Player Discussion David Pastrnak III

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
And this explains why he played 1st line much of last season as an 18 year old?

I honestly don't get how these narratives stay alive when there is zero evidence to support them.

First line? What are YOU talking about. He was with Spooner and Lucic for most of the season. I wouldnt call them the first line.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
First line? What are YOU talking about. He was with Spooner and Lucic for most of the season. I wouldnt call them the first line.

Whatever number you want to assign his line, Pastrnak averaged 14 minutes of TOI per game as an 18-year-old rookie.

For Julien, to paraphrase a phrase, if you can play, you will play. The "Clode hates teh kidz!" meme has been disproved beyond laughability. How it survives is beyond me.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

He also played a fair amount of time with Krejci.

However you want to slice it he came to this team as an 18 year old and was immediately in the top 9. Any suggestion Claude didn't give him more than a fair shot and/or doesn't like him is completely false. The opportunity and the minutes don't lie.

Again this narrative that the coach doesn't like kids has been proven false over and over again.

CrazyEights

Apr 18, 2015
I thought this was the David Pastrnak's thread? Not Seguin trade one.. but anyway. Yesterday's demotion was indeed a paper move and the next move will be decided tonight/tommorrow.

Bruins general manager Don Sweeney confirmed Tuesday that the Bruins’ demotion of David Pastrnak to Providence came as a result of a roster crunch and the fact that the player would not be in Tuesday’s lineup anyway.

Pastrnak, who was in Finland for the World Junior Championships, got to Boston on Monday afternoon. He did not practice on Monday, making it very unlikely that he would play Tuesday vs. the Capitals. With the Bruins only having 11 forwards at their disposal (12 on their roster due to the suspended Brad Marchand taking up a spot) and 22 total roster players, the B’s needed to activate Joonas Kemppainen from injured reserve in order to have a full group of forwards against the Capitals. Adding Pastrnak would have left the B’s over the 23-man roster limit.

“Really the only [thing] was he didn’t arrive until yesterday afternoon,†Sweeney said. “We had him checked out, and he’ll skate today and we’ll re-evaluate. Really, it’s a matter of we play tonight, Joonas in all likelihood will come off IR, so our roster is what it is at this point in time. We’ll make a decision going forward, and David will be a part of that process.â€

Sweeney added that the Bruins are not concerned with a finger injury through which Pastrnak played WJC games. Sweeney was noncommittal when asked whether Pastrnak would play any games in Providence before returning to the NHL roster.

In 10 games this season, Pastrnak has two goals and two assists for four points.

Source

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Pastrnak played 347 minutes with Lucic last year,215 minutes with Spooner and 141 minutes with Krejci ES.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I thought this was the David Pastrnak's thread? Not Seguin trade one.. but anyway. Yesterday's demotion was indeed a paper move and the next move will be decided tonight/tommorrow.

Bruins general manager Don Sweeney confirmed Tuesday that the Bruins’ demotion of David Pastrnak to Providence came as a result of a roster crunch and the fact that the player would not be in Tuesday’s lineup anyway.

Pastrnak, who was in Finland for the World Junior Championships, got to Boston on Monday afternoon. He did not practice on Monday, making it very unlikely that he would play Tuesday vs. the Capitals. With the Bruins only having 11 forwards at their disposal (12 on their roster due to the suspended Brad Marchand taking up a spot) and 22 total roster players, the B’s needed to activate Joonas Kemppainen from injured reserve in order to have a full group of forwards against the Capitals. Adding Pastrnak would have left the B’s over the 23-man roster limit.

“Really the only [thing] was he didn’t arrive until yesterday afternoon,†Sweeney said. “We had him checked out, and he’ll skate today and we’ll re-evaluate. Really, it’s a matter of we play tonight, Joonas in all likelihood will come off IR, so our roster is what it is at this point in time. We’ll make a decision going forward, and David will be a part of that process.â€

Sweeney added that the Bruins are not concerned with a finger injury through which Pastrnak played WJC games. Sweeney was noncommittal when asked whether Pastrnak would play any games in Providence before returning to the NHL roster.

In 10 games this season, Pastrnak has two goals and two assists for four points.

Source

So this could mean he ends up playing tonight? I guess it comes down to him or Kempainen.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
oh look a bunch of people on HFBoards overreacted. shocking.

It isn't just HF, sadly. I saw several media reports yesterday calling Pastrnak's "demotion" inexplicable and hard to understand. How hard is it to understand that a kid needs a little time to recoup and reacclimate?

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I'm not sure that I understand what you're saying but are you saying that you don't think it's Pasta's decision? Because if so... no kidding.

I was saying it really has nothing to do with him not making this night to night line up. He will be playing every night when he is ready. Especially tonight Claude would love to have him with the injuries we have. It is funny people are silly enough to believe Claude doesn't want to play him now---than again no not really it is true to form on here.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
One things for sure, this team is a lot better with him on it. If nothing else the energy he brings really gives a boost to the team. It'll take a while for him to get back into it, but we need him to get going. He's technically still a rookie but he has a very important role here. I'd like to see

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Beleskey-Spooner-Eriksson
Hayes-Ferraro-Connolly
Vatrano-Kemmpainen-Randell/Rinaldo

for now, eventually move down Spooner and insert Krejci.

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
Id like to see
Marchy-Bergy-Conolly
Loui-Spooner-Pasta
Belesky-Ferraro-Vatrano
Hayes-Kemp-Randell/Talbot
Id switch loui and belesky depending on the opponent and physicality of the games.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Having Pasta, Marchand, and Krejci out is having an entire top line out.

Once these guys get back the Bruins will be back to normal, until then tread water and hope for a couple depth guys to start scoring, I am looking at your Connolly and Hayes.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Having Pasta, Marchand, and Krejci out is having an entire top line out.

Once these guys get back the Bruins will be back to normal, until then tread water and hope for a couple depth guys to start scoring, I am looking at your Connolly and Hayes.

I don't give up on young players very easily but I've can't take watching much more of Hayes.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
I don't give up on young players very easily but I've can't take watching much more of Hayes.

He's not even young for an NHL player. 26 years old. The thing is he lacks talent. I think he tries his best and just isn't good enough except for a few games here and there.

I'm so happy Pasta is back. For the people bringing up his stats from the start of the season... how many of the Bruins were actually putting up good numbers then?

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Great to get him back Friday then Marchand back on Saturday. Hope to hear something soon on Krejci's diagnosis and time line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad