. He really doesn't look like the same player but this would explain a lot. tbh after a completed Oiler season I usually try to flush any and all events out of my mind and watch playoffs. So I entirely forgot about the injury as probably most people did.

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
Yeah, Perron said at the beginning of training camp he hadn't been able to work out or skate all summer, was just doing rehab and rest on his hip.

Plus look who his C options are. Two players who shouldn't be in the NHL.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Yeah, Perron said at the beginning of training camp he hadn't been able to work out or skate all summer, was just doing rehab and rest on his hip.

Plus look who his C options are. Two players who shouldn't be in the NHL.

Given the recent Renney comments on the org continuing to play players through injury and having them come back too quickly I wonder if this is the case with Perron.

He isn't playing well, really struggling out there, does he need more rehab and rest time?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I guess I'm not seeing what everyone else is but Perron IMO has been just fine. Yea, he doesn't have a goal so what? He and Purcell have been dynamic making plays together. I really like that pair.. I'm seeing the same player as last year just snakebit right now.

He'll be fine.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Felt (to me anyways) that he had some of his best games playing with Eberle.

Its to bad Dallas is stuck on using the same lineups game after game. It feels like Nuge and Hall have magic going on, and then there is the Hend, Gord, Jesse line which has been great. Nothing outside of that has been clicking at all.

I liked Perron-Nuge-Ebs last year. I wouldn't mind seeing them reunited. Hall-Drai-Yak is another line I'd like to see. I agree Hall and Nuge have looked good together and would hesitate to break them up, but I think each guy can "drive" a line on their own, and the guys on those lines compliment them better.

Give those two lines 18:00 of ice time, start the 3rd and 4th lines with 12:00, and add/subtract based on which lines are going on a particular night. What we currently have going is not working.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Seems to me Perron is a victim of the teams lack of high end centremen. He's capable of making a big impact but only if he's on the ice with a centre of similar capabilities.

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
Blues fans were always talking about how we shouldn't expect him to keep up his great play from last season 100% of the time.

The drop off has been a little too steep though, and the him injury that kept him out of world champs and impacted summer training seems like it has to be at least part of the issue.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Blues fans were always talking about how we shouldn't expect him to keep up his great play from last season 100% of the time.

The drop off has been a little too steep though, and the him injury that kept him out of world champs and impacted summer training seems like it has to be at least part of the issue.
Little too steep?

:facepalm:

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Thanks. Any information on how this has gone. He really doesn't look like the same player but this would explain a lot. tbh after a completed Oiler season I usually try to flush any and all events out of my mind and watch playoffs. So I entirely forgot about the injury as probably most people did.

Before the season started they didnt even know if his hip would allow him to play all 82 games this year. Eakins said the other day he didnt have any training all summer.

I wouldnt doubt its only 80 to 85% right now

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I didn't know he had hip rehab. He'll need a pass from any angry fans for a bit still.

Having a hip injury and trying to play the game of hockey doesn't sound too kind for Perron....or anyone for that matter.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
He's still driving possession and getting a bunch of shots.

His line won't shoot 6% forever.

I think that's the most important thing to remember here.

I think that chemistry has something to do with it. Arcobello was a part timer, Yakupov was given totally meaningless minutes, Marincin played half of the year with various line-mates.

Fayne, Nikitin on the blueline.

Dr Drai at center.

Pouliot and Purcell coming in.

That's a lot of names to throw around.

It shouldn't be surprising that the Wagon line and our first line is doing the best, because they've played a fair number of games together from last season and before that.

I also agree that it's possible that Perron might not be 100%, because he was a much better pest last year. If Perron can't play the role of pest, I don't see him being incredibly useful. When he's playing pest he gets a lot of players off of their game and it makes playing hockey a helluva lot easier for everyone on his team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad