Line Combos: David Krejci's time to shine

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Spooner is not coming out. Let's be serious here.

And I like the idea of Krejci on Bergys wing.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Yeah, taking Spooner out of the line-up is criminal. But that's what will probably happen...

Soda really needs to go to wing.

But I trust Clode will pass on thinking and just go Spooner out, Krejci in.

I want to see some professional growth, Clode. Work with what you have!

What indication is there that Spooner is out ?

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Thanks Sooshi,
If this is the scenario, I must admit that I finally would like to see CJ fired.
CJ needs to do something creative that id fresh and innovative that can boost a spark to the rear ends of each of these players so we can at least say that they did everything possible with the means that they have to bolster their chances to win their remaining games.
Putting Krejci with Bergy and Marchand isn't creative? Seems like today's practice lines mean CJ is thinking of keeping the Looch-kid line together which is smart. I'm surprised he's not ready to sit Spooner but I guess we'll have to see tomorrow.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
As long as the top 9 consists of Krejci, Marchand, Bergeron, Lucic, Pastrnak, Spooner, Eriksson, Soderberg, and Smith I'll be happy.

Smith has sucked but I think putting him on the 3rd line and hoping he can turn it around with new line mates and worse competition gives us the potential for our best top 9.

Also, Campbell and Paille need to sit. Doubt it though.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Putting Krejci with Bergy and Marchand isn't creative? Seems like today's practice lines mean CJ is thinking of keeping the Looch-kid line together which is smart. I'm surprised he's not ready to sit Spooner but I guess we'll have to see tomorrow.

Spooner is in danger when Connolly is ready and krecji is ready to return at C, likely he's giving him some time to get his legs going.

If we make it in the playoffs lucic-Spooner-pasta line won't be together.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
With Krejci in Spooner can play one place, and one place alone, line 3 center.

That would mean Soda would need to go to wing.

This is not a big deal. But I bet Clode won't do it. I'll give him credit if he does. That would show some growth as a coach.

But even the most steadfast Clode backers would agree that Clode is one of the most stubborn coaches we've seen.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Yeah, taking Spooner out of the line-up is criminal. But that's what will probably happen...

Soda really needs to go to wing.

But I trust Clode will pass on thinking and just go Spooner out, Krejci in.

I want to see some professional growth, Clode. Work with what you have!

If that was the case Krejci probably wouldn't be practicing where he has been.

That and Claude has already said Spooner isn't coming out of the lineup

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
As long as the top 9 consists of Krejci, Marchand, Bergeron, Lucic, Pastrnak, Spooner, Eriksson, Soderberg, and Smith I'll be happy.

Smith has sucked but I think putting him on the 3rd line and hoping he can turn it around with new line mates and worse competition gives us the potential for our best top 9.

Also, Campbell and Paille need to sit. Doubt it though.

Will end up smith+ spooner sitting. "Experience and lack of talent wins" :shakehead

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Clode said himself just the other day that Spooner wasn't coming out of the lineup because of how well he has played.

We shall see.

Fantastic. Soda is going to be pissed. But he has earned that kick to wing. This made my day. Good for you, coach.

Want to bet real money on that ?

No. You never know what a coach will do with his life on the line. Even things he would never normally do.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009

This is but if he inserts Paille instead and does not join Krecji with Loui I think his creativeness is poor.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
This is but if he inserts Paille instead and does not join Krecji with Loui I think his creativeness is poor.

Doesn't it just seem like Loui would fit well on L2? I don't know, in my head, it just looks perfect.

It's amazing that Loui is so glued to L3...the only logical explanation is Clode thinks Soda and Loui need each other.

I'm with ya. Go wild. Smash it up...at least a bit.

Lucic-Krejci-Pasta
Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson
Soderberg-Spooner-Smith
Paille-Talbot-Ferlin

Puncher's chance.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
Doesn't it just seem like Loui would fit well on L2? I don't know, in my head, it just looks perfect.

It's amazing that Loui is so glued to L3...the only logical explanation is Clode thinks Soda and Loui need each other.

I'm with ya. Go wild.

Lucic-Krejci-Pasta
Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson
Soderberg-Spooner-Smith
Paille-Talbot-Ferlin

Puncher's chance.

I liked what LE brought when played with March and Bergy and they seemed to bring a different play inside the opponents zone.
However, I think LE should be tried with Krecji and in hopes to add as much scoring potential to our troops up front going down this final stretch where each game is more important than the next.

We do agree that CJ does have to come swinging with something different and if does not I am all for him to be booted if this is not attempted in our last few weeks left in our season.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
I think Paille was just there as a placeholder. Didn't wanna mess with the top 3 lines so bumped up someone from the 4th line to spot Krejci in practice.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
I think Paille was just there as a placeholder. Didn't wanna mess with the top 3 lines so bumped up someone from the 4th line to spot Krejci in practice.

OK, but I am certain we are mostly all on the same page where CJ needs to be creative with his lines if Krecji is to return tomorrow or the next game.
If he does not do anything it just spells out he has quit on the opportunity to spark this team in the last few games.

ElkabombKid9

May 18, 2007
Boston
Not a chance.

Practice Lineup March 25

Gold Jerseys: Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - David Krejci - Daniel Paille

White: Milan Lucic - Ryan Spooner - David Pastrnak

Gray: Reilly Smith - Carl Soderberg - Loui Eriksson

Burgundy: Chris Kelly - Gregory Campbell - Max Talbot - Brian Ferlin

Zdeno Chara - Adam McQuaid

Torey Krug - Dennis Seidenberg

Matt Bartkowski - Zach Trotman

Goalies: Tuukka Rask, Niklas Svedberg

The defense... EWWW. Love both Chara and Mcquaid but together?

OutspokenMinority*

The defense... EWWW. Love both Chara and Mcquaid but together?

i would normally think it was time to try it, but with Chara playing as poorly as he has, it may not work. if he picks it up i think it's the right direction to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad