Speculation: David Perron, Why not?

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Im from Sherbrooke and im training with David Perron brother's. he told me if Anaheim dont have a contract for him. Montreal is on the top of the list.

His favourite player (Kovalev played here) and family could be near to see him playing.

Pacio - Galchenyuk - Okposo

Perron - Plekanec - Gallagher

you sign a guy like Okposo and u can have a good top 6!

you sign him at 3.5 millions for 2 or 3 years. imself knows that he wasnt very good last two years.

so right now its to Bergevin to send him an offer.

What are you thinking about it?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
He had a hot streak with the Ducks, but is an otherwise unimpressive and inconsistent and injury prone player. At 3.5m, maybe, but not more.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
He's a plan F or G. There are are potentially better options. If it's 3.5 million for 2 years that he's asking for, I'm fine with that if all other plans failed.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I can assure you. You put him to Montreal u have the most skilled player. every day you will see him at the arena praticing his hands.

Its easier for me to have news from his brother because he talks a lot, not like David lol but i know he will accept less money to play in montreal.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
not a complete player

Pass. Keep in mind that we should consider quality over quantity. We want a cup. I don't want a soft marmallow.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Sick of the tweeners. Cant keep getting guys who arent good enough for second line and not complete enough to be third liners

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Perron is the guy I've been expecting MB to go for this off season. MB will be MB and he won't pay for the top guys and will settle for the cheaper tier of forwards looking for yet another bargain.. Perron seems like a MB type move.

Pierre McGuire just said on TSN690 that anything above Perron's salary from last season he wouldn't have any interest in Perron from the Habs.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
He has averaged about 20 goals and 27 assists for every 80 games played and has shown a knack for picking up points on the PP.

The Habs have had far inferior players in the top 6 over the past few years. At the right price and for the right term he is worth considering.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
He's either a top 6 forward who doesn't produce top 6 numbers or a bottom 6 player who can't play D or be physical enough to play bottom 6.

So big no for me. Don't need him at any price.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
He's either a top 6 forward who doesn't produce top 6 numbers or a bottom 6 player who can't play D or be physical enough to play bottom 6.

So big no for me. Don't need him at any price.

The top 6 threshold last year was about 34 points. Perron had 36 points so I don't know what you mean by not producing top 6 numbers. It was at the lower end of top 6 but it was still top 6.

As a matter of comparison last year Montreal's 6th leading forward scored 26 points - so 36 points is an upgrade

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The Double Davey Show : Getting the easy minutes Special Edition

Please no.......

According to Burrows the Cap will go up to $73M
Meaning the Habs got roughly $8,1M with 2 players to go, that's enough to get a top guy unless MB spend it on guys like Weise and Perron

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I've said it before but Perron is the personification of everything Therrien hates in a player. He'd be getting the Semin/PAP treatment in a couple months tops.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
The top 6 threshold last year was about 34 points. Perron had 36 points so I don't know what you mean by not producing top 6 numbers. It was at the lower end of top 6 but it was still top 6.

As a matter of comparison last year Montreal's 6th leading forward scored 26 points - so 36 points is an upgrade

If you're shooting for a guy to come in and get you 36 points in a top 6 role I think you're missing the point.

We NEED a guy to come in and help us with scoring goals. Adding 30 some odd points is not helping us. It's adding another player who plugs into a top 6 role who isn't a top 6 player.

With your rationale, who not bring back Gionta (33 points), Bozak (35 points) Comeau, Pouliot, Pominville (36 points) or Parenteau (41 points) into the top 6 to add more offense?

We need a guy to come on who can put up 50+ points in addition to what Patches, Chucky, Gally, Plex etc produce. We don't need another soft, middling player to fill a gap for the sake of filling in a gap.

Wouldn't that cap hit be better used signing a guy like Eriksson, Okposo, Stamkos? Perron is just a no go from almost any standpoint on the Habs other than being from Quebec.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad