Player Discussion David Pastrnak III

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Pasta does a lot of good this year - both directly and indirectly. Obviously, he's contributing to the team on the ice, and I think off the ice his cheerfulness and attitude is implicitly reminding the players that they should be thrilled to be in the NHL. He's smiling every time I see him off the ice, wagging his tail like a puppy with a new chew toy.

But besides the on and off ice stuff, he's giving Chiarelli some wiggle room in terms of trading (and perhaps Pasta's giving Chia some job security as well.) We're not desperate for a scoring forward like Iggy or That Guy Who Used To Be Here Instead of Loui. You want Marchand? Screw it, if you're lucky, you get Spooner. If you do'nt like it, we we'll be fine with Pastrnak.

Are we winning the cup hands down this year? It's still an uphill battle, Pastrnak or not. The playoffs aren't a lock - but at least they're not a pipe dream.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
He should get credited with an assist on Krejci's goal.

He drew NYR players to the right of the goal. He was positioned in front of Talbot screening him none the less but thought better to move over to the side. As he did NYR follows and that opens up a seam for Krug to pass to Krejci.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Pasta is here to stay. That's great news. The kid probably saved some jobs! He was like a transfusion that was badly needed by a sick patient/team aka the Bruins. We still have needs to shore up before playoffs start to make a serious run, but a lot of people slot into the correct position when we have a true goal threat on our top line RW.

Dwatson783

@dwatson783
Feb 17, 2009
Boston, MA
ieazg8Q.jpg

#CzechBuddies

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Didn't catch this one, but seems like Pasta had a pretty quiet game. Send him down? We're all what have you done for me lately people around here...

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
"David Krejci racist, only likes Czechs"

such a hack

I didn't think I could lose more respect for Haggerty after he threw his (editor/intern/person who carries a plastic baggie and pooper scooper behind Haggs) under the bus when he blamed poor editing for his "Patrice Bergeron/teenage girls" article during the playoffs last year. I thought he hit rock bottom. But that "people on the Internet think Krejci's contract was too high" (lol wat?) article that he wrote while barging in on DJ Bean's one-on-one was almost as mind-numbingly stupid.

Having Pasta and Krejci on the same line must make the people who do the inane name puns on NHL.com giddy with joy. I'm looking forward to "Czech mate", "double Czech", and "Czech please". Not to mention "Pastr-knack for finding the net", "Pasta sauced", and "Pasta du jour".

But in all seriousness, I can see how it's at least nice to have someone from your country and culture on your team - even if it's just to talk about a Czech movie, book, or TV show. Especially from the POV of Pastrnak - he's 18, thousands of miles away from his family, his original home, and his "adopted home" for the past few years of Sweden.

And I think a role model for him, especially at 18, would be a very good thing for him to have - I haven't seen it mentioned recently, but his father passed away from cancer in May of 2013. I think Pastrnak's got a good head on his shoulders, and I really think the other Bruins are going to embrace him both on and off the ice.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Ya (being facetious of course).

Like all kids, Pastrnak will have his ups and downs. He'll make great plays, and he'll make mistakes. Anyone who's watched pro sports for any length of time knows this and expects it.

He'll also have a few games in the press box, which won't mean that he's being punished or that Julien hates him, but that he's going to need a break now and then and can also learn by watching. Undoubtedly there will be some here who'll go off the deep end over it, but I would hope not "all."

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Great they keep him. Doesn't means we don't need little help at the deadline. There's no problem starting the playoff with Pastrnak as the 13th foward steping in in case of injuries a la Seguin 2011. We'll see how he does for the next 20ish games.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
We are also playing the hottest and best team in the East.

And the line looked good after two and Krejci scored.

20 minutes away from being 4-0-0 since he was called back.

The Pasterman effect.

exactly, and a team who, like the B`s when they are on, makes life very tough for opponents with responsible team D

Kid played well, didn`t bring me out of my seat as he did in the previous two games but he set that bar pretty high

For me, I look at his positioning and play in the D zone (as much as I can on TV) to see how he`s playing and again, I don`t see an 18 year old kid running around looking lost, very disciplined for his age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad