Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Continued from

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2376165&page=40

cut.jpg

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Right or wrong Marchand took a home town discount to play for the city and team he loves. If Team Pastrnak goes for the home run I don't think this will sit well with 63. Disagree all you want I am not alone on this.

I Don't expect to see the smiling loveablt Pastrnak as much this year - the guy Dominic Moore says needs to play free will be carrying the burden of likely being the highest paid Bruins at age 21 in a locker room on a team with a half dozen guys that won a Cup.

He's going to be pretty tight me thinks whether you believe it or not.

I project Pastrnak as a 30-40 + goal scorer for the next dozen years but he gets banged around and if I could get a prop bet I'm going under on 30. I'm not sure he will even start in camp and his style (which I like) puts him in dirty areas and susceptible to contact. If there is a year with a hiccup I'm going here.

My advice to Sweeney is hold firm at 6/36 and Don't bid against yourself. If he's not at camp that's not the end of the world - this is a business and it will get done. I certainly would consider a Stamkos structured deal a no go and tell him zero chance of that.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Right or wrong Marchand took a home town discount to play for the city and team he loves. If Team Pastrnak goes for the home run I don't think this will sit well with 63. Disagree all you want I am not alone on this.

I Don't expect to see the smiling loveablt Pastrnak as much this year - the guy Dominic Moore says needs to play free will be carrying the burden of likely being the highest paid Bruins at age 21 in a locker room on a team with a half dozen guys that won a Cup.

I project Pastrnak as a 30-40 + goal scorer for the next dozen years but he gets banged around and if I could get a prop bet I'm going under on 30. I'm not sure he will even start in camp and his style (which I like) puts him in dirty areas and susceptible to contact. If there is a year with a hiccup I'm going here.

My advice to Sweeney is hold firm at 6/36 and Don't bid against yourself. If he's not at camp that's not the end of the world - this is a business and it will get done. I certainly would consider a Stamkos structured deal a no go and tell him zero chance of that.

On the bright side for poor Marchand. If he brings his money back to Canada it's worth more!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
On the bright side for poor Marchand. If he brings his money back to Canada it's worth more!

The Bruins should have no problem paying Pastrnak more than Marchand

However I can see Marchand not being thrilled especially if Pastrnak doesn't report and he's rejecting basically more than Marchand

Marchand was drafted same year as Kessel and was at first Dev Camp along with Kessel and got to see first hand the adulation; then he breaks in 2010 with the next great One Tyler Seguin. Now as Marchand turns into a legit star he's got Pastrnak off one year being the New Wunderkind.

Marchand is here probably because of that underdog approach but it's human nature not to be wondering.

The kid holds out for more than $6 I'm off the Pastrnak bandwagon

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I would have to think Marchand would not be fan of Pasta making more than he.

He took 1-1.5 less than he could have if he had gone to UFA . We are talking a player who has paid his dues here. He left money on the table and more importantly cap space, only to have it gobbled up by a player who hasn't paid his dues, coming off a ELC, after 1 break-out season all because some twit out in western Canada wants to overpay anyone he can.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Let him hold out Sweeeney! Time to put your stamp on this team.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Filip Forsberg

6/36

Last 3 years

Games played

Goals

Durable
Consistent

Better defensively and played well in playoffs

Love Pasta but if he gets more than Forsberg it's a ****ing joke

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
The Bruins should have no problem paying Pastrnak more than Marchand

However I can see Marchand not being thrilled especially if Pastrnak doesn't report and he's rejecting basically more than Marchand

Marchand was drafted same year as Kessel and was at first Dev Camp along with Kessel and got to see first hand the adulation; then he breaks in 2010 with the next great One Tyler Seguin. Now as Marchand turns into a legit star he's got Pastrnak off one year being the New Wunderkind.

Marchand is here probably because of that underdog approach but it's human nature not to be wondering.

The kid holds out for more than $6 I'm off the Pastrnak bandwagon

Where is the evidence that Marchand even cares? Seems like posters care and attach Marchands name to it.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

I agree. We're not only dealing with numbers,but egos,stature,resentments etc. Chiarelli shouldn't be allowed to set the market with a mistake,however right he may turn out to be.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Filip Forsberg

6/36

Last 3 years

Games played

Goals

Durable
Consistent

Better defensively and played well in playoffs

Love Pasta but if he gets more than Forsberg it's a ****ing joke

Are you really serious with this crap, Dan? You can't be that oblivious, can you? What Forsberg signed for a YEAR AGO has no bearing on the contracts that are happening now. You can certainly feel that FF is a better player, but he isn't on the market today. If he was, he'd be getting a ******** more than what he got. It's nothing but unfortunate timing for him, but great timing for Draisaitl and Pasta. It's got nothing to do with their abilities and everything to do with the market shifting up in a favorable way for those guys right now. So what guys signed for last year, the year before, 5 years ago is irrelevant. It doesn't matter. It's not a comp that can even be made because it has zero bearing on today and where the market is.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Are you really serious with this crap, Dan? You can't be that oblivious, can you? What Forsberg signed for a YEAR AGO has no bearing on the contracts that are happening now. You can certainly feel that FF is a better player, but he isn't on the market today. If he was, he'd be getting a ******** more than what he got. It's nothing but unfortunate timing for him, but great timing for Draisaitl and Pasta. It's got nothing to do with their abilities and everything to do with the market shifting up in a favorable way for those guys right now. So what guys signed for last year, the year before, 5 years ago is irrelevant. It doesn't matter. It's not a comp that can even be made because it has zero bearing on today and where the market is.

I went out to watch the Sox last night with my buds and this was the prevailing thought.

Now I admit even though my buds are all Bruins fans and belong here or read everyday doesn't mean they know hockey

Four guys in agreement on this I found interesting

Makes you go 'hmmmm':naughty:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I'd like to see evidence before I take the word of people who think they know Marchands thoughts

Well I don't know what your expecting him to do. He's not going to come out and say it if he's thinking it. No one is putting words in his mouth. All I see here are people suggesting that maybe it would bother him. I think it would. That's what I think, not necessarily what Brad thinks.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Well I don't know what your expecting him to do. He's not going to come out and say it if he's thinking it. No one is putting words in his mouth. All I see here are people suggesting that maybe it would bother him. I think it would. That's what I think, not necessarily what Brad thinks.

how about this, where is evidence on any team that another player was upset with another players contract

Last edited:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
how about this, where is evidence on any team that another player was upset with another players contract

No one is going to come out and say that, it would be very disruptive to a team, but if you believe that there isn't a single player in the NHL that isn't bothered by the salary a teammate is drawing compared to his, I don't know what to tell you. It's human nature, plain and simple.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
No one is going to come out and say that, it would be very disruptive to a team, but if you believe that there isn't a single player in the NHL that isn't bothered by the salary a teammate is drawing compared to his, I don't know what to tell you. It's human nature, plain and simple.

ok so there no evidence of this conjured up theory, ok got it

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If by chance this whole thing goes bad and they lose Pasta, everyones numbers are going to take a big hit.

Zero.zero he's traded

It's just

1. When
2. How much
3. Over/under on 2-on-1's where it's Marchand & Pastrnsk and Marchand passes the puck

The only one I'm sure of is #3 will be zero.zero:biglaugh:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I went out to watch the Sox last night with my buds and this was the prevailing thought.

Now I admit even though my buds are all Bruins fans and belong here or read everyday doesn't mean they know hockey

Four guys in agreement on this I found interesting

Makes you go 'hmmmm':naughty:

So because you and your buddies all came to a consensus, Pasta should sign for less than market value? And you think I'm argumentative just to be arugmentative? :laugh:

Like it or not, times have changed in the NHL. Salaries are rising. Marginally talented players are making way more than some star players. It happens. Sub par players are making way more than they used to. Ultimately, this trend will continue until the next CBA is being negotiated and we'll get to see another lockout because despite the cap, owners have shown they cannot police themselves and stay fiscally responsible.

Either way though, that's not on the players, and does not mean a guy like Pasta should settle for $6mill per when other similar players are getting substantially more. It's a business. He and his agent are going to ask for the moon and try to get every dollar possible. You can't begrudge them for that at all because that's what they're supposed to do.

What I do have an issue with though is Sweeney. If he'd have taken care of this before Draisaitl signed, it would have likely been at their number. He'd have taken the 6 for 6 and been done with it. But like the long storied history of the B's, RFA negotiations never go smoothly. They always drag it out, and a lot of the time it bites them in the ass. Like KPD said back when Kessel was an RFA, you need to take care of business before someone else does it for you. In that case, it was the threat of an offer sheet. In this case, it was Chia signing Draisaitl to that deal. Either way, the Bruins front office ****ed up. Yet again. It's called Bruins...:naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad