News Article: David Pelletier hired as skating coach

McDeathbyCheerios*

Only displaying your own ignorance.

Yes, forensic assessments can be done and in many cases are done on the basis of video, audio, written evidence. Psychiatric assessment can be done strictly on video, audio, written evidence. Pre Disposition Reports's (as an aid to sentencing) are often done on the sole basis of written reports. Jurisdiction and sentencing in this country and most of the world is done on written and reported evidence. Apparently any jurisprudence engaged in in the world to you is on flimsy grounds because judges aren't out having coffee with defendants..

Specifically though what makes you think you actually require meeting people to make assessment and report? Face to face meeting is actually a very small component of what is involved in assessment. Anybody performing Psych assessments spends most of their time reading referral background, looking over results of standardized testing and quite often only meet with the client for one hour. At such time that the assessment findings are already had.

This sense that assessment comes from actually directly meeting people comes from nowhere but your imagination.

More specific to these purposes Eakins, as a study, is very much a narrative open book. One for instance is not left wondering about his hockey or other "ideology" when he repeatedly states them. Note as well I stated that he may well have a good coaching knowledge. I mentioned he isn't translating or conveying that knowledge effectively. As per how it gets translated on ice for instance.
Analyzing a person is an immense skill and unless you do it for a living, or spend hours upon hours analyzing Eakins you know as much about him as most people. You always seem to make a firm judgement about people very quickly.

We get you hate Eakins and think he is the worst coach that ever had coached. It always seems though like he kicked your dog or something and you have never forgiven him.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Analyzing a person is an immense skill and unless you do it for a living, or spend hours upon hours analyzing Eakins you know as much about him as most people. You always seem to make a firm judgement about people very quickly.

We get you hate Eakins and think he is the worst coach that ever had coached. It always seems though like he kicked your dog or something and you have never forgiven him.

Almost 30 years in practise. Thanks.

You can PM me in confidence if you want more info.

Last edited:

McDeathbyCheerios*

Almost 30 years in practice. Thanks.

You can PM me in confidence if you want more info.

Then you absolutely are qualified to make your assumptions on his personality.

I may disagree with your conclusions but I'm not the expert, you literally are.

I'll still disagree though :P

tsnTpoint

Apr 2, 2010
Hate to say it but this is a mistake. I have played mens league hockey with Pel (he was on my mens league team for a few years) and he he is an unreal guy, but for him to be a skating coach for NHL players is a joke.

His skating in hockey skates is decent, but he was well below a few players on our team skating wise (ex junior A hockey players). Hey I love the guy, but this is a serious red flag for me. I see no way how he is going to help the skating of an NHL player. Figure skating is one thing, hockey skating is a whole new ball game. I think Pel is an awesome guy, but my mind is absolutely blown away by this news.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Hate to say it but this is a mistake. I have played mens league hockey with Pel (he was on my mens league team for a few years) and he he is an unreal guy, but for him to be a skating coach for NHL players is a joke.

His skating in hockey skates is decent, but he was well below a few players on our team skating wise (ex junior A hockey players). Hey I love the guy, but this is a serious red flag for me. I see no way how he is going to help the skating of an NHL player. Figure skating is one thing, hockey skating is a whole new ball game. I think Pel is an awesome guy, but my mind is absolutely blown away by this news.

I thought it was said that he was already working with players on his own and getting good results?

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

so because his skating isnt perfect he isnt fit to teach skating? if that was the case wouldnt gretzky be a better hockey coach than scotty bowman? sure is a lot of derp in this thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad