Player Discussion David Pastrnak

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Dude got targeted all series. It’s easier to shadow a player than to get away from a player. They pounded him as well. No doubt in my mind that he is the only player on the team that could score that goal. Some of the comments yesterday before the game were shit. His game isn’t perfect but without him you’re in the lottery probably. For those that want to pay DB 6 mil and complain about Pasta’s contract, he’s double the player DB is as a comparison.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Dude got targeted all series. It’s easier to shadow a player than to get away from a player. They pounded him as well. No doubt in my mind that he is the only player on the team that could score that goal. Some of the comments yesterday before the game were shit. His game isn’t perfect but without him you’re in the lottery probably. For those that want to pay DB 6 mil and complain about Pasta’s contract, he’s double the player DB is as a comparison.

I think it was nice to hear Monty, Razor, Jaffe etc all say he had to be better. And I think it was true. And he was!

Reactions: NDiesel

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Thank you!

Reactions: lextune

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Glad he didn’t whine. Shows his teammates what it’s all about. I was concerned he might take it the times were in way.🤣

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
3 goals in 7 games is good for the playoffs. He's PPG for his career. Its complete horseshit when he gets called out and the rest of the plugs at forward get a pass. He's also been snakebit on the PP but is still producing.

You only have gaudy playoff stats if you have games like G3 vs St Louis 2019 where you can pad them. But how did embarrassing them like that work out for us? The norm is games like G5-G7 Toronto 2024 where there just aren't many goals to be had.

Reactions: Ladyfan

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
3 goals in 7 games is good for the playoffs. He's PPG for his career. Its complete horseshit when he gets called out and the rest of the plugs at forward get a pass. He's also been snakebit on the PP but is still producing.

You only have gaudy playoff stats if you have games like G3 vs St Louis 2019 where you can pad them. But how did embarrassing them like that work out for us? The norm is games like G5-G7 Toronto 2024 where there just aren't many goals to be had.

He got called out because he's the best forward on the team and Boston has no hope in advancing anywhere with Pasta not doing what he does best and that's put points on the board. And at the time, it was 2 goals in 6 games, which for an elite scorer like Pasta, is not good.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He's also got a 200lb anchor called Zacha

Zacha wasn't great but Pasta is the superstar and is the one expected to carry the load. Normally Zacha is a good sidekick to the Pasta show but that line got a lot of attention from the Leafs, who played really good team defense in the last three games. We'll need more from both, for sure.

EchoNumeral

May 7, 2024
I imagine that this will be a highly unpopular opinion, and I should preface this by saying that I've thoroughly enjoyed watching Pasta's progression from rookie to the player he is today. Seeing his big personality come through from day one has been cool too.

But I would seriously consider trading him for maximum value at some point in the next year or two, whilst he's in the prime age bracket. Perhaps when Marchand retires.

I think the best player comparable for him is his friend Nylander. They are very nice hockey players but it's pretty clear that this type of player can't carry the rest of the team on their back in the playoffs.

This was okay when Bergeron, Chara etc. were still around and he was a complimentary player, but now that he is 'the guy' - not so much. Seeing the team's designated best player perform with jelly legs has to impact the bench negatively.

I should reiterate that Pastrnak is generally one of my favorite players to watch, at least when the stakes aren't as high.

Feel free to kick me out of Bruins fandom for this post! :help:

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I imagine that this will be a highly unpopular opinion, and I should preface this by saying that I've thoroughly enjoyed watching Pasta's progression from rookie to the player he is today. Seeing his big personality come through from day one has been cool too.

But I would seriously consider trading him for maximum value at some point in the next year or two, whilst he's in the prime age bracket. Perhaps when Marchand retires.

I think the best player comparable for him is his friend Nylander. They are very nice hockey players but it's pretty clear that this type of player can't carry the rest of the team on their back in the playoffs.

This was okay when Bergeron, Chara etc. were still around and he was a complimentary player, but now that he is 'the guy' - not so much. Seeing the team's designated best player perform with jelly legs has to impact the bench negatively.

I should reiterate that Pastrnak is generally one of my favourite players to watch, at least when the stakes aren't as high.

Not many teams that can afford to trade for a guy making over $11 mil a year for the next 7 seasons.

Not to mention Pasta has a full no trade contract.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC

I should reiterate that Pastrnak is generally one of my favorite players to watch, at least when the stakes aren't as high.

He’s being forced to play with Geekie and Maroon and is still the only player consistently trying besides Swayman

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

He has a NMC so not worth poisoning the water.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

NO Good Lord...GTFO

You SHOULD be kicked out

Carlon Brando

May 22, 2014
Boston

I have no idea how you watch these playoffs and come away with this opinion. I'm having the exact opposite reaction. Pasta is going well above and beyond his role as a skill player and scorer, and has finally taken a huge step into a major leadership role. He plays with absolute scrubs as linemates and is still dangerous whenever they manage to just get out of their own way. He gives you an overtime Game 7 series winning goal. He steps up and fights the piece of shit on the other team to light a fire under his team's ass, fully knowing he's going to get his ass beat but does it anyway. He's throwing hits on the forecheck, reverse hits when he's first to the puck. He's throwing punches in scrums out there. In the absence of Marchand he's leading by example. Sure, physicality and agitation and rattiness are not his natural game, but jeeze at least he's out there trying. Who else is? One of the few bright spots this series, and one of the only players instilling any kind of pride in being a Bruins fan.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I have no idea how you watch these playoffs and come away with this opinion. I'm having the exact opposite reaction. Pasta is going well above and beyond his role as a skill player and scorer, and has finally taken a huge step into a major leadership role. He plays with absolute scrubs as linemates and is still dangerous whenever they manage to just get out of their own way. He gives you an overtime Game 7 series winning goal. He steps up and fights the piece of shit on the other team to light a fire under his team's ass, fully knowing he's going to get his ass beat but does it anyway. He's throwing hits on the forecheck, reverse hits when he's first to the puck. He's throwing punches in scrums out there. In the absence of Marchand he's leading by example. Sure, physicality and agitation and rattiness are not his natural game, but jeeze at least he's out there trying. Who else is? One of the few bright spots this series, and one of the only players instilling any kind of pride in being a Bruins fan.

Gets another WOW.

Don't think many people see Pasta as a bright spot in this series.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I haven't paid too much attention to line matchups or seeing who is shadowing whom, but Florida is a deep team with a near-elite defensive center in Barkov, so when our offense is so heavily concentrated on one guy, I'm not surprised they're locking down on Pasta. No one is scared of Coyle and Geekie.

I still believe in Pasta, they need to give him support next year.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

he is the least of their problems

Give him a legit 1C and he’s capable of 120 points

He is in not perfect player but he’s a bonfire super star scorer and leader

He is beloved by his teammates and the hottest girl in my gym wears a Pasta T shirt

Tremendous player who needs help NOT to go

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
he is the least of their problems

Give him a legit 1C and he’s capable of 120 points

He is in not perfect player but he’s a bonfire super star scorer and leader

He is beloved by his teammates and the hottest girl in my gym wears a Pasta T shirt

Tremendous player who needs help NOT to go
If Pasta wasn't around we wouldn't be having this discussion because the Bruins would not have even made the playoffs.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

So because he can't carry an entire offense on his own they should move him? Instead of just adding better players around him so he doesnt have to carry the whole offense? Explain that logic please...

Reactions: DKH and Ladyfan

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If Pasta wasn't around we wouldn't be having this discussion because the Bruins would not have even made the playoffs.
I like Zacha but he’s a LW to me

Too bad they didn’t get JT Miller to play with him as a center when he was rumored available

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad